Normal Island

1 minute ago, Silvio Tattiescone said:

The dedicated NHS tv channel would be a winner. A camera in a GP's surgery watching as Mr Miggins goes in to see about his piles that have been acting up whilst Mrs O'Glossop discusses her issues "down there". A million nosy old ladies would pay a subscription 

NHS After Dark, where free treatment at the point of delivery is predicated upon agreement that cameras will be present in all examination rooms.

We're saving the NHS, people.

1 hour ago, Silvio Tattiescone said:

The dedicated NHS tv channel would be a winner. A camera in a GP's surgery watching as Mr Miggins goes in to see about his piles that have been acting up whilst Mrs O'Glossop discusses her issues "down there". A million nosy old ladies would pay a subscription 

It would, of course, be a commercial channel with adverts for high fat and sugar convenience foods in between the heart ops and cancer diagnoses.. 

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

It would, of course, be a commercial channel with adverts for high fat and sugar convenience foods in between the heart ops and cancer diagnoses.. 

it’s still very amusing to me that I can buy fags, whisky and all manner of junk food in the chemists in America. 

This might not be the thread for it but I expect a few handbrake turns from hysterical rightoids if the acquital of the police officer who shot Chris Kaba dead provokes any sort of disorder - back to "string em all up and throw away the key" from "just a bunch of misguided young lads".

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

This might not be the thread for it but I expect a few handbrake turns from hysterical rightoids if the acquital of the police officer who shot Chris Kaba dead provokes any sort of disorder - back to "string em all up and throw away the key" from "just a bunch of misguided young lads".

Well, yeah. That really is the whole idea for them, isn't it. My guys can do what they like and you'd better put up with it, or else.

23 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

IMG_6240.thumb.png.0e2bbe8ed45fa44a3252382e7eb285a3.png

Imagine being told some of the worst news of your life to be interrupted by the noise of 100 £1 coins clattering out of the puggy 

I reckon it would just cause longer waiting times, as the nurses all hang about waiting for the machine to be full before scalping them

20 hours ago, ICTChris said:

A full thread of suggestions from the NHS for change site.  

Having spent a night in hospital last week, I can confirm the food was near enough inedible. Beer might well be the answer although in a room of four middle aged to elderly men, the number of nighttime trips to the loo would probably rule out any sleep.

20 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Found Stuart Dickson’s account

The nurses I saw last week were all thin but I am aware of morbidly obese nutritionists.