Most famous person you've ever met

scottsdad

4 hours ago, printer said:

Great tits though?

Fake tits. 

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

A tenner says you were desperate to get in her room when she left.

When she first came into the bar she looked rough as f**k. She then went up to her room and applied 27 tonnes of make up for her 'appearance' and she did look half decent. Awful human though. 

On 23/01/2024 at 00:40, TxRover said:

Gary Sinise. His foundation partners with American Airlines yearly to operate flights for hundreds of children of deceased service people to gather in a place like Disney for few days away from the harsh realities of the world. Really genuine guy, quite soft spoken and very committed to supporting veterans and their families/survivors.

Gary So-nice.

On 23/01/2024 at 21:20, Hedgecutter said:

I once gave a tour to the then-serving MP (& former secretary of state) Robin Cook.  He died the next day.

Was there a steward's inquiry into your dead pool points? 

Edited by tamthebam

On 23/01/2024 at 11:17, Peil said:

Worked at the BBC a couple of times in late 90's and again in early 2000's

Met quite a few, Sean Connery was a very nice guy, Robert Plant likewise.  In fact I don't think I can think of any who were actually arseholes.

Stupidest effort was one Friday night in Hubbard's. I was rather pished and started talking to some wee lassie at the Jukebox.  Didn't get anywhere and didn't think much of it till the following Monday when i was dug up for trying to chat up Gail Porter.
I'd no idea who she was, even then, as I wasn't watching weans TV on a weekend morning.

Also met Connery, in a bar after a round of golf in Spain, had a double take and then thought to myself if I didn't say it then I'd always regret it for the rest of my life and said "I take it that's shaken, not shtirred" he's slowly turned around with a half smile and said "f**k offfff" 

Mates brother pumped Gail Porter (apparently) pre-bald as well. 

One of my mates winched Michelle McManus on a night out and we never let him forget it. 

Edited by thistledo

34 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Also met Connery, in a bar after a round of golf in Spain, had a double take and then thought to myself if I didn't say it then I'd always regret it for the rest of my life and said "I take it that's shaken, not shtirred" he's slowly turned around with a half smile and said "f**k offfff" 

Mates brother pumped Gail Porter (apparently) pre-bald as well. 

One of my mates winched Michelle McManus on a night out and we never let him forget it. 

My missus thinks it's hilarious that every Scotsman she's ever met is convinced they can do a decent Sean Connery impersonation

2 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

David Bowie. In London. I was a bit hungover and didn’t recognise him at first. Shorter than I had imagined. Beautifully dressed. He was supervising a minion humphing expensive looking luggage into a blacked out limo (not a euphemism).

Ziggy Stardust and the Minions from Mars  ?

13 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

David Bowie. In London. I was a bit hungover and didn’t recognise him at first. Shorter than I had imagined. Beautifully dressed. He was supervising a minion humphing expensive looking luggage into a blacked out limo (not a euphemism).

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Once saw Snoop Dog smoking a joint in the doorway of his tour bus at The Raddison in Glasgow. Also saw the Bayern Team and various WWE wrestlers outside when they were in Glasgow 

Seeing them isn't the same as meeting them. Both disqualified.

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Seeing them isn't the same as meeting them. Both disqualified.

We had a conversation. I doubt it lingered long in his memory.

scene: Belgravia, mid 90s. Outside a very fancy hotel.

Me: f**k. It’s David Bowie.

Bowie looks over. Hears Scottish accent. Smiles in a resigned manner.

My pal: you look the way we feel, David. You had a few last night as well?

Bowie: no lads, this is as good as it for me these days, then sort of chuckled.

Further pleasantries exchanged and we went on our way. Think me and my pal were going for a few beers in Soho after that so keen to be on our way.

Not exactly Peter Ustinov meets Bertrand Russell but there you go.