Ayr v Rovers - Boxing Day bash

55 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

You do realise we lost 3-0, going on seven against Queen of the fucking South! 

Form and league table suggests a Rovers win obviously, but no games in the Championship are a given, especially away from home. I don’t mind pessimism, have been guilty of it myself at times - it’s the ‘we’ll DEFINITELY lose’ patter on every match thread that’s becoming a pain. We all support relatively average teams, surely you can only do that by having a little bit of hope you might win, no matter how unlikely the odds. Maybe it’s just the whole COVID shite making everyone completely negative, but it’s definitely got worse this last year. 

14 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Form and league table suggests a Rovers win obviously, but no games in the Championship are a given, especially away from home. I don’t mind pessimism, have been guilty of it myself at times - it’s the ‘we’ll DEFINITELY lose’ patter on every match thread that’s becoming a pain. We all support relatively average teams, surely you can only do that by having a little bit of hope you might win, no matter how unlikely the odds. Maybe it’s just the whole COVID shite making everyone completely negative, but it’s definitely got worse this last year. 

We have won 1 in 12 league games.  There was a cup game in the middle of that we won as well just scraping past Albion Rovers.  Things are very bad. 

Can't say I'm jumping with confidence ahead of this game regardless of the situation Ayr are in form wise and the fact they might have a bit of a boost by emptying Duffy. Even with 11 players on Saturday there was nothing to suggest we would get a goal and if we go into boxing day with same players out (plus Berra) then can't see it being a pretty game from our perspective and can see us trying to shitfest a draw. We're probably 1 or 2 players away from not being able to field a team. From my own experience of having Covid along with my entire household it wasn't instant that we all caught it and if there's a delay in some players in the squad catching it then the next few days will be interesting. From what I'm hearing Poplatnik was out on Saturday due to injury so you never know, he might be fit by boxing day. 

PS actually thought Ayr looked half decent in the 2nd half of the game at Starks that we won.

Raith fans, we are truly woeful. This isn't us lulling you into some false sense of security. I do expect a better performance and a reaction, we saw it before when Hopkin walked away in the huff.

That said, I'd have you at 75% for a win; 20% for a draw and 5% for an Ayr win.

Ayr could win this but its very unlikely.

Self isolation means it’s going to have to be the stream for me for this one. Praying for no fog. 

Edited to say I’ve just read news that Wales are making all fixtures closed doors. Might not be the only one relying on a stream. f**k. 

Edited by roverthemoon

Think we should be getting ready to be told that if games get the go ahead then it's very likely to be in an empty stadium or ground. Fairly sure Scottish Government will follow the Welsh Government decision to play all sport behind closed doors from Boxing Day.

10 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
2 hours ago, steakngravy said:
Not being able to go to the game on Sunday I will be relying on the stream to watch the game. Is it easy to register for it I seem to remember buying it before when lockdown was in place. 

I remember it as possibly the worst streaming service I've ever watched.

Hopefully they’ve canned the commentator from last season, slavering walloper 

17 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Hopefully they’ve canned the commentator from last season, slavering walloper 

I’m not ecstatic about having to listen to any “in-house” commentary over the next few weeks to be honest, ours included.

The 500 includes players, staff, stewards etc, so in reality probably nearer 300.

However, we can all pile into a pub and watch the fitba.

And this six weeks after they were telling people to open their doors and let climate activists from all over the place stay with them during Cop.