Improving the current Strikers

Gordopolis

I've kind of get that free role to just roam and get on the ball. I think I've seen a lot more of the ball than I have previously. I'm really enjoying it and I know the lads are and I'm sure sooner or later it will click. I think it's (his season) been up and down. I've not scored as many goals and I think when you're not scoring goals as a striker everything else gets looked at.

I think my overall play's been good, but the goal part needs to improve. I always take ownership when I miss chances. It's down to me to put them away. I keep telling the boys to keep creating chances for me and I will eventually put them away.

Kevin Nisbet

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/kevin-nisbet-insists-hibs-vs-22943967

Haven't watched much of Hibs, only highlights - but from what I have seen he does still seem to be doing okay other than hitting the back of the net to be fair. I'm still optimistic he'll go on to have a memorable season.

• 2 weeks later...

Performance School graduate striker Rory MacLeod made his debut for Dundee United on Wednesday night there aged 16 years & 6 days - Utd's youngest ever player.

Obviously really early days and he only played the last few minutes, but good to see another PS graduate - especially a fwd - coming through.

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

Performance School graduate striker Rory MacLeod made his debut for Dundee United on Wednesday night there aged 16 years & 6 days - Utd's youngest ever player.

Obviously really early days and he only played the last few minutes, but good to see another PS graduate - especially a fwd - coming through.

What's this overly cautious pish? Needs to start against Ukraine.

• 2 weeks later...

Not better than Adams or Dykes, but we need a 3rd striker, Bruce Anderson in fine form. There were similar shouts for Watt at the last break. Currently the best striker in the league for G/A per 90 this season. He’s a true poacher, with the majority of his goals coming from within the 6 yard box, something different to dykes and adams I’d say. Start the rumours now

14 hours ago, Menga Bus said:

Not better than Adams or Dykes, but we need a 3rd striker, Bruce Anderson in fine form. There were similar shouts for Watt at the last break. Currently the best striker in the league for G/A per 90 this season. He’s a true poacher, with the majority of his goals coming from within the 6 yard box, something different to dykes and adams I’d say. Start the rumours now

Would you be suggesting Bruce Anderson if he was playing for Dundee United?

I'm not against him being called up or involved in the discussion. I'd be surprised if he was called up for the March games, I think he can be filed under wait a bit longer and possibly Nations League. 😄 We will have about 3 teams of players for the Nations League campaign lol. 

Does Siriki Dembele qualify for Scotland in any way? Don’t know if it’s been mentioned before about him but he seems to be doing well for a Bournemouth team most likely to be in the prem again next season. Another attacking option but I’d be lying if I said I’ve seen him play often enough to have a judgement on him 

Yes, he is eligible. He lived in Scotland from 8 years old to when he was 18/19 and he went down south to start his career down there. His family still live in Glasgow

He did however state a couple of weeks ago that he was leaning towards Ivory Coast as his preferred choice.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/19896737.siriki-dembele-not-made-decision-international-allegiance/

Given our lack of depth up top, he definitely isn't any worse than the likes of Nisbet and Brown. He is pretty rapid and anytime I have seen him, he likes to dribble and take players on. Think he was mostly used wide of a front three at Peterborough. 

If he continues form for Bournemouth and actually wants to play for us, then I would have no problem with Clarke calling him up to see what he can do for us.

On 06/09/2021 at 14:44, Ken Deans said:

It's depressing to look at our current options and remember the optimism when Che Adams threw his lot in with us. 

Why it hasn't worked ? We are adept at playing ponderous rubbish all over the park. When chances do come they're usually half chances and get snatched at by forwards who don't see enough of the ball. 

Prediction is that Leigh Griffiths gets goals for Dundee and gets back in the squad. By far our best option up front.

Some post