Next permanent Rangers manager

Let’s go!  

158 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

they're basically slum lords, who i've never liked, i'm sure if you had been old enough you'd have spunked in your pants when Murray claimed to spend £10 for ever £5 sellick spent.

wow, that sounds much worse than cheating a face painter out of forty quid 

Just now, G51 said:

Crazy isn’t it. That just seems to be what live sports are worth these days. Pretty much every major league is signing record deals, except for France.

Every The Barclays team will now make about half of what the entire SPFL does in a whole season, just from US broadcasting rights alone.

2 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Every The Barclays team will now make about half of what the entire SPFL does in a whole season, just from US broadcasting rights alone.

Aye. It’s no wonder the league is appealing for some of the greediest b*****ds in the world is it.

15 minutes ago, G51 said:

Crazy isn’t it. That just seems to be what live sports are worth these days. Pretty much every major league is signing record deals, except for France.

Live sports fans are the only captive eyeballs left in media, everyone else is timeshifted for streaming/downloading. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

@Meldrew please stand down. I’m one step away from defending rangers fans and you do not want to put me in that position. 

disappointed to hear this, the arse cheeks usually come together when you tell them the truth, in the big wide world they are small, thought at least fans of ''the sheep'' would've enjoyed someone derailing their hype train

3 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Live sports fans are the only captive eyeballs left in media, everyone else is timeshifted for streaming/downloading. 

True. And as work weeks continue to get shorter and shorter, the audience for sports is only going to increase, meaning advertising revenue (and therefore the value of league TV deals) will increase too.

Everyone loves to talk about the EPL bubble, but it’s not a bubble anymore. It’s just what it’s worth.

Makes it more frustrating when we undersell our own TV deal, but what can you do.

1 minute ago, Meldrew said:

disappointed to hear this, the arse cheeks usually come together when you tell them the truth, in the big wide world they are small, thought at least fans of ''the sheep'' would've enjoyed someone derailing their hype train

You're a Scotsman who supports English football instead of a Scottish team. You'd be getting trebucheted into the Sun along with the OF clubs m8.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're a Scotsman who proudly supports English football instead of a Scottish team. You'd be getting trebucheted into the Sun along with the OF clubs m8.

FTFY

Not by any stretch my favourites, but there are many a scotsman like me.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/fans/official-lfc-supporters-clubs/scotland

Edited by Meldrew

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

True. And as work weeks continue to get shorter and shorter, the audience for sports is only going to increase, meaning advertising revenue (and therefore the value of league TV deals) will increase too.

Everyone loves to talk about the EPL bubble, but it’s not a bubble anymore. It’s just what it’s worth.

Makes it more frustrating when we undersell our own TV deal, but what can you do.

At least the Baltic leagues are trying things, bundling their rights together and selling them on. Or any of the innovations made in other sports - the ATP live; F1 live rights and additions in app, behind the scenes etc. We get f**k all though cos managed decline is best. 

1 minute ago, Orbix said:

At least the Baltic leagues are trying things, bundling their rights together and selling them on. Or any of the innovations made in other sports - the ATP live; F1 live rights and additions in app, behind the scenes etc. We get f**k all though cos managed decline is best. 

The problem we have is that we lack bidders. The BBC and STV seem unwilling or unable to bid, which leaves Sky, BT and Premier. Premier don’t have the muscle, BT are trying to get out, so in practice you only actually have one bidder and they know that. So we need to innovate to get more bidders to the table, whether that’s through Prime/Netflix, bundling rights or whatever. 

9 minutes ago, G51 said:

The problem we have is that we lack bidders. The BBC and STV seem unwilling or unable to bid, which leaves Sky, BT and Premier. Premier don’t have the muscle, BT are trying to get out, so in practice you only actually have one bidder and they know that. So we need to innovate to get more bidders to the table, whether that’s through Prime/Netflix, bundling rights or whatever. 

Not living in India I’ve been unable to sample it, but the Bisgrove deal for the SPFL rights had it to Star,  which I think means it was under the Disney+ banner. Imagine expanding that wider as they look to get eyeballs. 

I just don’t get it. The EPL is a circus that represents everything that’s wrong for me with the modern game. An over exposed pantomime with hours of repetitive punditry, contrived excitement watching players dive, cheat, feign injury, argue with officials and the awful interpretations of VAR. Football tourists, half and half scarves, exaggerated goal celebrations (after a tap in) and the game being ripped away from communities and genuine lifelong fans, by greedy corporates.
Sure there are some very good players, but there’s still a sense of ‘The Emperor’s New Clothes’ depiction about the whole set up for me. Our game isn’t perfect by any stretch but I’d take it over the Premier League down south anytime.

9 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Not living in India I’ve been unable to sample it, but the Bisgrove deal for the SPFL rights had it to Star,  which I think means it was under the Disney+ banner. Imagine expanding that wider as they look to get eyeballs. 

Bisgrove probably sold it for a tenner but aye, I take your point. If we do it right, the next SPFL TV deal is probably on a streaming service (or at least with split packages, some to Sky and some to streaming). 

It’s not an easy situation with easy answers, but we need to innovate a wee bit here. The chances of a moron like Doncaster being able to do that are slim.