Hibees v Steelmen 04.12.21

13 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Do you think Alex Neil would take on the Hibernian Job ?  He would be a very good appointment imho for any team in the Scottish Premiership.

Not so sure really. I had heard from somewhere he was 'willing to take a job in Scotland to rebuild his reputation'. Albeit perhaps he was thinking that might be Celtic or Rangers rather than a club at our level. 

I don't think its out of the question, he's certainly available but I'm not really sure his reputation needs rebuilt. If anything he's done two extremely decent jobs down south that ran their course, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him snapped up over the festive period by another Championship side. 

That's why I'm reasonably content with Ross. If everyone keeps saying we had such a disaster of a Summer window then its understandable why we've dropped off, especially given injuries to Magennis and Doidge. I thought we played fairly well yesterday and on Wednesday and come January we've got two fairly exciting players coming in that we signed in the Summer. We also seem to do decent business in January generally so it may be more than that. 

As such I'd only really be willing to roll the dice for someone who's a clear upgrade, and other than Neil I'm not sure there are any other realistic options who would be. I think given time Ross can right the good ship Hibernian, but its a fair slog at the moment. 

Edited by Chefki Kuqi

Get yourself down there - I have always liked it but it seems even better now after lockdown etc.
Definitely more fun than watching Hibs at the mo....................
I know you'll be disappointed not to win after your second half showing but did you not enjoy that yesterday as a full-blooded encounter between two teams trying to score goals? Yes, there were mistakes but there was plenty of good play and attempts at goal. I've seen a lot worse this season, even in games we've won.
I was driving yesterday but will take note of the pub recommendations for a future visit- cheers. [emoji482]

2 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I know you'll be disappointed not to win after your second half showing but did you not enjoy that yesterday as a full-blooded encounter between two teams trying to score goals? Yes, there were mistakes but there was plenty of good play and attempts at goal. I've seen a lot worse this season, even in games we've won.
I was driving yesterday but will take note of the pub recommendations for a future visit- cheers. emoji482.png

Ach, I know what you mean - taken on its own merits that was a good match for the neutral, and had we been on a half decent run, I wouldnt have minded (as Well are a good side).

But you only need to look at the form guide below to see why we are so fucked off.

We managed a win against 10 man St Johnstone, who are - objectively - shite. We managed a win in the league cup against Rangers - yes, that was good but one bright spot in a sea of shite.

But our form - particularly at home - is dire, some of the football is turgid, and despite what some commentators will say, we have next to nothing on the bench to change it.

It is frustrating, and thats why - even after what was a decent game, there were so many boos.

We are now at the point where Livi and St Mirren next week are must wins for us...............🤣

image.png.2e25662ab218ac62e903e263b331af5b.png

Fair enough- I knew your form wasn't great but I didn't realise it was that bad. In that context I can see the frustration at another game without a win.

I knew you had gone from well in front of us to being a decent gap behind but I had put that more down to you missing a stack of games. Our form has felt a bit hit and miss but that's probably more down to how bad the defeats have been (like 3-0 at Dundee and 6-1 at home to Rangers).

19 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Eta2: just watching Sportscene and heard the comment - I didn't know Cornelius came through at Hibs.

I believe he started off with us, moved to Hibs for a few years but wasn’t offered pro terms with them and rejoined us when he was 16/17. Something like that. He’s certainly seen as ‘one of our own’. Hopefully he starts to kick on for the rest of the season, I never saw the game but a lot of the social media chatter suggests he had a good game?

You just have to remember that we (Motherwell) were in a similar position in December with 4 losses and 1 draw for that entire month. November was a much better prospect for 3 wins and a lose (which I'm still angry at) so it is a matter of perspective. Have a better run in December and potentially win the cup and these issues will be behind d you.

.....Of course I'm hoping you lose s a few games to keep the current gap as large as possible