The Glorious Heart of Midlothian FC v Sevco

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:

To be fair (kind of) to Walsh, he was fecking awful and rather highly strung towards both teams today, serious wee man energy emanating from him & I have to assume a Supervisor was in attendance.

I think it got away from him a bit.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Under the current rules, it needs to be deliberate and/or the player makes their body unnaturally bigger to block the ball. I don’t think it could be described as either.

I thought his hand was out from his side.  Admittedly I've only seen a replay on my phone on the way back but it looked a certain penalty to me.

32 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I thought his hand was out from his side.  Admittedly I've only seen a replay on my phone on the way back but it looked a certain penalty to me.

I can’t find a clip of it, and I know that still photo’s are rubbish in making a point, but from this below, I think it would be extremely harsh to say Goldson has made himself “unnaturally bigger” here.

5FABC24E-2F2C-4270-82E3-6D44BC363F98.jpeg

3 hours ago, G51 said:

Good game, deserved the win. Would have liked to have seen the double pivot a bit quicker.

Hearts are a decent side, but if you play that aggressively against a side that’s quicker and better than you you’re always running the risk of picking up cards. High risk, high reward I suppose.

Rangers were more clinical but were not the better team. The fact that Hearts dominated possession, created more chances and McGregor voted man of the match would probably give clues to that. 

4 hours ago, G51 said:

Good game, deserved the win. Would have liked to have seen the double pivot a bit quicker.

Hearts are a decent side, but if you play that aggressively against a side that’s quicker and better than you you’re always running the risk of picking up cards. High risk, high reward I suppose.

17 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

Rangers were more clinical but were not the better team. The fact that Hearts dominated possession, created more chances and McGregor voted man of the match would probably give clues to that. 

Takes some neck to say that Rangers, 2-0 up before I finished my scrambled eggs and smoked salmon on toasted English muffin, were poorer than Hearts.

But then if there's any crew capable of arguing black is white it's the P&B diddies.

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The stramash happened in front of me and Barisic should have got two yellows one for scrapping with Devlin and then another for scrapping with Ginnelly yet somehow he only got one but considering that Devlin didn't get carded at all we certainly can't discard the less sinister explanation.

How devlin survived till he did without being booked while others were booked for one or two fouls only walsh will be able to tell, 

The sending off should have been no bookings to anyone, a high tempo game that both teams put 100% in is always gonna have a flare up or two, walsh could have told everyone to calm down and that was it

The fact he produced a second yellow for the hearts boy at that point probably saved halkett from his second booking right at the end, and that was more of a yellow if one of them had to be 

A pretty shitty performance from the ref who clearly tried to establish authority using cards instead of smarts

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I can’t find a clip of it, and I know that still photo’s are rubbish in making a point, but from this below, I think it would be extremely harsh to say Goldson has made himself “unnaturally bigger” here.

Was the ball not out the park at some point leading up to this? 

35 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

Hearts dominated possession tippy tapping at the back whilst being two down! Any team will happily let you have the ball in that position. 

The ref had a shocker & only started booking his boys when the damage was done. 

ginnelly needs fined.

the worst home performance & the easiest away win they will get all season

14 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Hearts dominated possession tippy tapping at the back whilst being two down! Any team will happily let you have the ball in that position. 

The ref had a shocker & only started booking his boys when the damage was done. 

ginnelly needs fined.

the worst home performance & the easiest away win they will get all season

whilst playing "tippy tappy", Hearts had 16 shots at goal, 8 of which were on target. They had 10 corners. We were clearly watching two different games. 

Edited by KingRocketman II
typos

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I didn’t watch the game, nor have I seen the incident but that still image makes it look a clear handball. 

28 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Takes some neck to say that Rangers, 2-0 up before I finished my scrambled eggs and smoked salmon on toasted English muffin, were poorer than Hearts.

But then if there's any crew capable of arguing black is white it's the P&B diddies.

the statistics of the game would probably support it. They tend to be less subjective than your average armchair OF supporter. 

Why do you think McGregor was Man of the Match? His charm perhaps?

15 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

the statistics of the game would probably support it. They tend to be less subjective than your average armchair OF supporter. 

A lazy slur from a lazy-minded diddy.  I've been going to football since 'nine inches' referred to the size of your B&W telly.

49 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

How devlin survived till he did without being booked while others were booked for one or two fouls only walsh will be able to tell, 

The sending off should have been no bookings to anyone, a high tempo game that both teams put 100% in is always gonna have a flare up or two, walsh could have told everyone to calm down and that was it

The fact he produced a second yellow for the hearts boy at that point probably saved halkett from his second booking right at the end, and that was more of a yellow if one of them had to be 

A pretty shitty performance from the ref who clearly tried to establish authority using cards instead of smarts

Bit rich to be complaining it took so long for Devlin to be booked considering Arfield booted his way through the game and never got a card.