Paisley Saints v Perth Saints

St Mirren fans can console themselves about the offside goal with the fact that 2 seconds later we were 2v1 in their final third and one pass away from a tap in when the ref dragged play back to give us a free kick on the halfway line.

Nothing quite matches a ref knowing they've made an arse of a decision for one team, so deciding to make an arse of a decision for the other straight after.

12 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Dunne needs papped on the bench, he’s rubbish. His passing is atrocious.

We won’t score many goals this season probably. We had more than enough chances in the first half. The early one we did score today that was disallowed, linesman made an arse of it.

I thought Dunne was decent today. Admittedly he wasn't up against much in Hendry and May but defensively he was sound. His passing isn't great though, I agree. 

28 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Absolutely, Flynn has class but no legs and the other 2 have legs but no class. 

Are folk forgetting Flynn returning and pelting the length of the park to set up the fifth at the end of the 5-1 win at Tannadice last season? He’s got class and legs IMO unless there’s an issue since then that I’ve missed.

Thought we were the slightly better of two poor teams in the first half but terrible in the second half. The midfield basically offers nothing, the wing-backs just get high balls launched at them and we only seem to give the strikers one decent chance per game. We fell to bits once St Johnstone made their subs.

Good to see ‘Shitebag Scotty’ keeping a clean sheet though, not bad for an apparent frail liability.

29 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Dunne needs papped on the bench, he’s rubbish. His passing is atrocious.

We won’t score many goals this season probably. We had more than enough chances in the first half. The early one we did score today that was disallowed, linesman made an arse of it.

Ha ha, yep he’s not technically gifted but you have him for two years if he manages to stay fit.

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

And Gordon...

Yeah but hes injured, was just meaning the players we'd rested.

4 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Good to see ‘Shitebag Scotty’ keeping a clean sheet though, not bad for an apparent frail liability.

We created about 3 openings down his side once Middleton came on + Rooney started just running at him. Clean sheet wasn't down to him, our clownshoe strikers saw to that.

What a shite game from two poor teams Perth Saints slightly better but not by much. Ref another SFA clown . Relegation coming to the buds unless a couple of players can be found. Perth Saints will be lucky to be out the top three never mind top 6. Atmosphere was crap also big disappointment today. 

10 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Spot on should be playing most weeks anyway. 

He occasionally scores are worldy but in general he is just a series of rash challenges with absolutely no vision or ability to dictate play. The centre of the park is a real concern and when you look at the squad, we don’t have anyone who can pick a pass in the middle of the park. McGrath is good but he is a sitting off the strikers type so he isn’t that player either.

Edited by Torfason

1 minute ago, Torfason said:

He occasionally scores are worldy but in general he is just a series of rash challenges with absolutely no vision or ability to dictate play. The centre of the park is a real concern and when you look at the squad, we don’t have anyone who can pick a pass in the middle of the park. McGrath is good that player either.but he is a sitting off the strikers type so he isn’t. 

I rate McPherson he will be gone next season. Saints fans will find out how good he is in an opposition shirt. 

2 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

I rate McPherson he will be gone next season. Saints fans will find out how good he is in an opposition shirt. 

Only if we get relegated, otherwise he will be playing in a league below us.

It wasn't a great game, and I thought some of Goodwin's decisions were pretty bizarre. I understand why he wanted McCarthy in there, but he really didn't look like he had any idea what he was doing, leaving Erhahon pretty much on his own in there, covering both fullbacks and the middle. Also, I don't know why replacing two forwards who weren't able to get any ball in the second half with two worse forwards who also couldn't get any ball was the tactical masterstroke he came up with. Flynn, McPherson or Henderson all would have had far more chance of making an impact where we needed it.

I think we do need some pace, even just to come off the bench. I'd even in take the "headless chicken" Connolly type of pace, just to keep defences honest. 

I still fail to understand the unrelenting love from some corners for Cammy McPherson. He is the poster child lower premier league/upper championship player.

Loads of effort and endeavour and has the occasional really good game but shows very little in the way of consistent quality. He's a decent and handy squad player to have but there's no way are we starting him every week if we're trying to look up the league.

As an aside, I think Jamie McGrath switched the feet his boots were on at HT. Went from one of the best players on the park to one of the worst in a very short period of time.

Might post something more in-depth later, but getting back to the car to hear Goodwin talk about tired legs was a bit strange. By my reckoning, tired legs can be somewhat addressed by using your full allocation of subs…