Celtic vs St Mirren, 21.08.21

Well, thankfully that's over. It was always going to be tough today but Alnwick flogging two goals, Power stupidly getting sent off and you're right up against it. 

On another day Power might have got away with a yellow but if you dive in then you're taking a risk. Such a needless challenge to make too. I've not been overly impressed with Power so far, I'd sooner have Flynn or Macpherson playing. 

I actually think there were a couple of positives too. With 10 men we created a couple of decent chances and had a perfectly good goal chalked off. Of course, immediately after Main's goal was ruled out Celtic score the third. Not that it would've made any difference to the outcome, only the scoreline. 

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

It's fair to say Celtic are decent again. Even with 11 men and Alnwick on his game we were in for a pasting. 

No easy fixtures coming up as well. 

Yeah, red card and shit decisions or not, we were getting hammered today.

7 minutes ago, TheBruce said:

Celtic immense from the off.

This attacking style of play big Ange has them playing is frightening. Movement, link up play, the energy being shown is pretty special. Even Eddie stepped up a gear and Ralston looking a real player. All looking very happy at their work.

After all the doubters, this is the Ange factor at work. He's certainly motivating them and defo brought back the togetherness and a special style.

Wouldn't fancy being a Ranger against this well oiled machine next week. I can see them getting turned over and I know it's early doors, but I think their league campaign will be over before it's really begun. 

Sick Smell GIF by RuthieHenshall

13 minutes ago, TheBruce said:

Celtic immense from the off.

This attacking style of play big Ange has them playing is frightening. Movement, link up play, the energy being shown is pretty special. Even Eddie stepped up a gear and Ralston looking a real player. All looking very happy at their work.

After all the doubters, this is the Ange factor at work. He's certainly motivating them and defo brought back the togetherness and a special style.

Wouldn't fancy being a Ranger against this well oiled machine next week. I can see them getting turned over and I know it's early doors, but I think their league campaign will be over before it's really begun. 

He’s only 5’ 10”

He’s not that big.