Ayr v Rovers - Boxing Day bash

I had a look in the Ayr thread and misery loves company.

Wonder how many players will make this game? Will the game be on?

Hopefully fog isn’t a feature. Maybe some snow instead.

Will Rovers get back to winning ways? Will Duffy still be in charge? Sacking a man at Christmas is bad form.

As with any team, Raith could play their board of directors and comfortably beat us. 

I was considering attending this since I'll be back down the road for Christmas but there's nae chance I'll be there. 

Edited by itzdrk

As much as I thought Aaron A Aarnottson acquitted himself well yesterday, I'd be tempted to swap in Kieran Mitchell in his place and go back to McGlynn's preferred shape. 

With respect, Ayr are a different proposition to Partick Thistle, and a pacey, direct striker with a strong, experienced attacking three behind him is a more dangerous proposition than a "false nine" of Ethan Ross or Dario Zanatta, in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, EvilScotsman said:

I remember us trying this; we definitely got the false part.

Still haunts me thinking about watching him play, entire game looking over his shoulder making excuses to the bench.  

As for the game, Ayr looked one of the most utterly abject sides I've seen in the first half when we played them at Stark's. There was absolutely no urgency and we really should've put more pressure onto them. The second half they looked far more up for it. Incredibly they only seem to have got worse since that point. Our record down at Somerset is patchy but we were quite comfortable down there earlier in the season after getting two early goals. I'd be delighted for the same again with our current situation. 

8 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

With respect, Ayr are a different proposition to Partick Thistle, and a pacey, direct striker with a strong, experienced attacking three behind him is a more dangerous proposition than a "false nine" of Ethan Ross or Dario Zanatta, in my opinion. 

A short paragraph that explains everything we don't have in the final third. Just wait until you see Duffy trying to play a false nine of Cammy Salkeld. Might even get the treat of Nick McAllister doing his impression of Rommell directing tanks from his new ball winning midfielder role.

8 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

As much as I thought Aaron A Aarnottson acquitted himself well yesterday, I'd be tempted to swap in Kieran Mitchell in his place and go back to McGlynn's preferred shape. 

God, I wish, but JMcG clearly said he isn’t ready to start...unless that’s a McGlynn fake. I’d actually drop Tait and play Arnott instead with Mitchell up top...why the f**k not!