Season ticket sales

18 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Ticket prices for Scottish football are far too expensive.

That appears generally true. I was speaking to a 'Rangers' fan this week, who was telling me of his bargain offer of a three Europa League game package at £84, i.e. £28 a game. What surprised me most is that this is the concession price for over 65s. I wonder what the full price cost is?

Sorry that this is slightly off topic in that it isn't a season ticket point, but it underlines changes in the way clubs operate. As an example, my season ticket at Tannadice used to allow entry to all European games, this including the EC semi final against Roma, and the '87 final v IFK.

21 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

That appears generally true. I was speaking to a 'Rangers' fan this week, who was telling me of his bargain offer of a three Europa League game package at £84, i.e. £28 a game. What surprised me most is that this is the concession price for over 65s. I wonder what the full price cost is?

Sorry that this is slightly off topic in that it isn't a season ticket point, but it underlines changes in the way clubs operate. As an example, my season ticket at Tannadice used to allow entry to all European games, this including the EC semi final against Roma, and the '87 final v IFK.

The full price is £117 which is far too expensive. They know that mugs (like myself) will pay it though.

The full price is £117 which is far too expensive. They know that mugs (like myself) will pay it though.

£117 is crazy for a game of football. It’s completely unacceptable.

Scottish fans are being completely ripped off. I don’t believe season tickets offer good value for money. As someone mentioned earlier, you miss a couple of games and you are out of pocket. Then you are left with PATG. I believe this season the ticket price for a St Johnstone home game is £25 quid. For the happy clapping diehards they’ll pay anything, they don’t care. What if you want try and get a friend to join you who doesn’t really go to games? “Alright mate - do you fancy getting the bus to the outskirts of town to sit in a dull, cold stadium that’s half empty? It’s £25 quid to get in.” Good luck with that one. You might snare someone who doesn’t know any better but there’s a good chance they won’t be back.

People think the MLS is w**k but if there’s one thing they get right it’s how to make a football game an event and create a festival like atmosphere. Stadiums have beer halls and food courts. They are vibrant, colourful and there’s an atmosphere. The Australian A League is similar. There’s more reason to make the journey to the stadium, there’s more to do for the fair weather fan.

9 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Scottish fans are being completely ripped off. I don’t believe season tickets offer good value for money. As someone mentioned earlier, you miss a couple of games and you are out of pocket. Then you are left with PATG. I believe this season the ticket price for a St Johnstone home game is £25 quid. For the happy clapping diehards they’ll pay anything, they don’t care. What if you want try and get a friend to join you who doesn’t really go to games? “Alright mate - do you fancy getting the bus to the outskirts of town to sit in a dull, cold stadium that’s half empty? It’s £25 quid to get in.” Good luck with that one. You might snare someone who doesn’t know any better but there’s a good chance they won’t be back.

People think the MLS is w**k but if there’s one thing they get right it’s how to make a football game an event and create a festival like atmosphere. Stadiums have beer halls and food courts. They are vibrant, colourful and there’s an atmosphere. The Australian A League is similar. There’s more reason to make the journey to the stadium, there’s more to do for the fair weather fan.

Aye. I should clarify that the £117 is for the 3 match package, so £39 per match, which is still incredibly expensive. I just wasn't sure if you picked it up as though £117 was for a single match haha.

And I agree on your other points - we don't really get an experience for the money we put in. We turn up, grab something to eat, watch the game and leave. Nothing fancy at all.

18 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Thank f**k you're stuck on an island for the foreseeable. 

35 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

The season ticket is to guarantee you get your preferred seat though. You should be out of pocket if you miss some games as you're preventing someone else sitting there.

Thank f**k you're stuck on an island for the foreseeable. 

I’m back, baby.

The season ticket is to guarantee you get your preferred seat though. You should be out of pocket if you miss some games as you're preventing someone else sitting there.

This really isn’t an issue for clubs that haven’t got big supports as you can pretty much sit anywhere you like. There aren’t exactly any desirable seats at these grounds where folk are choking to sit.

Surprised to see [mention=19616]jamamafegan[/mention] complaining about pricing and making excuses for fans not attending tbh.
Doesn't even know the entry price for the team he supports.

I checked the Saints website the other day and it said £25 quid. To be fair, the wording suggested that might have been for the European games. I’ve checked again right now and there’s no information.

IMG_6559.jpg

39 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I checked the Saints website the other day and it said £25 quid. To be fair, the wording suggested that might have been for the European games. I’ve checked again right now and there’s no information.

IMG_6559.jpg

Think United were charged £25 for the Main then £24 for the North. 

Not a season ticket, but United charging £30 for the Derby and offering seats that are pretty much restricted view as dependent on the seat you can't see past the half way line is pretty atrocious.

Whilst I don't advocate a full on boycott, I'd hope we don't take them up on that offer and still sell our allocation out as that's outrageous and needs to be noted.

5 hours ago, AJF said:

Aye. I should clarify that the £117 is for the 3 match package, so £39 per match, which is still incredibly expensive. I just wasn't sure if you picked it up as though £117 was for a single match haha.

And I agree on your other points - we don't really get an experience for the money we put in. We turn up, grab something to eat, watch the game and leave. Nothing fancy at all.

From UEFA - Ticket prices for away fans will be capped at a maximum of €70 (Around £60.00) in the UEFA Champions League and €45 ( £38.50) in the UEFA Europa League, which represents the level of the lowest category ticket price of the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League finals respectively.

I suppose they had to go for that kind of price structure as the home support would not too happy if they were paying way more than the away support.

Like I hate crowd wanks and all that, so this is a genuine question and I'm aware it'll make me sound like a dick, but how much of that total for Motherwell is the free tickets they handed out?

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Like I hate crowd wanks and all that, so this is a genuine question and I'm aware it'll make me sound like a dick, but how much of that total for Motherwell is the free tickets they handed out?

Fair Q. I stated earlier in the thread that i thought it was around 3-400. That is based on 70000/300 = 250 + some free kids thrown in. 

Either way there in no doubt we have grown our Season ticket numbers over the past few years. 

If only all others in and around ML supported their local team….

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Do you mean the tickets for low income/unemployed? Or are you meaning ST holders from 20/21 who have had their cards renewed FOC for this season? Or do you mean the actual free tickets that go along with the adult ST purchased?

The breakdown for the first two is in the news story:

"Our season ticket total sits currently at 5,226, far exceeding our record number and with a further increase anticipated before our next home match with Aberdeen.

A total of 4,784 supporters purchased season tickets for the 2021/22 campaign, surpassing the previous record sales total of 4,488.

Of that number, 3,732 fans carried their tickets over from 2020/21, with 1,052 others purchasing new.

Our Well In scheme has further boosted that number, with our staff continuing to process applications with a view to reaching a total of 1,000 distributed free season tickets before our next home match with Aberdeen."

Link

Edited by capt_oats

Guest TheJTS98
18 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

What if you want try and get a friend to join you who doesn’t really go to games? “Alright mate - do you fancy getting the bus to the outskirts of town to sit in a dull, cold stadium that’s half empty? It’s £25 quid to get in.” Good luck with that one. You might snare someone who doesn’t know any better but there’s a good chance they won’t be back.

This is the issue for me.

I was actually talking about this very issue with a mate a couple of nights ago. We both used to live in Korea and went to watch football there a lot. Typically the price was a third-ish of Scottish Premiership prices.

Generally good stadiums with good views and affordable transport links. The average cost of a day at the fitba was buttons compared to going in Scotland. And you could invite along friends who weren't really into it and they'd come along because the price wasn't prohibitive and you can get a beer and make a day of it. I wouldn't dream of asking a non-fan to come and pay the thick end of thirty quid to see a Scottish Premiership game. I'd feel silly asking.

The Scottish league isn't hugely different in level to the K-League. Probably slightly better overall, but nowhere near as much in it as many will imagine. Certainly not a noticeable difference when you're just watching a game. But the jump in price is incredible.

That said, Hearts, for example, will argue that attendances in recent years relative to capacity have been good, so they will feel justified in charging what they do. But I think when it comes to away fans especially more should be done to encourage a crowd along.

Edited by TheJTS98

16 hours ago, Lothiangamer said:

From UEFA - Ticket prices for away fans will be capped at a maximum of €70 (Around £60.00) in the UEFA Champions League and €45 ( £38.50) in the UEFA Europa League, which represents the level of the lowest category ticket price of the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League finals respectively.

I suppose they had to go for that kind of price structure as the home support would not too happy if they were paying way more than the away support.

That last paragraph doesn’t make any sense.