VAR in Scottish Football

VAR in Scottish Football  

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

With their own eyes, not with someone else's eyes? What a fanny.

Tell me how do you see footage with someone else's eyes? It seems in this absolute meltdown you are having, you are failing to grasp even simple concepts.

Take step back, perhaps consider putting me on ignore, because throwing your toys out of the pram then going on a tear stained insulting rampage is not a good look.

Edited by Ric

15 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I have no idea what you're talking about now to be honest. Football matches at any sort of decent level have not finished at 4:45 at any point this century, it is rare not to have at least 3 minutes stoppage time in the second half (often 4 or 5 now), and you sometimes get 1 in the first half too. Maybe at League 1 level and below the odd game will finish then due to it kicking off early (like the Pars game last week which was about 2:58) or having a shortened half-time, but that has not happened in the Premiership.

A game finishing 1 hour and 59 minutes after it kicked off cannot be described as "15 minutes late" under any sensible interpretation. Even compared to a dull 0-0 with no incident I'd see it as being at most 10 minutes "late". For a non-VAR game with two penalties, one retaken and 7 goals you'd probably be a lot less than that.

I've just checked Killie's last 5 pre-VAR games to see when we've tweeted the full-time score, and the times were:

1 hour 53 minutes
1 hour 52 minutes
1 hour 55 minutes
1 hour 51 minutes
1 hour 52 minutes

Today's was 1 hour 56 minutes, so an extra 3-5 minutes, albeit without any major VAR decisions.

Just to prove your point, I was at the Montrose v Dunfermline match yesterday and it finished at 4.55.

Just now, Ric said:

Tell me how do you see footage with someone else's eyes? It seems like your in this absolute meltdown you are having, you are failing to grasp even simple concepts.

Take step back, perhaps consider putting me on ignore, because throwing your toys out of the pram then going on a tear stained insulting rampage is not a good look.

No problem, consider it done.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

And before all that, I simply don’t believe that refereeing decisions have materially impacted trophies won and league positions over an extended period of time. I can’t prove that of course, it’s purely speculative but I certainly don’t think aberdeens fortunes have been determined by referees. 

That can't be right. For the last 36 seasons referees have been anti-Celtic and anti-Rangers and between them they've only won the league title 36 times. 

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

He is right though.

That we have 2 players who cheat every single week?

That's not true. 

You are normally better than that David.

Disappointed 

Edited by Leith Green

57 minutes ago, ropy said:

Watching the Hearts game highlights.  Hearts first penalty was not called by the ref, then a VAR decision was made once the ball was out of play. Hearts second penalty saw the ball rebound out the park and the ref made the decision. Would the game have continued if the ball was still in play? 

No, because the referee had given the penalty. Game stops.

56 minutes ago, ropy said:

Also in the Hearts game, the Ralston goal was ruled out because of an earlier infringement.  What was the VAR involvement that held the game up for a further minute?

I didn't understand this one either. Because the referee blew his whistle before the ball crossed the line a goal couldn't be given. They may been checking for a penalty. 

54 minutes ago, ropy said:

Final one on the Hearts game, the penalty was retaken because of the Hearts player’s encroachment, not the Celtic players.  If Hearts hadn’t encroached the rebounded goal would have been awarded (it wasn’t offside).  Is that correct?

Pretty sure that you're right.

4 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

That we have 2 players who cheat every single week?

That's not true. 

You are normally better than that David.

Disappointed 

You're not normally as thin skinned. 

Devastated.

Haud oan a minute. Are you Leith Green Willie?

Edited by kingjoey

5 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Haha some of the things I've seen on twitter over the weekend have been hilarious.

The massive anti-Celtic agenda of the referees/SFA/UEFA must be absolutely inept since theyve won about 80% of the trophies on offer over the past 6 or 7 years.

19 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

No, because the referee had given the penalty. Game stops.

My query was more, did he give the penalty because the ball had gone put, would he have left it to VAR if the ball had stayed in play, that seems to be what he did the first time round.

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I haven't seen any of the VAR incidents (apart from the St Mirren one on this thread), would any of the scores been different without it?

Aberdeen and Motherwell would have drawn and Livi may well have won at Ibrox.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Taking any conspiracy and football leanings out of the equation, were the decisions correct?

All of the decisions at ER appeared to be correct.

Obvs all goals are checked for fouls, but only real decision were a Boyle dive, and a tight offside against us at the end. Both seemed correct to me.

The dive was picked up by the ref anyway so the only "VAR" one of note was the offside.

Time delays at goals were ok.