Thistle vs Hamilton 20th November 2021

Don’t think we could have had too many complaints with a draw today, but obviously delighted with the win. I think we were marginally the better team, but sort of in the way that 4/10 is a higher score than 3/10.

It really was a thoroughly dreadful football game. But you’re always going to get the odd game like that at this level - and that makes it six clean sheets in a row and three wins.

Accies remind me a wee bit of us under Caldwell immediately following relegation. Just generally soft.

3 minutes ago, 9queens said:

We were shite. Didn't deserve a win but fucking delighted we got it.

Did u miss the part where we actually scored?.. Smiths Volley that came off the crossbar?.. Hamilton didn't have a single shot on target.. Also they had the ref on their side too...

6 minutes ago, dougie247 said:

Did u miss the part where we actually scored?.. Smiths Volley that came off the crossbar?.. Hamilton didn't have a single shot on target.. Also they had the ref on their side too...

Hamilton’s chance where the glancing header flashed past Sneddon’s post was a better chance than Smith rattling the bar from 25 yards out.

Just because we had (slightly) more shots on target doesn’t mean it wasn’t an even game where both teams were dreadful.

Sometimes I think that Scottish football gets unfair criticism, and then halves like that happen.
The Referee forgetting he had to let Akinola back on the park for a few minutes a particular lowlight.
He didn't forget. There was no stoppage in play to check the bleeding had stopped. Pretty basic really.

Great reffing today. Highlights:

Failing to have a penalty when the defender had both arms around Graham(?) for about 15 seconds, then eventually throwing him to the ground.

After one particularly agricultural tackle, ignoring his own eyesight from 10 feet away to check with the mini-linesman who was 30 yards away to decide what happened. 

On a personal note I am glad to see Partick Thistle FC win a game in the post-covid era and not have to worry about booking a trip back to Glasgow later in the season for fear of being a Jonah, first time I've seen us win in person since 2019 vs Inverness.

That was a really horrible game and I agree the reffing was awful. I actually think Tiffoney should have walked for his reaction in the rammy  as he kicked out at someone, but the Hamilton player should have gone too so can't argue  too  much with yellows apiece. Everyone I've spoken to in the JHS says Graham should have had a pen as above and it seemed like Hamilton had 235 free kicks in the second half from about 30 yards out for Ryan falling on his arse.

Sneddon had a bit of a nightmare  late on, came for two free kicks and got near neither of them, if Popescu had put his foot through it rather than trying to chip it we might have been sitting here with a different discussion. Still,  can't argue with 6 league clean sheets in a row.

Alex Rae (the good one, not the baldy orc) in the woody after the game, genuine legend.

First half was terrible, improved in the second but couldn't really get Tiffoney, Rudden and Graham into the game. The goal was very well taken though. Also think we should've had a pen.

Am I missing something about why we didn't have a joint minute's applause for Bertie Auld? 

6 minutes ago, Slacker said:

First half was terrible, improved in the second but couldn't really get Tiffoney, Rudden and Graham into the game. The goal was very well taken though. Also think we should've had a pen.

Am I missing something about why we didn't have a joint minute's applause for Bertie Auld? 

Next week there will be more stuff dedicated to Bertie Auld, guess few players from that era doing interviews etc

2 minutes ago, Slacker said:

We’re paying tribute as a club to Bertie Auld on Friday Night apparently. Presumably it was planned prior to the awful news about Bertie that we would be doing a minute’s applause in memory of Paul Kelly today. 

On 19/11/2021 at 17:06, yummy fur said:

I hope you copy and paste this. It will save you lots of time typing it out fresh every match thread.

Maybe I should. But I am sure you may agree most of my predictions are right. We get humped most weeks and our crowds are dwindling fast

If something positive happens with this shambles i will be happy to post something different

Just watched the highlights, fair play to whoever managed to get six minutes out of that pish.

We definitely should have had a penalty, and I didn’t realise at the time just how poor the marking for the goal was. Both Moyo and Ryan should have scored goals for Accies though. 

15 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Aside from the 10 minutes between HT and the goal, you'll struggle to find a more insipid performance across the SPFL. A boring, unimaginative mess.

Actually, we have seen several insipid performances from bottom 5 teams at Firhill. Morton,Ayr and Dunfermline have all managed it.

It was a low quality game yesterday but an important three points picked up.
Seemed like the sort of game when whoever scored first would go on to win the tie. A few shaky moments near the end from ourselves but we saw it out regardless.