Most famous person you've ever met

scottsdad

11 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I was thinking more of some old alkie clutching the can for dear life.

Talking of which, my teetotalism took a slight detour recently. Just a glass of wine one night and cocktail another.

50 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Talking of which, my teetotalism took a slight detour recently. Just a glass of wine one night and cocktail another.

Well I'm glad you did it before I kidded you on about it.

When I say glad, I don't mean glad as such. Just glad I won't get the blame. Which is all I really ask for in life.

I once had an assignation with a double Oscar-winning actress. 

Spoiler

Glenda Jackson.  And when I say assignation, I mean a brief encounter to discuss a matter concerning one of her constituents. And not in the glamorous ambience of Hollywood, but in a council flat in her constituency of Hampstead and Highgate.

I once met a Nobel prize winner (a top notch proper one, none of the books or peace crap); almost staggered into a prime minister in Tesco; a few musos and footballers of note; ultimately the most famous (and my mum does have the photo framed as a permanent reminder) was Nadia Almada from big brother fame, in las America.

Have "met" at or after various gigs members of Happylife, A, Avril Lavigne, Trivium, Kill Hannah, Bullet For My Valentine, Theatres Des Vampires, Funeral For A Friend, Escape The Fate, Keane, The Blackout, ME, Evanescence, Within Temptation, Mindless Self Indulgence, The Dirty Youth, Maplerun, RSJ, American Head Charge, MT, Lacuna Coil, 5 members of Slipknot, The Defiled, Dorje, InMe, Fall Out Boy, Cradle Of Filth, Yashin, Crossfaith, Skindred, New Years Day, Like A Storm, The Qemists, Altered Sky, Beyond Recall, Genus Ordinis Dei, Forever Still, Sarah Walks, Space, Waterparks, Autumn Ruins, Witterquick, Any Given Day, Bury Tomorrow, In Death, Liv Sin, Neck Deep, Fear Me December, Ego Kill Talent, Fever 333, Crystal Lake, 36 Crazyfists, Travis, Roe, Shvpes, Combichrist, Soil, Machine Head, Defying Decay, Skold, Hot Milk, Phem, Nekrogoblikon, Beartooth, Sick'N'Beautiful, Wednesday 13, Jeanice Lee.

Highlights/TL:DR - Avril Lavigne is nice and very small. 
Corey Taylor from Slipknot likes Irn Bru.

Footballer wise, various MFC players at Player Of The Year dances and open days. I served slush to Stephen Craigan when he was with his family. And spoke to Stephen Robinson (whilst he was still M/Well manager) at Motherwell train station.

Also at a book signing, Michael Palin said "Ni" to me.

8 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

Have "met" at or after various gigs members of Happylife, A, Avril Lavigne, Trivium, Kill Hannah, Bullet For My Valentine, Theatres Des Vampires, Funeral For A Friend, Escape The Fate, Keane, The Blackout, ME, Evanescence, Within Temptation, Mindless Self Indulgence, The Dirty Youth, Maplerun, RSJ, American Head Charge, MT, Lacuna Coil, 5 members of Slipknot, The Defiled, Dorje, InMe, Fall Out Boy, Cradle Of Filth, Yashin, Crossfaith, Skindred, New Years Day, Like A Storm, The Qemists, Altered Sky, Beyond Recall, Genus Ordinis Dei, Forever Still, Sarah Walks, Space, Waterparks, Autumn Ruins, Witterquick, Any Given Day, Bury Tomorrow, In Death, Liv Sin, Neck Deep, Fear Me December, Ego Kill Talent, Fever 333, Crystal Lake, 36 Crazyfists, Travis, Roe, Shvpes, Combichrist, Soil, Machine Head, Defying Decay, Skold, Hot Milk, Phem, Nekrogoblikon, Beartooth, Sick'N'Beautiful, Wednesday 13, Jeanice Lee.

Highlights/TL:DR - Avril Lavigne is nice and very small. 
Corey Taylor from Slipknot likes Irn Bru.

Footballer wise, various MFC players at Player Of The Year dances and open days. I served slush to Stephen Craigan when he was with his family. And spoke to Stephen Robinson (whilst he was still M/Well manager) at Motherwell train station.

Also at a book signing, Michael Palin said "Ni" to me.

What have you got against music? 

I met loads of famous people years ago due to working for a long time Tenerife, been pissed with Ricky Hatton, danced with Jimmy White who had some white stuff on his cheek, had a drink with Edwin Van der Sar, Keith Gillespie, Billy McNeill, Joe Royle, Tony Hadley, Errol Brown, Limahl, Roy Makaay, Gary Stevens, Rick Wakeman, Roy Chubby Brown, Mick Miller, a lot more ex Scottish football players and Daniel O' fucking Donnell.

Also sat and chatted with Gary and Wayne Lineker, Nigel Benn and the whole of Showaddywaddy amongst others.

But much as I've not used FB in a long time my profile pic is me, the Mrs, Bob Mortimer, Paul Whitehouse and Charlie Higson.

You can't beat meeting Bob. (It was for about 5 mins).

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

I met loads of famous people years ago due to working for a long time Tenerife, been pissed with Ricky Hatton, danced with Jimmy White who had some white stuff on his cheek, had a drink with Edwin Van der Sar, Keith Gillespie, Billy McNeill, Joe Royle, Tony Hadley, Errol Brown, Limahl, Roy Makaay, Gary Stevens, Rick Wakeman, Roy Chubby Brown, Mick Miller, a lot more ex Scottish football players and Daniel O' fucking Donnell.

Also sat and chatted with Gary and Wayne Lineker, Nigel Benn and the whole of Showaddywaddy amongst others.

But much as I've not used FB in a long time my profile pic is me, the Mrs, Bob Mortimer, Paul Whitehouse and Charlie Higson.

0_Does-Bob-Mortimer-perform-his-own-dent

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

IMG_6112.gif