Motherwell vs JTs 20/11/21

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

He looked like he was crying as he went off.

I think there were a few heads gone - (based on their line-up) it felt like Hearts were expecting to turn up, play their "home" style and do to us what they did to Utd a couple of week ago, which was a bit, er hopeful. The most gratifying thing was that it was obvious that we were pressing the life out of Hearts after about 20 mins but Neilson didn't change anything up that I could see other than some like for like subs - seeing Gordon repeatedly take those short kick-outs to his defence so that we could get stuck in again was wild.

Also - reading the weird match report on the Scotsman website - it made a big fuss about a penalty that Hearts didn't get - I have literally no memory of it - when was it meant to have happened?

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Just watched the highlights back, did Ben Woodburn have a single decent touch all game?

He had one decent turn and shot, but that was about it.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

He looked like he was crying as he went off.

Watt clearly got right into his head with 2 or three of those "shield the ball and draw the soft foul" moments we all love when it is our team at it - he then said something just before Woodburn left the field to wind him up a wee bit more - Woodburn was seething 😂

I think there were a few heads gone - (based on their line-up) it felt like Hearts were expecting to turn up, play their "home" style and do to us what they did to Utd a couple of week ago, which was a bit, er hopeful. The most gratifying thing was that it was obvious that we were pressing the life out of Hearts after about 20 mins but Neilson didn't change anything up that I could see other than some like for like subs - seeing Gordon repeatedly take those short kick-outs to his defence so that we could get stuck in again was wild.
Also - reading the weird match report on the Scotsman website - it made a big fuss about a penalty that Hearts didn't get - I have literally no memory of it - when was it meant to have happened?

It seems to be Lamie’s tackle on Ginnelly when he was put through and took an absolute age to shoot or get the ball under control and slick Rick took it off him. A bizarre comment to make but then again it is the Scotsman.

The one that the Hearts player was angry with himself? A lot of straws being clutched there...

I wonder if some hacks actually go to games these days or watch it on the laptop while writing other stuff - another one said that the "3000 hearts supporters never stopped singing". Now that was a cracking away support (like 20 years ago when Hearts and Hibs used to regularly bring that many) - but they were pretty silent (as I would be if the boot was on the other foot) after about 10 mins.

2 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

“We came here, it is a big game for Motherwell, you could see at the end the way they were celebrating,” said Neilson

What's this guy's obsession with teams celebrating/enjoying winning games of football?

image.png.2b24142db40de52ec9320396c7ddf16e.png

Where else would they have gone?

Every game is a big game for Motherwell.

Celebrating after a win creates a connection between the fans and the players.

Was he building to a point?

“We came here, it is a big game for Motherwell, you could see at the end the way they were celebrating,” said Neilson
What's this guy's obsession with teams celebrating/enjoying winning games of football?

Cause he’s a greeting faced p***k?

33 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

My own theory is that people celebrate beating his teams with additional vigour largely because Robbie Neilson's a complete f**king dildo.

Robbie Neilson branded the match one of the worst he has seen for a while 

“I spoke to him (Collum) at the end but I’ve already been banned this season so there is no point saying anything, the game is done now.

When you come to these games you need...no, I'll not say too much or I will end up getting banned"

This was all about the non-penalty "incident". Strangely, he doesn't mention the sending off at all, which is weird, because I'd have had slightly more sympathy there. It was one of those where the first foul was probably worth one and a half yellows, and the second just a half, if that, but that's not how it's supposed to work.

34 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Saw that - our players do the wee lap of honour after every home win - it's a thing and nothing to do with beating Hearts*

*which is always one of the more satisfying things in any season TBF

Also don't understand Neilson moaning about fans celebrating. They beat 3rd in the league and played very well (excuse the pun). I can guarantee we celebrated just as much a couple of weeks ago when we beat United. It just comes across as bitter.

Are there Hearts fans who think there was a penalty?  If it was the Lamie challenge then obviously it is the full length of the pitch away from them but I don’t remember reading any Hearts fan claiming a penalty.  Is that happening elsewhere?

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

Also don't understand Neilson moaning about fans celebrating. They beat 3rd in the league and played very well (excuse the pun). I can guarantee we celebrated just as much a couple of weeks ago when we beat United. It just comes across as bitter.

I think we would celebrate beating Ross County.  It is a strange complaint or observation.

Are there Hearts fans who think there was a penalty?  If it was the Lamie challenge then obviously it is the full length of the pitch away from them but I don’t remember reading any Hearts fan claiming a penalty.  Is that happening elsewhere?
Wasn't a pen.