Arbroath vs Pars

19 minutes ago, smpar said:

Be some laugh if we take Dick Campbell.

I’m not just saying this as it would be crap for us if it happened, but I don’t think Campbell would be a good appointment for you lot. Yes, he would steady the ship and comfortably keep you up, but he couldn’t seriously be looked at as a long term solution.

A better bet for you would be Petrie, although I have my doubts that he would leave  Montrose at the moment, or John Robertson. I also see Petrie as a possible successor to Campbell at Gayfield once he hangs his bunnet up.

Also, all Dick Campbell’s success as a manger has been with part-time teams, he seems to thrive in that environment. He would also need his brother and I believe he has a successful business to run away from football so can’t really see it.

25 minutes ago, mo83 said:

"Possible successor" Oh aye he is just waiting for Dick to leave to go to Gayfield...🤣🤣🤣

😆😆 Should have added “as long as we’re higher up the food chain than Montrose”. He’s obviously doing a great job for you and don’t think he would go to another part-time team the way things are at the moment.

40 minutes ago, mo83 said:

"Possible successor" Oh aye he is just waiting for Dick to leave to go to Gayfield...🤣🤣🤣

This could well come back and bite you right in the arse 😊

Besides I think we're doing ok just now thanks. 

3 hours ago, mo83 said:

If he wants to stay as a part time manager coming to the biggest and best part time club in the land would be the next logical step. 

DC isn’t going anywhere 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If he wants to stay as a part time manager coming to the biggest and best part time club in the land would be the next logical step. 

DC isn’t going anywhere 

Fully agree DC ain't going anywhere can still see him at Arbroath in 5 years time.Where SP will be in 5 years  time I'm not too sure hopefully still with the Mo.

45 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Fully agree DC ain't going anywhere can still see him at Arbroath in 5 years time.Where SP will be in 5 years  time I'm not too sure hopefully still with the Mo.

I was just trying to wind you up to be honest 😂 

I’ve no idea what will happen but I fully trust our board to secure a good replacement for DC whenever he decides to hang up the bunnet. We’ve got a good group in the board room

26 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I was just trying to wind you up to be honest 😂 

I’ve no idea what will happen but I fully trust our board to secure a good replacement for DC whenever he decides to hang up the bunnet. We’ve got a good group in the board room

To be quite honest SP rightly gets the praise he deserves but DC son Ross Campbell is right up their too he knows his stuff.