Ayr v Rovers - Boxing Day bash

1 minute ago, Mod1967 said:

They were absolutely abysmal, it was borderline casual racism in they're continual comments on Adeloye, he's lazy blah blah blah    disgusting and should be removed by the club immediately, I intend to make an official complaint to the club. 

Have been on some truly abysmal away streams and that today was ok. Can’t comment on any intended racism in the Adeloye comments, but they didn’t feel racist in the moment. Sounded like a valid criticism of a player who has been underperforming in a team that just got their manager sacked. May be wrong as I’ve obviously not been watching much of Ayr this season 

Just now, HMIP said:

Calling someone lazy is racist?  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I forgot you don't understand subtext and take everything literally.

If it was the halftime show I was only barely paying attention. They were definitely negative about Adeloye. Whether or not there was more in it I don't know - I would hope not.

Given how much Aumedia danced around not criticising Duffy it's shocking that they tear into our top scorer. Without whom we would be fucked.

4 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

They were absolutely abysmal, it was borderline casual racism in they're continual comments on Adeloye, he's lazy blah blah blah    disgusting and should be removed by the club immediately, I intend to make an official complaint to the club. 

Mate we just won a game and played one our best performances since pre covid, just enjoy tonight mate. And to be fair to them Adeloye doesn't exactly do much running about up top but he still gets the goals and holds the ball up when required so i'm not caring. 

5 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Sounded like a valid criticism of a player who has been underperforming in a team that just got their manager sacked

He hasn't been underperforming. By absolutely any metric he's fucking smashed his career at Ayr thus far. Even @itzdrk and his roulette-table approach to this week's enemy would never have stooped to suggesting that.

I don't think there was any intent to be racist on the commentary teams part. I found it a very strange segment at half time. It was a pile on, on Adeloye. It added nothing and was totally unnecessary.

They did trip over what is a well known racial trope about being lazy. I expect by accident rather than design.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I forgot you don't understand subtext and take everything literally.

If it was the halftime show I was only barely paying attention. They were definitely negative about Adeloye. Whether or not there was more in it I don't know - I would hope not.

Given how much Aumedia danced around not criticising Duffy it's shocking that they tear into our top scorer. Without whom we would be fucked.

Pathetic and moronic response.  For anyone to imply in any way that the AU media guys are pursuing a racist agenda against Adeloye simply because they criticised his attitude and work rate (which have been dreadful at times this season, top scorer or no), is ridiculous.

I’m embarrassed for you that you would even post such drivel.  The AU media guys are basically just fans volunteering their time to the club.  You and that other idiot should apologise immediately.

Just now, HMIP said:

Pathetic and moronic response.  For anyone to imply in any way that the AU media guys are pursuing a racist agenda against Adeloye simply because they criticised his attitude and work rate (which have been dreadful at times this season, top scorer or no), is ridiculous.

I’m embarrassed for you that you would even post such drivel.  The AU media guys are basically just fans volunteering their time to the club.  You and that other idiot should apologise immediately.

It wasn't me that posted it you cheeky fucker. Why don't you take a running f**k to yourself you arrogant sack of shite.

Re-read my posts and you'll see I didn't suggest it was racist but they had tripped on a racial trope inadvertently. If anyone is owed an apology its me from you.

11 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Have been on some truly abysmal away streams and that today was ok. Can’t comment on any intended racism in the Adeloye comments, but they didn’t feel racist in the moment. Sounded like a valid criticism of a player who has been underperforming in a team that just got their manager sacked. May be wrong as I’ve obviously not been watching much of Ayr this season 

You don’t understand “subtext”.

1 minute ago, HMIP said:

For anyone to imply in any way that the AU media guys are pursuing a racist agenda against Adeloye simply because they criticised his attitude and work rate (which have been dreadful at times this season, top scorer or no), is ridiculous.

This can absolutely be unintentional, especially in a fucking backwoods like Ayr where black people walking down the high street is still a talking point for weeks thereafter. Always curious to see who it is that gets angriest at accusations of racism.

Away harass 

7 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Petty little englander 

Just now, Trogdor said:

It wasn't me that posted it you cheeky fucker. Why don't you take a running f**k to yourself you arrogant sack of shite.

Re-read my posts and you'll see I didn't suggest it was racist but they had tripped on a racial trope inadvertently. If anyone is owed an apology its me from you.

Reread your own post you utter moron.  

Just now, grumswall said:

It's actually pretty funny seing another teams fans argue about nothing having just won a game. Keep it up, it's more entertaining than the game was.

It is a sign of strength that a fanbase can criticise each other even from a winning position.

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

This can absolutely be unintentional, especially in a fucking backwoods like Ayr where black people walking down the high street is still a talking point for weeks thereafter. Always curious to see who it is that gets angriest at accusations of racism.

Go and accuse the guys to their faces of being “unintentional” racists.  They’re a cracking bunch of guys who basically give up their time on a voluntary basis.  Their criticism of Adeloye was perfectly fair by the way.