Normal Island

9 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Woman in my local Greggs today who was in Adeje last week, and was incandescent that "there were nae posters up" 

The problem with posters is that you do not know what language the potential reader will understand.

You could use multiple languages on the poster but it would look like a sack of shite.

17 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

The problem with posters is that you do not know what language the potential reader will understand.

You could use multiple languages on the poster but it would look like a sack of shite.

Theres loads of posters on here and none of them helped one little bit. Useless. 

23 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Woman in my local Greggs today who was in Adeje last week, and was incandescent that "there were nae posters up" 

Posters saying what? "Dear Moroccan drug lords, please point us in the direction of Jay's remains"?

Very strange that there's been a large scale search with the dugs called in yet there's, quite literally, not been a single sniff of him. You'd think if he'd been wandering in the area that some trace evidence would be found. The other characters involved and on the periphery of it all seem shady as fcuk and evidently dark forces are at work. A decent chance that he'll never turn up. Fed to the fishes is my guess.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Aye, they get busy with too much text. I've told a few beggars in the town this. Less is more, short and punchy gets the message across.

Now it's time for all the freeloaders  family and friends to look out their walking boots and hydration packs, spend the go fund me money on hiring professional guides and rescue personnel  to get to the bottom of this mystery. I'm sure they will have more confidence in these experts than the local cops they were slagging so should be a good way to spend all the donations resting in the maws account.

On 27/06/2024 at 01:32, Fullerene said:

In the Pink Panther films the case is solved without anyone being killed, whereas Midsomer Murders has a murder rate higher than some war zones.

Not sure they send the police in if you shoot someone you're at war with tbh

5 minutes ago, milton75 said:

Not sure they send the police in if you shoot someone you're at war with tbh

No but ig upu look at the number of people who die in Midsomer Murders, Miss Marple or Murder She Wrote as a percentage of the population then you have to wonder why anyone would live there.

My favourite was Miss Marple's Caribbean Adventure, where at the end, despite a number of murders, she declares she had a marvellous time and they really must do it again.  With that sort of attitude, I would say "lock her up".

37 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

No but ig upu look at the number of people who die in Midsomer Murders, Miss Marple or Murder She Wrote as a percentage of the population then you have to wonder why anyone would live there.

My favourite was Miss Marple's Caribbean Adventure, where at the end, despite a number of murders, she declares she had a marvellous time and they really must do it again.  With that sort of attitude, I would say "lock her up".

Death In Paradise has the same vibe and murder rate. Beautiful location and laid back policing, but fcuk ever going there for your holidays. Better off taking your chances with drug lords in the mountains of the Canaries. 

15 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Surely a photo and 'Have You Seen this C***" in both English and Spanish would suffice?