The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2022

I noticed 7 picks for chef Tim Bilton. I avoided picking him as seen an article that he had past away a couple of weeks ago. Although I believe this article to be utter nonsense now and he’s still alive. Good luck to the 7 pickers. 

https://usdaynews.com/celebrities/celebrity-death/tim-bilton-death-cause/amp/

46 minutes ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

I noticed 7 picks for chef Tim Bilton. I avoided picking him as seen an article that he had past away a couple of weeks ago. Although I believe this article to be utter nonsense now and he’s still alive. Good luck to the 7 pickers. 

He’s obviously operating his Instagram page from beyond the grave, if true. 

2 hours ago, hearthammer said:

Scanning this morning's papers online, this shocking and depraved article jumped out.  P & B has a clone of sorts elsewhere 😉

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/sick-deathlist-predicts-queen-die-25772887 

I don't think this is the first year that an article like that has appeared, I recall the faux outrage that some 90 year old or other had been picked to die. Its ok to gush over them when they go of course but to speculate on their deaths...... Ist Verboten !

10 hours ago, Aim Here said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e8GqwF88AgwIGgq4TTnd4gGDpl0IhLSnAowjkARlRX4/edit#gid=0

The 'Picks' sheet, and, particularly, the 'N' column is exactly what you're after.

Edit: To make it even easier, you can check out your own section of the 'Players' sheet and column J. I might remove it later if it makes the sheet too slow.

Thanks for doing the spreadsheet mate. Looks like there are quite a few of us who have 'dared to be different' and pick a lot of solo shots. As the resident stato (and if you know) is there a higher proportion of solo shots this year than in the past. 

3 hours ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

Having become a bit of an expert on the health status of Tim Bilton for the last two years, I can confirm he is, thankfully, still with us.

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

Thanks for doing the spreadsheet mate. Looks like there are quite a few of us who have 'dared to be different' and pick a lot of solo shots. As the resident stato (and if you know) is there a higher proportion of solo shots this year than in the past. 

Not significantly. About 2/3 of the picks are solo shots, and that's been constant (64-66%) since 2020, and each player has on average just under 4 solo shots (3.75 in 2021, 3.9 in 2020 and 2022).

4 hours ago, hearthammer said:

Scanning this morning's papers online, this shocking and depraved article jumped out.  P & B has a clone of sorts elsewhere 😉

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/sick-deathlist-predicts-queen-die-25772887 

This is outrageous. The Star should be publishing this in December. Would have helped in picking my team. 

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

He’s obviously operating his Instagram page from beyond the grave, if true. 

2019 I had Jan Michael Vincent (Airwolf) in my team as his Twitter feed was absolutely mental and he clearly wasn’t going to be long for this earth - a judgment later proven correct. But I think his death was reported quite late after he died as someone was keeping the feed going for a number of weeks. Which I felt was a bit weird. 

2 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

2019 I had Jan Michael Vincent (Airwolf) in my team as his Twitter feed was absolutely mental and he clearly wasn’t going to be long for this earth - a judgment later proven correct. But I think his death was reported quite late after he died as someone was keeping the feed going for a number of weeks. Which I felt was a bit weird. 

Happened in the pre-social media too.

Like the time that Benny Hill expressed his sadness at Frankie Howerd's death, despite being dead at the time.

And that time Lonnie Donegan signed a petition clamouring for even longer copyright terms, despite being dead for four years. Which sortof makes sense. If you can sign petitions when you're dead, you can maybe collect royalty cheques.

Honestly I'm choking for some intern at the Record to find this thread and try to make a name for themselves. 

It's also worth pointing out that the DeathList site seems to have scored 12 hits out of 50 last year. A terrible hit rate compared to several of our contestants.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Honestly I'm choking for some intern at the Record to find this thread and try to make a name for themselves

It's also worth pointing out that the DeathList site seems to have scored 12 hits out of 50 last year. A terrible hit rate compared to several of our contestants.

2023 dead pool pick.

If the actors I chose in my deadpool list were actual characters that they played in real life, then my top 3 which are from the film Three Amigos would be Dusty Bottoms and Lucky Day plus Martin Short's character which is my Captain. I have to publicly state that I wish no death in real life to anyone who actually have the same names as these characters and although if these actors die in real life I wish the very best in life to anyone to have the same characters name to have a healthy and prosperous New Year and personal congratulations to Ned Nederlander!

19 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Missed some low hanging fruit as Igor Bogdanoff dies from the bad 'rona a week after his brother Grégoire.

I spotted that and mentioned him, but put my team in too early to benefit from it. It's a VC solo shot for someone, if a proper obit shows up.

Edit: Found one - https://bbc-edition.com/international/igor-bogdanoff-died-six-days-after-his-twin-brother-grichka/

Edited by Aim Here