Michael Gove goes clubbing

So... are we allowed to post rumours of Gove and his "activities" during his callow youth in Aberdeen? There are some crackers...

As for going to a club alone? Of course, why not? You are there for the music and booze, aren't you?

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Gove is getting even more desperate in his attempts to seem like a normal person before his inevitable tilt at being PM. He also suddenly appears to have become the biggest football fan in the world in recent months. Straight out of the Johnson playbook.

I believe he used to be a QPR fan but has now switched to "supporting" Chelsea. As if there weren't already enough reasons to dislike the bellend.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

So... are we allowed to post rumours of Gove and his "activities" during his callow youth in Aberdeen? There are some crackers...

As for going to a club alone? Of course, why not? You are there for the music and booze, aren't you?

mrhm, i think the problem with going to a club is you look like you're either i) utterly desperate for your hole and/or ii) a WaffenThinMint level serial murderer. Also carries the implication that there's literally no-one you know that will tolerate you enough to accompany you even for a night of booze.

I reckon a pub can be alright, or I hope so, have gone into one after stuff like job interviews before to get a pub lunch and a pint or two. A night-club is different.

I think if I've ever been to a nightclub in the past ten years it's been because I wasn't drunk enough to go home yet and it was still open. I don't believe I've ever been to one on my own. Maybe when I was about 18 and my mates were late so I was there first.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

1 minute ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

mrhm, i think the problem with going to a club is you look like you're either i) utterly desperate for your hole and/or ii) a WaffenThinMint level serial murderer.

I'd say that irrespective whether you are on your own or not, many are "utterly desperate" for their hole.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Who the f**k goes to nightclubs for the booze and music? The music is shite and the booze comes in plastic cups. You're there for your hole.

That's your problem there, if you go to a club night and the music is shite, you've chosen the wrong club (or night).

11 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

mrhm, i think the problem with going to a club is you look like you're either i) utterly desperate for your hole and/or ii) a WaffenThinMint level serial murderer. Also carries the implication that there's literally no-one you know that will tolerate you enough to accompany you even for a night of booze.

I reckon a pub can be alright, or I hope so, have gone into one after stuff like job interviews before to get a pub lunch and a pint or two. A night-club is different.

A solo pint is one of life's simple pleasures. If a guy has so little self-awareness or concern with what other people think that they'll go clubbing on their own then batter in, I will simply not engage.

11 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I think if I've ever been to a nightclub in the past ten years it's been because I wasn't drunk enough to go home yet and it was still open. I don't believe I've ever been to one on my own. Maybe when I was about 18 and my mates were late so I was there first.

Turning up and meeting your mates inside the club is not the same as going on your own 

5 minutes ago, Ric said:

That's your problem there, if you go to a club night and the music is shite, you've chosen the wrong club (or night).

The next club night you head off to on your own, take a wee clipboard with you and survey the lads and lassies on entry and ask them if they're there for the music or their hole. 

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The next club night you head off to on your own, take a wee clipboard with you and survey the lads and lassies on entry and ask them if they're there for the music or their hole. 

Suggesting someone turns up to a club night with a clipboard hints at why you are constantly out "looking for your hole".

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Well that another conversation altogether. 30 years ago, whilst yr hole was always very welcome, folks were there very much for the music.  Without wishing to come across as yer da, the yoof, in general,  simply don't care about music as much as they did 30 years ago.

Edited by Jimi Shandrix