Most famous person you've ever met

scottsdad

On 18/07/2023 at 21:38, AnderooMFC said:

Have "met" at or after various gigs members of Happylife, A, Avril Lavigne, Trivium, Kill Hannah, Bullet For My Valentine, Theatres Des Vampires, Funeral For A Friend, Escape The Fate, Keane, The Blackout, ME, Evanescence, Within Temptation, Mindless Self Indulgence, The Dirty Youth, Maplerun, RSJ, American Head Charge, MT, Lacuna Coil, 5 members of Slipknot, The Defiled, Dorje, InMe, Fall Out Boy, Cradle Of Filth, Yashin, Crossfaith, Skindred, New Years Day, Like A Storm, The Qemists, Altered Sky, Beyond Recall, Genus Ordinis Dei, Forever Still, Sarah Walks, Space, Waterparks, Autumn Ruins, Witterquick, Any Given Day, Bury Tomorrow, In Death, Liv Sin, Neck Deep, Fear Me December, Ego Kill Talent, Fever 333, Crystal Lake, 36 Crazyfists, Travis, Roe, Shvpes, Combichrist, Soil, Machine Head, Defying Decay, Skold, Hot Milk, Phem, Nekrogoblikon, Beartooth, Sick'N'Beautiful, Wednesday 13, Jeanice Lee.

Highlights/TL:DR - Avril Lavigne is nice and very small. 
Corey Taylor from Slipknot likes Irn Bru.

Footballer wise, various MFC players at Player Of The Year dances and open days. I served slush to Stephen Craigan when he was with his family. And spoke to Stephen Robinson (whilst he was still M/Well manager) at Motherwell train station.

Also at a book signing, Michael Palin said "Ni" to me.

Is your dad Billy Sloan?

40 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

In their dressing room at the Ayr Gaiety.

Spit Roast Sunday?

As an aside my mate Gavin from Elgin who now lives in Australia and has a very successful life and I’m not jealous in anyway about how that turned out, was in some way related to the Krankies.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkay

Had to go to the local tennis club near my work for an hour there. One of the pros came up to me and said in pigeon English that they had a special guest who he wanted to point out. It was Dennis Wise (Wobbly Eyes). He thought I was English tbf but looked amazed when I was so underwhelmed by him.

15 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Is your dad Billy Sloan?

I had to google him, no. I've just been going to gigs for over 21 years and have no life so I turn up early and meet them going in or hang around after and ambush them on the way to the bus. Or pay for meet and greet, but that was only for Slipknot and Escape The Fate so far. Though I have got m&g for Waterparks and Against The Current later this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Most famous person I met today is Duncan Ferguson who is on my flight back to Manchester from Anatalya.

We are taking off in 10 mins and so far he has not got drunk or attacked anybody.

Could be some flight.

2 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

Most famous person I met today is Duncan Ferguson who is on my flight back to Manchester from Anatalya.

We are taking off in 10 mins and so far he has not got drunk or attacked anybody.

Could be some flight.

Buy him a pint and invite him to relive his 'Rocky' days. (The former pub in Dundee, not the fictional boxer.)

Gold medal winning runner Lachie Stewart presented me with a signed (league cup winning) Partick Thistle ball that I won in a raffle. Despite best intentions of keeping it good I played street football with it a couple of days later.

Rory Bremner, really decent and funny guy

Sandy Tosvig(horrible wee fucker)

Footballers/managers;

Davie Moyes(was at school with him)

Alex Ferguson(Gent)Ally McCoist,(seemed a decent enough guy) Alan McGregor(thicker than thick Jack McThick from Thick Street), Walter Smith(Gent), Kyle Lafferty(surprisingly amiable), Grant Hanley(decent), Lyndon Dykes(decent), Ryan Christie(arsehole). Pat McGinlay(lovely guy and the only one I asked to have a photo with.) Most of these encounters were brief so their decent/arsehole behaviour scores may have  been hastily formed however McGregor's will forever be accurate.

My Uncle was best pals with Peter O'Toole though I never met him. My mum said he was an arsehole(but not in those words)

1 hour ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Ryan Christie(arsehole). 

Bit surprised by that (not just saying that as a caley fan),  he seemed the sort not to get too big for hit boots 

I’ve met Mick Mccarthy, got his autograph when he was playing at the golf course I was a member at. Seemed sound enough in the 30 secs I spoke to him

I went to uni at Heriot Watt and Hearts trained there (still do I think) and wouldn’t say I “met him” but Callum Paterson genuinely looks about 8 foot tall in person up close 

Not really met anyone else that I can remember, my sister used to work for Sainsburys and she served Darren Fletcher…and had no idea who he was :lol:

4 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Jim Kerr, the singer from Simple Minds, not the former Hamilton Accies, Falkirk and Stirling Albion defender, although I've also met him too.

So you didn’t forget about him?