Normal Island

21 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

MrBeast co-host quits after grooming allegations

Some headlines write themselves

Is that a daily mail link?

E.T.A I have no idea who Mr Beast is, but having seen his grimacing coupon on display af my local Spar he was going in the "people you dislike for no.proper reason" thread. I guess that's redundant now.

Edited by velo army

49 minutes ago, 101 said:

Head stomping on a tasered man ✅

Handcuffs ❎

Seems like ridiculously heavy handed policing, by the Manc lads.

GMP: “As the attending officers were firearms officers, there was a clear risk during this assault of their firearms being taken from them." 

This flimsy rationalisation is now available on the BBC: Police filmed kicking man's head at airport

If that's how they're going to justify it, it's a very small step to just shooting prone suspects in the head to be on the safe side.

The Manchester polis are saying that 3 officers were hospitalised during this incident,  the  video footage there doesn't show what happened previously. 

The police are meant to be trained in restraint techniques,   booting someone in the head who is already restrained is thuggish. 

That ginger wpc is nearly greeting. Releasing the CCTV footage would clear it all up.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Head stomping on a tasered man ✅

Handcuffs ❎

Seems like ridiculously heavy handed policing, by the Manc lads.

I think the police have a difficult job but that guy's out line. Would be interesting to see wider context but a head stamp like that kills.

undefined

I reckon it's entirely down to this guy that I never drowned in a boating pond, got fried on an electricity pylon, or got kidnapped by paedos.

Mrs Khaki actually met Stuart Hall, and reckons he didn't touch her up because she was a fat bairn.

14 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I think the police have a difficult job but that guy's out line. Would be interesting to see wider context but a head stamp like that kills.

1 hour ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

GMP: “As the attending officers were firearms officers, there was a clear risk during this assault of their firearms being taken from them." 

This flimsy rationalisation is now available on the BBC: Police filmed kicking man's head at airport

If that's how they're going to justify it, it's a very small step to just shooting prone suspects in the head to be on the safe side.

Aye obviously something bad has happened before but both the people in that video are either lying flat out or complainant and both got assaulted for their troubles the guy on the ground like you say could easily have been killed mental behaviour when I’m pretty sure that isn’t part of their training

I'm afraid that this, the war in Gaza and all other stories are currently playing second fiddle in the UK to 'contestants on a ballroom dancing show got bullied', which has being covered with a literal twenty fucking minute lead story right now. 

58 minutes ago, virginton said:

I'm afraid that this, the war in Gaza and all other stories are currently playing second fiddle in the UK to 'contestants on a ballroom dancing show got bullied', which has being covered with a literal twenty fucking minute lead story right now. 

Bread and circuses. It's what the people want.

3 hours ago, bennett said:

The Manchester polis are saying that 3 officers were hospitalised during this incident,  the  video footage there doesn't show what happened previously. 

The police are meant to be trained in restraint techniques,   booting someone in the head who is already restrained is thuggish. 

That ginger wpc is nearly greeting. Releasing the CCTV footage would clear it all up.

Officers being hospitalised could be anything from a headshot to a splinter. My money’s on two being pepper sprayed in the face by one of them holding the tin the wrong way round and the main guy with a bruise on his toe. 

Next up-unsubstantiated sources report that the police found “images” on the suspect’s phone. Or is it only the Met that do that one?

4 hours ago, bennett said:

Booting someone in the head is attempted murder.

Spoiler

FergusonMobile.jpg&nocache=1

41 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Officers being hospitalised could be anything from a headshot to a splinter. My money’s on two being pepper sprayed in the face by one of them holding the tin the wrong way round and the main guy with a bruise on his toe. 

Next up-unsubstantiated sources report that the police found “images” on the suspect’s phone. Or is it only the Met that do that one?

I have always been worried about that one, with the number of “images” on my work lap top of potential terrorist targets such as Houses of Parliament, Taj Mahal and Eiffel Tower curse these Microsoft screensavers.

1 minute ago, Clangers said:

I have always been worried about that one, with the number of “images” on my work lap top of potential terrorist targets such as Houses of Parliament, Taj Mahal and Eiffel Tower curse these Microsoft screensavers.

I don’t think that’s the kind of images he’s talking about…

Rank stupidity.

You attack the polis, you're getting stomped. Fair enough. But for the love of God wait until you get him in the cell with the broken camera. 

Just common sense.