Liverpool explosion

ICTChris

59 minutes ago, Michael W said:

If you're in the driver's seat, you'll be able to open the door. The back doors (imagine the passenger was in the back) won't unlock and the passenger door in my experience won't unlock either. 

49 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Think alot of cabs the driver can lock the back doors,  Mainly to stop you doing a runner, but also a handy feature for when you think the guy in the back is going to blow themselves up.

That's how the sales pitch goes IIRC.

Perhaps this isn't hero cabbie,  more just trying to make sure he pays his fare before he blows himself up?  If the boy had his wallet ready the driver would have opened the door and let him get on it.

It's a handy feature that.

I suppose this shows me up as someone who has always driven a three door and not a five door car. Good to know I can keep hostages quite easily without having to activate the child locks if I ever upgrade to a five door.

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It's a handy feature that.

I suppose this shows me up as someone who has always driven a three door and not a five door car. Good to know I can keep hostages quite easily without having to activate the child locks if I ever upgrade to a five door.

The downside is that if you're hell bent on evading a taxi fare, you might have to blow yourself up to get out of it. 

17 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Cabbies mates have overhyped their man here,   He's not out before the explosion, and whilst he came in a bit quick that's just standard cab driver. 

Glad he's ok, but dinnae smeato yourself pal.

That'll be £12.42 please..booom..    The bomb went off at 10.59, wonder if it was set on a timer and the passenger wasn't the full shilling.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That'll be £12.42 please..booom..    The bomb went off at 10.59, wonder if it was set on a timer and the passenger wasn't the full shilling.

I think it's safe to say that anyone who leaves their house with the intention of blowing themselves up generally won't be the full shilling. 

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I think it's safe to say that anyone who leaves their house with the intention of blowing themselves up generally won't be the full shilling. 

I was suggesting he might not have been fully aware what was happening. The jihadis have a record of using people with mental disabilities as suicide bombers.