Normal Island

24 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Rank stupidity.

You attack the polis, you're getting stomped. Fair enough. But for the love of God wait until you get him in the cell with the broken camera. 

Just common sense.

Rank stupidity

5 hours ago, GordonS said:

This is why it's true to say ACAB. Because there were officers there who hadn't totally lost their shit and they should have stopped their colleague.

Not all cops are b*stards, but the ones that aren't do nothing to stop the ones that are. And it happens over and over and over again.

99 good cops and 1 bent one is 100 bent cops.

3 hours ago, Clangers said:

I have always been worried about that one, with the number of “images” on my work lap top of potential terrorist targets such as Houses of Parliament, Taj Mahal and Eiffel Tower curse these Microsoft screensavers.

Those would be interpreted though this handy tool:

image.png.de46afa15ef2fe885127fd99afd196c4.png

1 hour ago, throbber said:

i don’t think the polis are coming out of this looking particularly well.

Pepper spraying someone who is standing still a foot away from you seems like excessive use of force as was the boy who runs up to a guy standing about and starts going through his pockets without telling him why he is being searched or what they are looking for. 

I would imagine Manchester airport will have a few new coppers on the beat soon.

21 hours ago, Pocketman said:

Glen A Larceny at his best/worst. 

ETA - though this must have been a memorable yet short-lived routine for you as that show got cancelled after about half a dozen episodes.....

HE COULD TRANSFORM INTO A HAWK.

I think 'Cover Up' was on in the same slot.

53 minutes ago, 101 said:

Pepper spraying someone who is standing still a foot away from you seems like excessive use of force as was the boy who runs up to a guy standing about and starts going through his pockets without telling him why he is being searched or what they are looking for. 

I would imagine Manchester airport will have a few new coppers on the beat soon.

Unless it’s suspected terrorism then I can’t imagine a happy ending for the officers here. That guys got his hands up and he stil gets pepper sprayed. The ginger police office looks like she’s a bit concussed so I don’t doubt she was assaulted.

The story seems to be that security wanted to search the mother and the sons kicked off saying this was against their religion. 3 WPCs were first on the scene and the sons started throwing punches, breaking the nose of one WPC. The male officers arrived and white knighted the situation.  One story saying the lassie got her nose broken by the guy on the floor and the male cop was her boyfriend. Social media though so could all be shite. 

48 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

The story seems to be that security wanted to search the mother and the sons kicked off saying this was against their religion. 3 WPCs were first on the scene and the sons started throwing punches, breaking the nose of one WPC. The male officers arrived and white knighted the situation.  One story saying the lassie got her nose broken by the guy on the floor and the male cop was her boyfriend. Social media though so could all be shite. 

Surely police officers shouldn’t be working with their partners, seems like a conflict there? 

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

Surely police officers shouldn’t be working with their partners, seems like a conflict there? 

Seemed to work out OK on Brooklyn Nine-Nine

13 hours ago, Clangers said:

I have always been worried about that one, with the number of “images” on my work lap top of potential terrorist targets such as Houses of Parliament, Taj Mahal and Eiffel Tower curse these Microsoft screensavers.

The unusually high volume of photos I have of disused quarries and well-hidden body-sized holes in the ground will have me added to some form of police register.  Of that I have little doubt.

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

They did release a song called "Don't Stand So Close To Me".

That’s because the lead singer was getting aroused by a schoolgirl