English Football League 2021/22 Season - Playoffs

Another win for Derby County against a promotion contender, 1-0 at home to WBA. The Rams have lost less games this season than both Huddersfield and Middlesbrough sitting in play off spots. 14 points behind 21st placed Reading with 69 points still to play for, is it too much to ask that they could still avoid the drop despite a combined 21 point deduction penalty? It would be some escape feat.

Another win for Derby County against a promotion contender, 1-0 at home to WBA. The Rams have lost less games this season than both Huddersfield and Middlesbrough sitting in play off spots. 14 points behind 21st placed Reading with 69 points still to play for, is it too much to ask that they could still avoid the drop despite a combined 21 point deduction penalty? It would be some escape feat.

If Rooney can keep them up with that deduction and everything in the background then he could walk into any championship job next season.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Blaming covid and FFP. 🤣

About time these teams looked at the business model.

I thought it was pretty much accepted that Bristol city are happy to run at a loss and have their billionaire owner fund it.

Its what they have done ever since he took over.  Maybe a bigger loss than he’d liked this time.

54 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I thought it was pretty much accepted that Bristol city are happy to run at a loss and have their billionaire owner fund it.

Its what they have done ever since he took over.  Maybe a bigger loss than he’d liked this time.

Such a nonsensical way to operate a football club.

Apparently half of their season ticket income covers three of their players who aren't even regulars.

I don't have any feelings either way towards Derby but it would be good to see them stay up.

People will have their own views but I've always found it wrong that the fans / team are the ones who effectively get penalised for any mismanagement which goes on behind the scenes.

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

I don't have any feelings either way towards Derby but it would be good to see them stay up.

People will have their own views but I've always found it wrong that the fans / team are the ones who effectively get penalised for any mismanagement which goes on behind the scenes.

How else could it be done? Like Rangers, they cheated to sign players they couldn't afford. I don't remember supporters of any team complaining much when unsustainable money gets chucked about.

46 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

How else could it be done? Like the holding company that ran Rangers, they cheated to sign players they couldn't afford. I don't remember supporters of any team complaining much when unsustainable money gets chucked about.

FTFY

Cracking game tonight. Really enjoying watching Middlesbrough under Chris Wilder. So good to see them take the game to opponents.

Absolute scenes at the end. A massive f**k up by Dijksteel gifted Blackpool a last minute equaliser. Boro get themselves up the pitch not ling after and grab a winner.

I see Izzy Jones was credited with both assists, how was he?

He's been excellent when I've watched him recently. He should have had a 3rd assist but Hernandez somehow missed when it looked easier to score. I was watching with Blackpool commentators (from their radio station) and they were signing his praises as well. Similarly when Boro have been on SKY recently the commentators have highlighted him.

He keeps on the way he is he'll be snapped up by a bigger side in no time (sadly). If he succeeds there I'll be surprised if a Cap isn't on the horizon.

Cheers, incredible to think he was burning holes in the terrible Palmerston turf last season.
I know someone who was working at the game tonight, press box is amongst the away fans, says it was absolute carnage at the end!

Aye there were a few on the pitch and they were packed in so I can imagine it would have been bodies flying everywhere who stayed in the stand. The noise from the Boro support was incredible right from the kick off.

Nottingham Forest 0 Huddersfield Town 1. Huddersfield hit the bar in the first minute and precious little happened until the 30 minute mark when Huddersfield scored, which I managed to miss because of the horrendous stream which kept jumping, sticking, restarting 15 seconds after/before it stopped...grr. And despite showing replays of everything from the assistant referee scratching his arse to the corner flag flapping in the breeze there was no replay of the goal until half time.

Forest came more into it after the goal and hit the woodwork themselves.

Maybe a draw would have been a fairer result, but Forest were too careless and slapdash in front of goal, Huddersfield always carried a threat I thought.

There were too many players trying to play fancy stuff they weren't capable of pulling off.

If either of these sides go up they will be totally annihilated.

Derby pull off another of their famed comebacks to come from 2 down to grab a thoroughly deserved point at Reading, although maybe fortunate to get away with what looked like handball in their penalty area in the last minute.

They might even have won had the guy sprinting down their left wing been able to control the ball on the numerous occasions he got past the last man.

Derby might get relegated but they're not going down without a fight.