Normal Island

5 hours ago, Shotgun said:

One's probably their everyday runabout. For going to the shops, picking up the kids from school and so on. The other's kept nice for special occasions.

One is apparently really old and historic with no suspension which means it looks particularly impressive but it’s uncomfortable to actually use. A later monarch invested in a more comfortable but almost as extravagant version 

anybody whose wife has insisted that they need to buy not just new high heels but also new low heels for that wedding we’ve been invited to will be familiar with the logic

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

23 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

https://news.sky.com/video/kings-coronation-dedicated-royal-fans-camp-out-on-the-mall-12871228

Eejits have already started camping out to ensure a good spot to see their king going past. 

5 days before the event.

These will be the same fuckwits who queued for the best spots along the route of Diana's funeral, all the while blaming the evil Charles and Camilla for the death of their beloved Princess of Hearts. 

5 hours ago, Fullerene said:

What to do on Saturday.

1. Watch the coronation.
  2. Go to Tony Blair's 70th birthday party
  3. Go to Graeme Souness' 70 birthday party
  4. Celebrate the 66th anniversary of the Hindenburg Disaster.

I think I will go with option 4.

Hindenburg.jpg

Celebrate?

Wtf did the Hindenburg ever do to you?

1 hour ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Friends have just posted a picture on Facebook of their cabin.

I hope they hadn’t gone to try and get away from all the coronation celebrations! 😂

IMG_1094.jpeg

Wait until they see who is waiting in the bedroom for them.

72840453_2482537361859754_2677752465121607680_nJPG.jpg

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

One is apparently really old and historic with no suspension which means it looks particularly impressive but it’s uncomfortable to actually use. A later monarch invested in a more comfortable but almost as extravagant version 

anybody whose wife has insisted that they need to buy not just new high heels and new low heels for that wedding we’ve been invited to will be familiar with the logic

Couple of decent cushions to sit on would help with the bone shaker coach. 

5 hours ago, Shotgun said:

One's probably their everyday runabout. For going to the shops, picking up the kids from school and so on. The other's kept nice for special occasions.

Yeh the fancy one doesn't have air conditioning, feel sorry for them.

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

anybody whose wife has insisted that they need to buy not just new high heels and new low heels for that wedding we’ve been invited to will be familiar with the logic

Why not ditch the shite one then, like when David Cameron was flogging libraries and stuff why didn't someone stick their hand up and say "we have a shite old gold cart no one likes and we never use" It would have made a good episode of Flog It.

7 hours ago, Fullerene said:

What to do on Saturday.

1. Watch the coronation.
  2. Go to Tony Blair's 70th birthday party
  3. Go to Graeme Souness' 70 birthday party
  4. Celebrate the 66th anniversary of the Hindenburg Disaster.

I think I will go with option 4.

Hindenburg.jpg

1889 Eiffel Tower opens

1954 Roger Bannister breaks the 4 minute mile

1984 Channel tunnel opens

and if you’ve got a grudge against the Vatican…

1527 The Sacking of Rome by the Holy Roman Empire and the Spanish 

And if you’ve got an even more long-standing grudge against the Vatican…

St George’s day  in the orthodox calendar 

I'm sure most of the individuals involved are just decent human beings caught up in a ridiculous archaic institution by accident of birth, but come on to f**k, we are now into the 21st century. It's surely time to move forward. 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Why not ditch the shite one then, like when David Cameron was flogging libraries and stuff why didn't someone stick their hand up and say "we have a shite old gold cart no one likes and we never use" It would have made a good episode of Flog It.

Don't ask me it's not my coach

I'm more bothered about the shoes

'No one's sent an email or called - we haven't received anything': Late Queen's godson reveals no one has been in touch to apologise for not inviting him to the Coronation

70545191-12043571-image-a-44_16831470370

Have a read of this article. The forelock-tugging is in overdrive.

Long gone are the days of Downton Abbey when these old families rang a bell on a whim and the servants jumped. The Carnarvons are up at the crack of dawn and often work long past suppertime. You have to when you have 1,000 acres of parkland, and a further 4,500 of farmland, downland and woodland that are open to the public to stay on top of.

Not that they mind. Lord and Lady C are dedicated to Highclere. They are, they say, simply the stewards of this spectacular place. When the 7th Earl died in 2001, they set their minds as to how the estate could survive.

24 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

It's a Daily Mail article, FFS. I'm surprised it doesn't mention how being left on the aristocratic bench will affect the value of his house.

(it probably does, doesn't it?)

17 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Good to see the MET have finally lowered their tolerance threshold. Hopefully follow suit for the absolute wrong 'uns their organisation is rife with.

11k of them on duty for this so probably several hundred "bad apples" amongst their own rank and file. Probably more than any organised protest.