Moldova v Scotland

Sugar_Army

17 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

So many players top of their game tonight - Gordon, Tierney, Cooper, McGinn, Gilmour Patterson, Armstrong - deserve special mention. Yes, it was Moldova but we rarely have those types of performances against small/poorer teams away from home. 

But again a good performance which followed a pretty poor performance against Faroes. Which was preceded by a great second half against Israel following a shite first half. Preceded by a great performance overall against Austria, preceded by a patchy home performance against Moldova. 

If Clarke can just find some some consistency to ensure performances match results we will be looking not to shabby!

Armstrong ?

18 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

To have any realistic chance I suspect we will not only have to be seeded, but also to play the Final at Hampden. However it is nice to enter a World Cup calendar year still involved in the competition for the first time since 1998.

Gibberish!

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I would have had Patterson down as a potential man of the match prior to giving away the penalty. The booking was most likely deliberate to clear himself for the play-offs.

Pretty much where I was (MoM) before the penalty.

The booking was not deliberate though. It was a reaction tackle - dare I say inexperienced?

Either way, his development will be massively improved by those eventful 90 minutes - far better than the last month sitting on his arse on the Ibrox subs bench.

Good overall performance, all contributed.  I thought McGregor was really good controlling the tempo.

Personally I'd rest any of the key guys on a booking.  You want to be seeded, but I'd rather play Serbia away with McGinn, Gilmour and Robertson than the Czechs at home without them

For all that people complain about his lack of club game time, you have to say now that Patterson has been a very important player for us in this campaign.

He set up the only goal against Moldova at Hampden, iirc set up the winner in the Faroes, and I think tonight would have been a good bit edgier if he wasn't turning up on the right flank as opposed to us just attacking from the left. 

I think he'll eventually take over the right back position at Rangers, but bigger clubs will be interested in a 20 year old established international in any case.

6 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

For all that people complain about his lack of club game time, you have to say now that Patterson has been a very important player for us in this campaign.

He set up the only goal against Moldova at Hampden, iirc set up the winner in the Faroes, and I think tonight would have been a good bit edgier if he wasn't turning up on the right flank as opposed to us just attacking from the left. 

I think he'll eventually take over the right back position at Rangers, but bigger clubs will be interested in a 20 year old established international in any case.

Three assists for Nathan then ?

10 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

Maybe he will get more game time when he signs for Aston Villa in January (been a few years since they had a rampaging Scottish right back)