Arbroath vs Pars

27 minutes ago, Lichtielegend said:

Something about a goalkeeper being the manager that doesn't quite sit right for me.

Tommy Wright was a keeper.

Rab Douglas is a nonsense suggestion mind, but not because he was a goalie.

Tommy Wright was a keeper.
Rab Douglas is a nonsense suggestion mind, but not because he was a goalie.

Not sure how’s it’s a nonsense suggestion. Rab has been at the club just about as long as Dick, and definitely plays a bigger role than your average goalkeeping coach.

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

Not sure how’s it’s a nonsense suggestion. Rab has been at the club just about as long as Dick, and definitely plays a bigger role than your average goalkeeping coach.

Are you genuinely claiming that Rab Douglas as Dunfermline manager is not a nonsense suggestion? 

Noooooo. Hands off, he’s ours.
I meant to replace the Campbell’s when they decide to pack it in. He has a hands on role already, no doubt he’s picked up a few pointers, has good contacts and I do like a bit of continuity.

Just watched the highlights for the first time there. Didn't realise it during the game (because it happened down the other end), but OFW made an absolute howler for the first and second. Right up there with his worst nonsense.

Some ropy defending at times too. Guys making simple errors, getting beaten too easily and not marking men (first and second goals again), as well as not closing players down quickly enough (second half, and this is in the highlights, Thomas just jogs towards an Arbroath player who has the ball near their corner flag, giving the player plenty of time to punt it; Thomas' effort wasn't lacking in the game; that's poor coaching). Some really poor stuff in possession too, with poor passing, losing the ball top easily (in the highlights, in the second half, Edwards has the ball in the Arbroath half and tries to find a pass before turning right in trouble and getting bundled off the ball and to the ground) and some players not particularly willing to hold on to the ball.

I saw the penalty fine at the time and was utterly bemused as to what Dow was doing. Highlights just reinforce that. 

O'Hara took his goals well.

30 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Dunfermline goalkeeper could be blamed for first three goals. I thought Bobby's was in the top corner and whilst it was a good strike it was in the middle of the goals.

Tbf. Absolute Rocket plus low sun in eyes plus a wee bit of wind