Squad for Moldova/Denmark

Donathan

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Delicious.

Seeing this a lot tbh. "Never seen him play but *insert players name here* is obviously better"

Hes a 1 in 3 goalscorer in the Championship who's apparently rapid, its surely not hard to see why Clarke has called him up after, presumably, watching him a few times this year.

He's a 1 in 8 goalscorer in his championship career.  And he's not even 1 in 3 this season.

I'm making no claims on his ability, cause if I've ever seen him play I'd be surprised

20 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Got to think Grant is just holding out a little bit longer, if West Brom go up and he hits a decent return in the #Barclays he could be in discussions for the England team.

Grant has hardly hit the heights in the EPL before think he got the same amount as McBurnie there last year,will obviously go and check that before you seethe back at me and reddy me again like a child 

20 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Got to think Grant is just holding out a little bit longer, if West Brom go up and he hits a decent return in the #Barclays he could be in discussions for the England team.

Grant has hardly hit the heights in the EPL before think he got the same amount as McBurnie there last year,will obviously go and check that before you seethe back at me and reddy me again like a child 

4 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Yes both Grant and McBurnie scored one goal in EPL last year,aye bet he thinks he will get picked by England one that form if WBA go up 

Sarcasm by the way

1 minute ago, Caledonian1 said:

Doesnt every team in the world need a goalscorer - it is the objective of the game after all.

Would you accept someone who is pacey but canna score?

We need both a goal scorer and pace happy we got Brown cos I never knew he could play for us and would have wanted him in anyway 

But we also have Sirki Dembele that is similar but hasn't been ever present scored as many though think he has 5 

Pace alongside Dykes in future should pay off well I reckon if we can find another target man to then great

I would love Sam Gallagher but that is just me don't see why he wouldn't want to come when Grant and Brown do

4 minutes ago, Binos said:

56 games 
9 goals for stoke 
Broon
Fucking woeful no way international level player 

Most off his games have been as a winger kind off like Ross McCormack when he got taken off out wide and put through the middle its only happened for Brown recently 

And McCormack done well in the championship when they did play him up front 

Let's hope Brown can do the same and do it for Scotland to becouse he looks good

46 minutes ago, monthefife said:

but he will have to be 'exceptionally good' to justify a call up to the Scotland squad. 

47 minutes ago, monthefife said:

I'd have had Tony Watt called up instead.   

tenor-64.gif.caf9fc05ea03bd68cd90cf16504adbe3.gif

27 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

21 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Yes both Grant and McBurnie scored one goal in EPL last year,aye bet he thinks he will get picked by England one that form if WBA go up 

Sarcasm by the way

Yes because historically players can never improve and go on to have better seasons than previous…

It only took us 3 years to finally get him involved.

On 14/08/2018 at 13:27, craigkillie said:

If we're going for three at the back then I'd rather have Fraser than Paterson at right wing-back.  I don't mind Paterson as a solid right-back in a four, but I don't think he works as well when he's asked to do it on his own down the flank.  I thought Fraser did well there against Hungary, and we'll hopefully be on the front foot in most of the Nations League games anyway.  I obviously have to admit to being extremely biased, but I'd also rather see O'Donnell start there ahead of Paterson.

We should also call-up Jacob Brown.

On 24/03/2019 at 10:46, craigkillie said:

The starting XI against Kazakhstan was the youngest Scotland team in 40 years. The average age was under 25 and the oldest player on the park was 27 year-old James Forrest.

It'll be even younger once we finally call up Jacob Brown.

On 20/02/2020 at 14:07, craigkillie said:

If we avoid drug cheats Russia (and preferably Turkey too) then there's no reason we can't look at getting promoted again.

Jacob Brown might be involved by then.

On 18/02/2021 at 18:34, craigkillie said:

All the games before the squad decision are important qualifiers, not opportunities to give folk a run out. Players are only going to break their way in if there's overwhelming evidence they'll improve things.

Jacob Brown is probably one of the ones who will break their way in soon.

Based entirely on what we've all been discovering about the guy this afternoon, it almost sounds like Brown would be a good foil for Dykes; a player who works well off a target man. 

Adams, as we have seen, is not the kind of guy who can do the hold-up work or lone striker work anywhere near as well as Dykes can. Denmark away was a pretty sobering case in point, so I'm concerned about how we go without Dykes. Maybe a front three would be worth a try. Adams on his own, or Adams as the 'target man' of a two, isn't going to get us much (depending, I suppose, on just how rank rotten Moldova are on the night) based on past experiences. It isn't his game, and him and Dykes work well together largely because Dykes does that sort of job.

If Brown is as speedy as is being made out, that's a handy addition to a squad that is limited in that respect especially in the forward areas. Fraser, when played as a forward, or Forrest, when fit and available, are more or less it. Oh and Christie, who is suspended of course. 

Everything else is as expected and it's silly the amount of folk who still ask about guys like Watt and Ralston, who obviously are not good enough, or Gauld, who the manager clearly doesn't fancy. Russel might have been worth a look and Clarke had him in a few early squads, but I have no idea what the current restrictions are for vaccinated and un-vaccinated US based players. 

It's entirely plausible he is not double jagged. Suppose same could be said of Gauld, but Clarke could have called him up whilst he was in Portugal if he was interested in checking the guy out. He didn't, so he isn't.