Celtic vs St Mirren, 21.08.21

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

As shite as St Mirren appeared to be that few minutes of Colum laughing off Christie’s challenge an then an onside goal disallowed is a fucking minter. Do the refs ever look back at these decisions and think  “aye, maybe that was wrong”?

Totally agree, but little chance it would have had any bearing on the eventual outcome today.

That said, no excuses for glaring mistakes especially when it seems to be heavily weighted towards one side.

18 minutes ago, zorba74 said:

i respect celtic for supporting palestine. what do you think of your israeli players (past and present)

Berkovic was decent, quick and skilful but  kinda f**k it for himself by reacting to some fans negativity. 

Bitton has been a good Servant but continues to be played out of position because he’s not good enough in his chosen position. Liable to some head farts

Gerson - who??

kayak - ok but shat it in a big game, over after that. 

El Hamed - meh

Abada - early days, looking good.  

is this what you meant????

2 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Berkovic was decent, quick and skilful but  kinda f**k it for himself by reacting to some fans negativity. 

Bitton has been a good Servant but continues to be played out of position because he’s not good enough in his chosen position. Liable to some head farts

Gerson - who??

kayak - ok but shat it in a big game, over after that. 

El Hamed - meh

Abada - early days, looking good.  

is this what you meant????

I suspect he was fishing. 

12 hours ago, Munoz said:

The team need to quickly forget about this game and result. Our next 2 games are far more important. 

Agreed. Posted this after the Dundee game and it applies here as well: Games against the OF for teams like St. Mirren, Dundee, RC, Motherwell, United, Livington aren't all that important. Sure, you don't want to get your ass kicked like this, and if you get a win like United a few weeks back it's extra insurance, but it's matches against the other five teams mentioned that are truly critical. 

Im sure the Celtic fans from the schemes of Glasgow and beyond will be absolutely over the moon with this result yesterday, beating a team 6-0 with numerous multi million pound players on the pitch means a lot to people who live their lives regularly failing to make their direct debit payments on time. The sort of people who’s happiness depends on the success of their team, who try and lord it over diddy team fans when they win even though they have less than 3 figures in their bank account and go on holiday to places like Craig Tara caravan park. 

It’s been statistically proven that a higher percentage of diddy team fans hold positions in middle to upper management, and have savings and investments averaging low to mid 5 figures, as well as a very healthy company pension which will compound with time. If Celtic fans are happy to trade that life in order to watch their team beat Dundee and St Mirren 6-0 they are welcome to it, although the vast majority have no choice due to their lack of formal qualifications, and unfortunately a background of genuine poverty. 

Facebook is a very good tool to use in order to see where Celtic and Rangers fans that you used to go to school with have got to in their lives. I studied data analytics at Uni and over the space of a couple of days I collated heaps of info into a pretty basic program that was able to measure strength of old firm fan against lack of wealth, and the results did not surprise me. Going off my findings we can see that old firm fans are 62% more likely to have had a child before the age of 22, a massive drain on an already precarious financial situation. A worrying trend that my team found was that old firm fans are actually 87% (EIGHTY SEVEN PERCENT) more likely to spend their disposable income in their chosen clubs shop, rather than doing something sensible with it like investing it in a tracker fund, or buying food for their new born baby. If anyone wants a pdf. of the results I’m happy to email them over.

10 hours ago, zorba74 said:

i respect celtic for supporting palestine. what do you think of your israeli players (past and present)

If somebody has an issue with a person purely on where they happened to be born then I think having an issue with a country’s zionist mindset would somewhat hypocritical.

Anyway that was my finally first game in 18months and it was marvellous.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

If somebody has an issue with a person purely on where they happened to be born then I think having an issue with a country’s zionist mindset would somewhat hypocritical.

Anyway that was my finally first game in 18months and it was marvellous.

Why did your main fan group vandalise Patrick Thistles stadium for no other reason than football players from Israel were training there? 

That’s not a dig at you personally as im sure you didn’t partake, but does that sort of stuff not embarrass you as a supporter of the same team? Especially when it’s only affecting a fellow Scottish club who probably can do without the cost of removing paint from their stadium. 

40 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Why did your main fan group vandalise Patrick Thistles stadium for no other reason than football players from Israel were training there? 

That’s not a dig at you personally as im sure you didn’t partake, but does that sort of stuff not embarrass you as a supporter of the same team? Especially when it’s only affecting a fellow Scottish club who probably can do without the cost of removing paint from their stadium. 

Our main fan group? They are tiny compared to the CSA and CSC to the point they have a supporters group in one of them.  I have no issue with protests against the actions of the Israeli government, and I do question how they are allowed to continue in word football given they have often restricted players playing for Palestine. But as for the incident you are talking about it’s silly to be taking it out on the national team and also having a random local club to face the financial consequences of it.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Our main fan group? They are tiny compared to the CSA and CSC to the point they have a supporters group in one of them.  I have no issue with protests against the actions of the Israeli government, and I do question how they are allowed to continue in word football given they have often restricted players playing for Palestine. But as for the incident you are talking about it’s silly to be taking it out on the national team and also having a random local club to face the financial consequences of it.

Fair enough that wasn’t supposed to be in any way a support of Israel or their governments actions, if I’m being perfectly honest I don’t know enough about the situation to give valid comment on the issue, but a group of Celtic supporters vandalising a lower league teams stadium because they allowed the Israelis to train there just seems ridiculous to me. Apart from the fact that it was going to achieve absolutely nothing apart from making some Celtic fans look silly, who has the time to set aside to go and do something like that. How can a Scottish Celtic supporter feel so strongly about this conflict that they are able to take time out their week to throw paint over Firhill. 

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

Im sure the Celtic fans from the schemes of Glasgow and beyond will be absolutely over the moon with this result yesterday, beating a team 6-0 with numerous multi million pound players on the pitch means a lot to people who live their lives regularly failing to make their direct debit payments on time. The sort of people who’s happiness depends on the success of their team, who try and lord it over diddy team fans when they win even though they have less than 3 figures in their bank account and go on holiday to places like Craig Tara caravan park. 

It’s been statistically proven that a higher percentage of diddy team fans hold positions in middle to upper management, and have savings and investments averaging low to mid 5 figures, as well as a very healthy company pension which will compound with time. If Celtic fans are happy to trade that life in order to watch their team beat Dundee and St Mirren 6-0 they are welcome to it, although the vast majority have no choice due to their lack of formal qualifications, and unfortunately a background of genuine poverty. 

Facebook is a very good tool to use in order to see where Celtic and Rangers fans that you used to go to school with have got to in their lives. I studied data analytics at Uni and over the space of a couple of days I collated heaps of info into a pretty basic program that was able to measure strength of old firm fan against lack of wealth, and the results did not surprise me. Going off my findings we can see that old firm fans are 62% more likely to have had a child before the age of 22, a massive drain on an already precarious financial situation. A worrying trend that my team found was that old firm fans are actually 87% (EIGHTY SEVEN PERCENT) more likely to spend their disposable income in their chosen clubs shop, rather than doing something sensible with it like investing it in a tracker fund, or buying food for their new born baby. If anyone wants a pdf. of the results I’m happy to email them over.

Do you have the % on obesity and unemployment ? I’d expect both of those are higher amongst old firm fans too.

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

D16E0CE9-E6A0-4A20-9040-C6D5BB35E0A6.jpeg