Sons v Bairns.

16 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Don’t think we’ve been as bad as made out. Certainly leaving gaps but we’re pressing with intent and have produced some good chances. I must concede Falkirk do look more dangerous though but we’re actually more in the game than we were away at TFS.

They absolutely battered us in the first half and the stats would back that up. Their keeper didn’t have a save to make.

2 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Absolute stinking from us. The players don't have the ability to play at this level. Our club as a whole, are reeking. Top to bottom. 

I think we have plenty of players who are good enough for this level, unfortunately our manager is failing miserably at getting anything out of them. There are a few who don’t look good enough but I’d say the following can easily compete at this level: Pignatiello, McGeever, Buchanan, Paton, McKee, MacLean, Orsi, Schiavone, Wilson and Duthie. The only players I’d say are well out of their depth are Sam Muir, Geggan and Ramsbottom (who can have his good days). A few others are squad filler but are capable of doing a job if required (Lynch, Stokes, Boyle etc). Carswell has been stinking the place out for a while but he should also be able to compete at League 1 level, he’s never captain material mind you. Farrell needs to figure things out very quickly or we’re in bother.

Just now, gav-ffc said:

That’ll do, time to go on a run of wins as we have Montrose, QP and Cove coming up. Draws not good enough anymore.

Aye, not ready to start crowing or accepting any talk about how thats it turned round (which will happen in some circles). Clearly, Dumbarton are poor atm.... But that cant do confidence any harm whatsoever at the same time as better players getting back to fitness.

Well done Falkirk on taking your chances, Ramsbottom had a great game in the sticks for us for a change.

Farrell has totally lost the plot with team selection, Pignatiello is not a right back, the younger guys, Wilson, Duthie, Stokes etc who played so well on that 5 game unbeaten run now sitting on the bench in favour of old duds.

Get a grip Farrell 

Best we’ve played and most I’ve enjoyed a game since August. So many good performances all round and seen the game out well at the end. I hope there’s no talk of corners turned etc.. because Dumbarton are absolutely stinking but still we need to kick on for our next few league games.

Charlie Telfer was again the best player on the park, when he’s fit and in form he’s an absolute joy to watch.

I thought we totally dominated that and really could have scored a lot more.

Telfer was outstanding again and I think could definitely play at a higher level. I haven’t been a fan of Hetherington but he did the dirty work well today.

Good to see Ruth taking his goal well and generally playing well as while I don’t think he’s been brilliant, I think the constant calls for Keena (who again did very little apart from give the ball away) to replace him are ludicrous. 

30 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Have been watching Hetherington quite closely over the last few games.

He’s  no world beater but doesn’t deserve the abuse he gets from our fans.

He had a decent game today tbf but I’ve not been impressed with him before that.

Given that Sheerin is going to pick him every week, hopefully he starts to show some form.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn