Most famous person you've ever met

scottsdad

On 24/01/2024 at 16:57, Hedgecutter said:

This reminds me that I've been in Stephen Hendry's house before, including his snooker training room.  Somewhat awkwardly though, I've never met Stephen Hendry.

^^^ Famous People You've Cuckolded thread for this pish

On 26/01/2024 at 09:22, Peil said:

My missus thinks it's hilarious that every Scotsman she's ever met is convinced they can do a decent Sean Connery impersonation

Not just Scots. Every man over forty in England and America will also attempt the Connery when the name is mentioned. It's the law.

I'd like to think that it's the same in Japan, Nigeria, and Venezuela; this needs to be confirmed.

14 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I was on the television with Boris Johnson during the pandemic. The video is on YouTube. 

I thought you'd be younger.

I don't think I've met many famous people. Engaged with quite a lot of politicians through work, but that doesn't count.

I met Billy Connolly and Robbie Coltrane quite a few times, but that was because a family friend travelled in showbiz circles, so again probably doesn't count.

I think the closest I get is that I have a photo of myself with my arms around Richard Whitely and Jo Guest after we got drunk in Edinburgh. Whitely was a gent and wouldn't let anyone else pay. One of the few celebrities that caused me to be genuinely very saddened  when they died.