Arbroath vs Thistle 21st August 2021

1 minute ago, timlichtie said:

BBC stats had Arbroath 16 shots, 8 on target. Thistle 10 shots, 2 on target.
3 goals to one.
We even had to score for you.
A comprehensive drubbing by any standard.

Well as it was previously pointed out to me, stats apparently mean nothing :rolleyes:

I have a differing view from many of the thistle fans, I thought the first half we were poor and came out flying in the 2nd and just blew you away, 3-1 was very flattering in the end.

We were far superior in every department, we should really be on 7 points. 

Looking forward to Dunfermline next week.

1 hour ago, Big Jocks Chewin The Fat said:

Enjoy, i hope it is cask strength

Is there any other kind?

Got to be careful though as there's literally gallons of the stuff swilling aboot.

I also want to be sober enough to watch the highlights later.

1 hour ago, lichtiekev said:

Didn't look fit, missed a great chance with only goalie to beat, always remember him being a handful for East Fife though so hopefully just lacking confidence 

He'll miss lots of those, he should be fit Sheerin does double sessions but then maybe that's why he's been punted to you lot, he's perhaps firing the big Mac's over his neck at every opportunity. 

He'll miss lots of those, he should be fit Sheerin does double sessions but then maybe that's why he's been punted to you lot, he's perhaps firing the big Mac's over his neck at every opportunity. 

I thought he had a decent little 10 minute cameo. Had a couple of chances, held the ball up well and linked well with Nouble. I’m not sure how you can judge his fitness in 10 minutes. He’ll be a sub for a while if Nouble and McKenna continue like today.

2 hours ago, Big Jocks Chewin The Fat said:

Haud the bus, he is signed to a premiership team? hahaha no will be the answer to that, unless you play against our weak as shit defence every weekend.

Your patter is fucking rotten and that's coming from me.

5 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Difficult to tell on the stream, but should Stone have done better at the goal?

Yes. I was behind the goal in direct line of the flight of the free kick, the two man wall was completly ineffective and offered no protection. Stone then took a back post corner postion, it was obvious his positioning was terrible, there was a huge target to aim at. Thought he was going to save it but was quite a weak hand on the ball.

As for the 3rd..

mourinho.gif

Arbroath is now rivaling Dunfermline for away day horror shows.

5 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Mega lols at the hipster jakeballs thinking they were going to win the league cause they won a couple of games. A result today that reminds them of their place in the grand scheme of things and allows the obvious title winners to take the top spot. Pleasing. 

^^^weird c**t

52 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Mega lols at the hipster jakeballs thinking they were going to win the league cause they won a couple of games. A result today that reminds them of their place in the grand scheme of things and allows the obvious title winners to take the top spot. Pleasing. 

Hipster jakeballs no less well this one didn't think that. These temporary setbacks happen.

Nice try though

Arbroath clearly deserved to win today, albeit the “should have been 6 or 7” narrative is nonsense. Arbroath capitalised on a couple of terrible mistakes from our loan keeper, and definitely deserved their two goal win, but I’d say 3-1 was fair enough without adding on another 4 goals for no reason.

Our defence has been a problem since the start of the season, and Joel Nouble highlighted that today by ragdolling anyone who got near him. He reminded me a bit of Ade Azeez for us a few years back, who bullied opposition defenders regularly while struggling to get on the scoresheet himself. I think he’s a really good fit for Arbroath and will help them comfortably stay up this season.

On the Jags side, Harry Stone had looked good for us in his previous appearances, but came crashing back down to earth with that disaster of a performance today where he was directly responsible for two goals. I’m not calling for Sneddon to be reinstated yet, but that certainly no took some shine off the Stone signing. Ross Docherty was a big miss today - I’d guess we probably still would have lost with him on the pitch, but I feel like his composure on the ball might have made a difference. If we’re looking for positives, I suppose Bannigan kept the ball well and Akinola was alright on his debut. That’s about it, though.

A wee bit of a reality check today, all things considered. We’ll be fine this season, but are still miles away from being a promotion contender. I’d be very surprised if this Arbroath team was anywhere near the drop as well - more likely they’ll occupy a comfortable mid-table finish as a result of swording powerpuff mobs like us at home every second week.

An awful lot of comments on here from fans that were not at the game well I was and thought from start to finish Arbroath were excellent  Mckenna Low Little and Nouble were superb I don't recall Gaston having a save to make very lucky goal Thistle got for me Arbroath never looked like losing and if anything should have won more comfortably not for the first time I scratch my head at Campbells subs why the f*** was Gold taken off and Stewart dropped back to full back when both were playing so well ???

10 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Arbroath clearly deserved to win today, albeit the “should have been 6 or 7” narrative is nonsense.

Aye, I was wondering where this came from as well. Stone made a good save from Craigen, but other than that I genuinely can’t think of any times where I thought Arbroath should have scored. Certainly not as though they were missing a load of sitters or anything.

I noticed the official Arbroath Twitter hit out with it as well and immediately thought it was complete shite.

Just now, Nightmare said:

Simmer doon, pal. You’ll be back there long before we will.

You were literally relegated from this division last time you and Arbroath shared it, champ. And your pumping today is instructive as to what happens next.  

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg