Normal Island

26 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

^^^^ If you turn that frying pan clockwise through 90 deg. it looks like Taz, the Tasmanian Devil.

(My eyes are not great, it has to be said......)

17 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Nigel is clearly fucking mental.

It's obviously a sitting Buddha.

Or Jimmy Hill.

Well Done to you both.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

It's appropriate that someone who could see Are Britain in a steak would have England and Wales absolutely massive in comparison to Scotland.

I was just thinking that claim is enough to turn me pro Indy. 

It is definitely the Buddha as mentioned above though. 

2 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

"Teesside dad-of-three cooks 'most patriotic steak ever' in shape of UK" 

1_Untitled-design-1.png

"Nigel, 54, said: "I've definitely bagged one of Britain's most patriotic steaks, I don't think anyone could beat that. I noticed the uncanny resemblance after cooking it for a few minutes on one side and then flipped it over.""

Read this breaking news story here

Magnet Solid W, RT, Vermeer, Woman Reading Letter - Museum-webshop

Obviously it's Clog Wearing non Brit Johannes Vermeer's Woman Reading a Letter Steak.

On 10/03/2022 at 11:53, Steve_Wilkos said:

"Teesside dad-of-three cooks 'most patriotic steak ever' in shape of UK" 

1_Untitled-design-1.png

"Nigel, 54, said: "I've definitely bagged one of Britain's most patriotic steaks, I don't think anyone could beat that. I noticed the uncanny resemblance after cooking it for a few minutes on one side and then flipped it over.""

Read this breaking news story here

"No.  We will not stand for this insult, Nigel.  The UK or more precisely the United Kingdom is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and as far as we can see there is no evidence of the latter in your photograph at all.  We have encountered this sort of appeasement before.  We will have none of your steak or your subterfuge against her majesty's loyal subjects over here.  Consider yourself unwelcome in our community.  Away with you.  Pineapple and cheddar cheese on a stick for us."

Statement from the DUP, March, 2022.

A few years ago, that Joseph Paul Watson roaster spent ages claiming the "War on Christmas" had arrived in Tesco, with Christmas cards renamed to "Charity cards", and not a mention of Christmas anywhere in the stores.

Presumably he was aiming at the American audience who wouldn't be able to check, as his Twitter account was inundated with:

• people pointing out that it was a single pack of cards with "Charity cards" printed on, and the cards inside used phrases like "Merry Christmas"
  • people pointing out that Tesco's stores were full of other cards that referred to Christmas
  • people pointing out that Tesco's stores were covered in Christmas decorations and references to Christmas in products and signage
  • hundreds of photos proving that all of the above was true.

9 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
3 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Jesus died on the cross for our right to eat chocolate in the shape of zygote carriers.

Is Jesus deid ? Must have missed it among all the Ukraine and Fuel cost stories. Who had him in the Deadpool ?

3 minutes ago, resk said:

The "supermarkets have banned the word Easter!" horseshit has been around for years.  Anyone who believes it is a slevvering moron.  

I think it's been debunked so hard, and so often, over such a long period of time, that the vast majority of people who believe it are doing so because they actually want it to be true.

We had a poster on here who believed that the phrase "Season's Greetings" was invented by South Ayrshire Council as part of the "War on Christmas". When it was pointed out by multiple posters that it was a commonly-used phrase going back to the writing of Charles Dickens, his answer was "I'd never heard of it 'til they started using it", so he's probably still seething when he goes past the council offices every December.