Ayr v Rovers - Boxing Day bash

1 minute ago, HMIP said:

You don’t understand “subtext”.

I completely understand subtext. I just haven’t been watching Ayr all season and reading the doom and gloom in this thread pre-match, added to the fact that your manager has just been sacked, I’d assumed that most of your players have been pretty shit so far this season. So the criticism didn’t seem out of place. Pretty sure your commentary team were expressing surprise that all of you team were working harder than they had in recent games. If I’ve stepped unknowingly into some underlying racist agenda, then I can only apologise, but as an outsider, it certainly didn’t feel like that. 

6 minutes ago, grumswall said:

It's actually pretty funny seing another teams fans argue about nothing having just won a game. Keep it up, it's more entertaining than the game was.

I mean we've won a game which is a rarity so they need to find something else to argue amongst themselves about

Edited by rb123!

I didn't watch the stream but I find it hard to believe that any criticism of Adeloye had racial undertones to it. The guy is capable of being a good player when he plays like he did today but I'm not having it that he is entirely free of criticism. Before he scored against Morton he had been rancid for weeks and if we had any competent striker on the bench he'd have been dropped. 

It's clear that he plays better with a strike partner but even when he is shunted up top on his own, his incessant whining and moaning to the ref is infuriating. His positioning in that role also isn't great and doesn't do much to help the team out off the ball. He had a fantastic game today though and in future should feature with one of McKenzie, Moffat or Bradley alongside him but he's absolutely had his shite games this season along with everyone else in the team. 

5 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Go and accuse the guys to their faces of being “unintentional” racists.

You do understand that this should be a totally normal thing to do? If they didn't mean it (and I have no reason at all to think they did) then there should be no offense. This is how people de-internalise things they've inadvertently picked up.

It's not them who is going full head-shaving about the very notion that this has come up.

Edited by Thumper

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I didn't watch the stream but I find it hard to believe that any criticism of Adeloye had racial undertones to it. The guy is capable of being a good player when he plays like he did today but I'm not having it that he is entirely free of criticism. Before he scored against Morton he had been rancid for weeks and if we had any competent striker on the bench he'd have been dropped. 

It's clear that he plays better with a strike partner but even when he is shunted up top on his own, his incessant whining and moaning to the ref is infuriating. His positioning in that role also isn't great and doesn't do much to help the team out off the ball. He had a fantastic game today though and in future should feature with one of McKenzie, Moffat or Bradley alongside him but he's absolutely had his shite games this season along with everyone else in the team. 

That's because there wasn't, just some supporters with some interesting interpretations in what's racial abuse, calling someone lazy is a new one to me

7 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Go and accuse the guys to their faces of being “unintentional” racists.  They’re a cracking bunch of guys who basically give up their time on a voluntary basis.  Their criticism of Adeloye was perfectly fair by the way.  

You've continually criticised him and Afolabi ,not for poor ability or lack of speed, but because they're lazy, surprise surprise 

Just now, Mod1967 said:

You've continually criticised him and Afolabi ,not for poor ability or lack of speed, but because they're lazy, surprise surprise 

Afolabi is utterly shite though and his work rate is up there with a perfectly valid thing to bash him for. Along with every other aspect of his play. 

I'm still not sure how this all ties back to race if I'm being honest?

14 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Pathetic and moronic response.  For anyone to imply in any way that the AU media guys are pursuing a racist agenda against Adeloye simply because they criticised his attitude and work rate (which have been dreadful at times this season, top scorer or no), is ridiculous.

I’m embarrassed for you that you would even post such drivel.  The AU media guys are basically just fans volunteering their time to the club.  You and that other idiot should apologise immediately.

12 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It wasn't me that posted it you cheeky fucker. Why don't you take a running f**k to yourself you arrogant sack of shite.

Re-read my posts and you'll see I didn't suggest it was racist but they had tripped on a racial trope inadvertently. If anyone is owed an apology its me from you.

Calm down lads just remember we've succeeded in getting rid of that numpty Duffy and won a game today...

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Jeez, came into this thread expecting to see Ayr fans rejoicing at a good victory and get greeted with this rubbish. 

7F715239-DED2-4A72-B2E3-83811C1BFCD0.gif

Folk just can't be fucking happy and need an excuse to whine at the weekend. Anyone at the game spot any managerial candidates in the stand?

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I'm still not sure how this all ties back to race if I'm being honest?

Baselessly (and it is fucking baseless; he's a fucking striker, in a team that has exclusively played long ball for a year, and has double-digits goals before the winter break) accusing a player of being lazy absolutely has racial connotations if the player is black, the club (and town) the player plays in is roughly as racially diverse as the Klu Klux Klan.

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Calm down lads just remember we've succeeded in getting rid of that numpty Duffy and won a game today...

I won't be engaging with HMIP anymore. He clearly has anger management issues that he tries to curtail in real life by wildly flailing at people on here. A real arseholes arsehole.

Just now, yorkshirepud said:

Anyway, isn't it strange that playing your best players  in their best positions and setting them up to play positive football wins games? Who knew?

Duffy himself seemed to indicate this in his first couple of games. f**k knows what happened.

They're obviously not getting the "casual " element to this, is it intentional no, but it's embarrassing, our own player got a continual doing off them today, christ what would he have got if he'd scored Moffat amount of goals for instance. 

1 minute ago, yorkshirepud said:

Anyway, isn't it strange that playing your best players  in their best positions and setting them up to play positive football wins games? Who knew?

Whyte’s post match comment. I picked the team that trained the best this week.

not sure if it was a dig but the players that came in have been bit part players all season without doing much wrong. 

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Baselessly (and it is fucking baseless; he's a fucking striker, in a team that has exclusively played long ball for a year, and has double-digits goals before the winter break) accusing a player of being lazy absolutely has racial connotations if the player is black, the club (and town) the player plays in is roughly as racially diverse as the Klu Klux Klan.

Him scoring 10 goals does not exclude him from being called out when he has an utterly shite game though. And when he does have one of those shite games it's generally due to the fact that he saunters about throwing his arms in the air rather than making a concerted effort to help his team. Therefore, there is nothing baseless in saying that he sometimes doesn't bother his arse. 

Just now, Mod1967 said:

They're obviously not getting the "casual " element to this, is it intentional no, but it's embarrassing, our own player got a continual doing off them today, christ what would he have got if he'd scored Moffat amount of goals for instance. 

Funnily enough it was very amusing to remember what happened when the commentators on Sportsound did when they finally got a look at Moffat and discovered that Ayr's new wunderkind from the juniors was a prematurely balding guy in his late 20s and not some 16-year-old.