Cup holders v cup hopefuls - Saints V Hibs 27/11/21

Still in this, but depends on what change we make. Porteous his usual bombscare self on the ball so we might need to create a chance for ourselves.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's remarkable really.

Hibs players not even bothering going for any loose ball, the just swan dive the moment a Saints player gets there and hope for the free kick. Seems like it works.

Doesn't matter about the extent of the contact, it was the two footed lunge that matters. Ryan Porteous got a straight red for something similar versus Rangers a month or so back. Hibs didn't make the rules.

Just now, FrankChickens1 said:

I can't remember the first booking but that and the first Nisbet incident weren't even fouls. 

He slid in on Porteous, who left about 10ft in the air, grabbed his ankle, then remarkably recovered in 1 second to chase the ref asking for a card.

Nisbet going in late, studs up, on McCart less worthy of a yellow seemingly.

Just now, Aim Here said:

Doesn't matter about the extent of the contact, it was the two footed lunge that matters. Ryan Porteous got a straight red for something similar versus Rangers a month or so back. Hibs didn't make the rules.

I'll watch it again, didn't look close to Two footed from where I'm sitting.

He should never be stretching into a tackle in that area of the park, while booked, regardless. Let himself down.

Wait, folk are saying for the goal it was a simple clearance off the line until Porteous launched in and bundled it over the line?

😂

He must be a Saints fan. He literally hands us a goal 2/3 times a season.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wait, folk are saying for the goal it was a simple clearance off the line until Porteous launched in and bundled it over the line?

😂

He must be a Saints fan. He literally hands us a goal 2/3 times a season.

Aye. Nisbet was all set to clear it until Porto rattled it in. 

Just now, Brian Graham’s Lovely Hair said:

Aye. Nisbet was all set to clear it until Porto rattled it in. 

He definitely suffers from the "John Souttars", always looks a complete clown playing against us.

Seen more replays of the second yellow now and it looks worse than I thought, but it's not clear he's touched him. Referee definitely influenced by three hibs players screaming in his face then performing cpr on the hibs player on the deck. 

First one was a yellow even though I'm not sure he's touched him there either, as unlike the second he definitely meant to.