Hibees v Steelmen 04.12.21

This isn’t a Hibernian thing or a Motherwell thing, could happen in any game but Porteous and Roberts chased back into the box, Porteous got in front of the ball and backed into Roberts.  Free kick to Hibs.  Why do referees blow for this?  Roberts did absolutely nothing.

I could have chosen any free kick that Slattery wins to demonstrate the same point.

The lamie and mugabi thing is amazing, only our good players are shite now.

I think we can bin the idea that McGinley was ever a center back, despite what Robinson said when we signed him.

I agree on the letting players run into you = a foul thing. It may be half of Slattery's game, and I love him, but it's boring. I also think that corners should be fair play for a riot, where only picking the ball up should be a penalty. Kind of like fights in hockey, but for every corner. Maybe play some sort of music and call it war zone or something.

I'm not ready for wee Jamie Murphy looking old. Still think he needs to bulk up a little.

44 minutes ago, ropy said:

This isn’t a Hibernian thing or a Motherwell thing, could happen in any game but Porteous and Roberts chased back into the box, Porteous got in front of the ball and backed into Roberts.  Free kick to Hibs.  Why do referees blow for this?  Roberts did absolutely nothing.

I could have chosen any free kick that Slattery wins to demonstrate the same point.

That kind of thing happens 15/20 times every game and frustrates the hell out of me. It’s a bit like having a bump in a car, it’s always the fault of the driver coming from behind (ooohh matron).

These are sort of games Hibs have to win at home but they are incapable of it, no wonder so many fans are staying at home. Ross has to win the league cup because it appears the rot has set in and a bottom six finish is well and truly on which should see him booted for me. Too many players making the same mistakes week in week out so what goes on at the training ground needs addressed.

Really enjoyed my first away game of the season. Took my dad, had a nice lunch in Vittoria's on Leith Walk and it was a compelling game of football. Both teams will no doubt feel they should have scored more but a draw was probably fair. Some real crazy end to end stuff at times, particularly when Motherwell had a good chance then Hibs ran up the park and had a shot blocked before hitting the bar.

Also, the crowd was announced as 15 thousand and something - have Hibs gone down the Old Firm route of counting all season tickets whether they're there or not because it looked a lot less than that?

He did alright without doing anything spectacular (although should have scored in the first half). Fairly disciplined performance to let others try to create.

Eta: on that showing he's more capable than Grimmy of finding a team-mate with a pass but lacks crazy head-down runs.

Eta2: just watching Sportscene and heard the comment - I didn't know Cornelius came through at Hibs.

I quietly thought we were lucky to get a point today - but when hibs' attacks petered out late on, I had a wee feeling that we we're going to nick it. 

The game today genuinely marked the first time that I was gutted when our defence was deprived of Rickie Lamie  and the fact we have been unable to play the same defence at any point this season is probably an under-reported thing.

I've scarcely missed a 'Well game at Easter Rd over the years and it was the probably quietest I've heard the home support - lovely smoke bomb/set fire to your possessions action though.

I love Tony Watt.

9 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Also, the crowd was announced as 15 thousand and something - have Hibs gone down the Old Firm route of counting all season tickets whether they're there or not because it looked a lot less than that?

Yeah, we’ve been doing that for a while now. I don’t know what the point is but it looks a bit daft announcing that crowd when there were thousands of ST holders not there. 

On 02/12/2021 at 11:58, Leith Green said:

This game is merely the amuse bouche to a few bevvies and some lovely Thai grub in a wee BYOB place with some mates. No doubt it will then descend into nips and shots and a sair heid on Sunday.

No second half injury time please, I need a flyer to get to the boozer in Tollcross.

You can see I am taking the match seriously........................Merry Christmas etc

Just woken up, the good news is that I dont have a massive hangover.

