The Robert Jones Derby, Dumbarton vs Clyde

10 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Just noticed tou guys also signed Joshua Bradley-Hurst. Jesus... is he any good? We didn't even see him warm up never mind play in a match.

He’s a bit wee but he’s been perfectly fine in the games we’ve played him in. Neat and tidy on the ball.

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

In the summer Lennon signed two right backs, Monro and Mortimer. He doesn't trust either and prefers Cuddihy.

Lennon also signed three left backs, Livingston, Devaney and Docherty. Again he doesn't trust any to be first choice.

In the summer Lennon signed the worst forward I've ever seen playing for Clyde. He rarely contributes to our offence but amazingly he plays most matches.

Can we just say Lennon had a bad summer????

That is even before taking into account two year contracts for McGrath and Kennedy.

1 hour ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Can we just say Lennon had a bad summer????

That is even before taking into account two year contracts for McGrath and Kennedy.

I remember reading your thread in the summer and there were plenty of shouts to sign the boy Kennedy. Is he not up to it?

I remember reading your thread in the summer and there were plenty of shouts to sign the boy Kennedy. Is he not up to it?
He's not looked up to much but keep playing him in different positions in midfield and the rest of the team is utter garbage.

If he was in our team from a few seasons ago that played decent passing football then he might having been doing OK.

In my opinion the answer is no he's not.

I think the optimistic appraisals of the boy were based on the friendlies before the start of the season.

Personally I didn't see the player many did. Not because he was poor but because I didn't notice his performances at all (take from that what you like).

I was surprised by the Clyde fans that said he was a stand out and we should definitely sign him. Danny Lennon obviously agreed.

Since then my opinion hasn't changed. I never noticed him. He's not awful but is completely ineffective.

In summary:

If he was a food he'd be spam

If he was a car he's be a Citroen C1

If he was a dog he'd be a corgi

If he was a holiday resort he'd be Skegness.

If he was an actress he'd be Anita Dobson.

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

In my opinion the answer is no he's not.

I think the optimistic appraisals of the boy were based on the friendlies before the start of the season.

Personally I didn't see the player many did. Not because he was poor but because I didn't notice his performances at all (take from that what you like).

I was surprised by the Clyde fans that said he was a stand out and we should definitely sign him. Danny Lennon obviously agreed.

Since then my opinion hasn't changed. I never noticed him. He's not awful but is completely ineffective.

In summary:

If he was a food he'd be spam

If he was a car he's be a Citroen C1

If he was a dog he'd be a corgi

If he was a holiday resort he'd be Skegness.

If he was an actress he'd be Anita Dobson.

Skegness has many qualities. Try Cleethorpes for that comparison. That is truly, the last resort.

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

I’ve not seen a foul shy given in about 10 years. He committed 3 in one match against airdrie.

Imagine if he wis so keen tae show he learned how tae dae after that he picked the ball up to take a shy before it went oot

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

Quite a few fans (not just Clyde) said we were way too harsh on him.

He’s in the top 3 worst strikers we’ve ever had. And that includes Wullie Sawyers and John Stewart. Then there was Bryan Dingwall. Mark Archdeacon and so on and so on… so he must be really fucking shite!

Ah wonder if both oor ex Dumbarton boys will get a game. Maybe Big Jones hus something tae prove? (If he’s a fitba player or no)

I wid gie the reserve keeper a run oot.... parry no made it back fae the corner yet