UEFA Europa League 21/22

ahemps

2 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

The world’s worst person from a few weeks ago gets a celebratory chant every time he goes near the ball tonight. West Ham fans clearly love cat abusers.

Actually he was getting booed early on. I guess the game got hold of folk a bit.

35 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Better to get sevco papped out sooner rather than later for the benefit of the city of Seville.

Agree, but in Manchester their previous incarnation were facing a foreign opponent who were hardly flooding the streets with thousands upon thousands of their own fans, and look how that went. This current mob of kunts share a lot of the old kunts’ DNA. The thought of the Sevco hordes travelling to London in their thousands, tons of them without tickets, just there to get pished in Leicester Square and cause trouble. This time though, a game against a British team who will have 50,000 plus of their own there on game night fills me with a sense of foreboding. Put it this way, wouldn’t be planning to do some shopping in the huge centre at the stadium in Stratford that night. Really hope they don’t draw each other.

Edited by pozbaird

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I still don't get the Declan Rice hype.

He’s English! Only last weekend David Ginola was comparing Harry Kane to Diego Maradona. 😂 

Ginola said 'The new playmaker at Spurs is Harry Kane. He is like the new Diego Maradona now. Long passes, short passes, he has it all.'

59 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I still don't get the Declan Rice hype.

I like him and think he’s really good for his age. Tonight wasn’t one of his better games though.

I suspect he’s fortunate that he is at a club that are very decent but not one that has a massive squad so he plays most games without a lot of competition for his place, yet still gets to learn by playing in Europe etc. 

3 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Big goal from Jarrod Bowen, that.

Not sure why one of their fans launched a burger at him though :lol: 

Bowen is a player I rate really highly and probably deserves an England call-up.  It won't happen because he's not one of Southgate's big names but he's probably better than guys like Grealish, Rashford, etc... who get regular England caps

9 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I like him and think he’s really good for his age. Tonight wasn’t one of his better games though.

He is on a booking, so I suspect that played into it last night. They reset after next week, but now going into that game with Antonio, Bowen and Rice all with the possibility of missing the first leg of the semi final. 

Rice is class, he bosses 90% games he plays in, can play in numerous positions and generally strolls most games he plays in. He is only 23, he has a massive future. 

Strange game yesterday, West Ham never seemed to get going with the whole game feeling a bit tense. Cresswell gives that foul away most weeks, was Dembele going towards goal? I don't think so, but don't give the referee that choice to make, especially one who is corrupt. I am not sure why VAR didn't investigate the foul on Bowen beforehand but at this point I am still not sure how VAR actually works.

Next week is going to be another tight affair. 

He is on a booking, so I suspect that played into it last night. They reset after next week, but now going into that game with Antonio, Bowen and Rice all with the possibility of missing the first leg of the semi final. 
Rice is class, he bosses 90% games he plays in, can play in numerous positions and generally strolls most games he plays in. He is only 23, he has a massive future. 

He's English though and that's all the marks on here can see when it comes to footballers.

Aye, Declan Rice is a smashing footballer. Rashford has been class for a while too, but has been over played so last season and, to a greater extent, this season, he hasn't hit the heights. Posters on here do love to indulge in the narrative that English = overrated though which leads to weird shouts such as Declan Rice being average or whatever.

That Frankfurt v Barca game looked excellent. I only saw the highlights, but the counterattacking stuff played by the German lads was fantastic. It could have finished about 5-4. Feyenoord v Slavia was wild too. The Slavia keeper having a somewhat bipolar game where he made a few very good saves and one absolute comedy howler. De Kuip is a beautiful ground.