In summary - 

Cloisters decent beer, but having to book a table in a pub still feels like fucking weird shit. 5/10

Absolute Thai - was very decent, and at about £20 dead reasonable as well. Still feels lilke someones front room 9/10

The two bottles of weissbier from the tollcross co op were alright............but the fact that they have a walk in fridge room for the bevvy gets it 10/10

Bennets bar - brilliant. There was a boy on a guitar in the corner, people dancing and we had some good craic with the bar staff who let me buy a round after they had officially shut 10/10

Home Bar - difficult to gauge as I was totally pished at that point - lots of students not drinking much, was a bit of a blur.

Concorde Chippy - Fish Supper was ok, probably saved me from a massive hangover, not the best, but it was about 1 am........ 6/10.

The home front - havent had the post mortem from my wife yet so not sure if I was a snoring drunken fanny when I got back. 

Hibs - Good assist Campbell and goal Nisbet very much against run of play - at that point we could have been 3 down. We were better in the second half and only poor finishing and the bar meant we didnt sneak the points. Genuinely no idea what they are being coached on defensively, but its schoolboy stuff at times.

Motherwell - a good team going forward and the goal was deserved on the balanced of play. Watt is a joy to watch. Van Veen is an enigma, decent player but a bit of a fanny and looked like he was trying to get himself sent off for standing over the ball every free kick. 

Overall, a draw probably the right result, but this run Hibs are on is awful.

Season ticket holders are not turning up now (15000 my arse) and unless we have some remarkable run of results in the next few games Jack Ross might not be the manager by the new year.

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

In summary - 

Cloisters decent beer, but having to book a table in a pub still feels like fucking weird shit. 5/10

Absolute Thai - was very decent, and at about £20 dead reasonable as well. Still feels lilke someones front room 9/10

The two bottles of weissbier from the tollcross co op were alright............but the fact that they have a walk in fridge room for the bevvy gets it 10/10

Bennets bar - brilliant. There was a boy on a guitar in the corner, people dancing and we had some good craic with the bar staff who let me buy a round after they had officially shut 10/10

Home Bar - difficult to gauge as I was totally pished at that point - lots of students not drinking much, was a bit of a blur.

Concorde Chippy - Fish Supper was ok, probably saved me from a massive hangover, not the best, but it was about 1 am........ 6/10.

The home front - havent had the post mortem from my wife yet so not sure if I was a snoring drunken fanny when I got back. 

Hibs - Good assist Campbell and goal Nisbet very much against run of play - at that point we could have been 3 down. We were better in the second half and only poor finishing and the bar meant we didnt sneak the points. Genuinely no idea what they are being coached on defensively, but its schoolboy stuff at times.

Motherwell - a good team going forward and the goal was deserved on the balanced of play. Watt is a joy to watch. Van Veen is an enigma, decent player but a bit of a fanny and looked like he was trying to get himself sent off for standing over the ball every free kick. 

Season ticket holders are not turning up now (15000 my arse) and unless we have some remarkable run of results in the next few games Jack Ross might not be the manager by the new year.

A Thai and a fish supper is a good effort in one night. Always liked Cloisters for a pint - haven't been there since Covid, Bennets was always a decent boozer too.

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

In summary - 

More like less than 10000 and there are still people trying to defend Jack Ross. :lol: 

15 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

More like less than 10000 and there are still people trying to defend Jack Ross. :lol: 

I'm not so much Ross out as Alex Neil in. I think Ross is capable if not spectacular, but ideally I'd want a list of managers who might come longer than just Neil if we're to get rid. Any other names on the horizon? 

Edit: Ideally a veto on McInnes for any such discussions.

Edited by Chefki Kuqi

2 hours ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

I'm not so much Ross out as Alex Neil in. I think Ross is capable if not spectacular, but ideally I'd want a list of managers who might come longer than just Neil if we're to get rid. Any other names on the horizon? 

Edit: Ideally a veto on McInnes for any such discussions.

Do you think Alex Neil would take on the Hibernian Job ?  He would be a very good appointment imho for any team in the Scottish Premiership.

1 hour ago, mwellhighland said:

During lockdown one of my big cravings was a proper creamy pint of Guinness from Bennets. 

Get yourself down there - I have always liked it but it seems even better now after lockdown etc.

Definitely more fun than watching Hibs at the mo....................

Edited by Leith Green