Ayr v Rovers - Boxing Day bash

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Him scoring 10 goals does not exclude him from being called out when he has an utterly shite game though. And when he does have one of those shite games it's generally due to the fact that he saunters about throwing his arms in the air rather than making a concerted effort to help his team. Therefore, there is nothing baseless in saying that he sometimes doesn't bother his arse. 

Let's pick the definitive player of this type: Tarbolton's finest. Would Rangers TV have ever spent time criticising his efforts? Consider that AUM makes the **** look like the Spanish Inquisition.

Just now, Thumper said:

Let's pick the definitive player of this type: Tarbolton's finest. Would Rangers TV have ever spent time criticising his efforts? Consider that AUM makes the **** look like the Spanish Inquisition.

I dunno mate, I don't spend much time thinking about what **** might or might not do. FWIW, Boyd was a lazy c**t who stat padded against the utterly muck teams in the Scottish top flight whilst proving to be utterly useless against Celtic, European opponents and in games for Scotland. 

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Him scoring 10 goals does not exclude him from being called out when he has an utterly shite game though. And when he does have one of those shite games it's generally due to the fact that he saunters about throwing his arms in the air rather than making a concerted effort to help his team. Therefore, there is nothing baseless in saying that he sometimes doesn't bother his arse. 

Are you agreeing with the doing they gave him today then?

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I dunno mate, I don't spend much time thinking about what **** might or might not do. FWIW, Boyd was a lazy c**t who stat padded against the utterly muck teams in the Scottish top flight whilst proving to be utterly useless against Celtic, European opponents and in games for Scotland. 

And has Adeloye failed to show up against better opposition?

He's one of the very, very few positives on the pitch in the post-McCall era. If an opposition fan who isn't some repeatedly-banned p***k from the Blighted East gets uncomfortable with how the commentators treat him, that's absolutely a valid point of concern.

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

And has Adeloye failed to show up against better opposition?

He's one of the very, very few positives on the pitch in the post-McCall era. If an opposition fan who isn't some repeatedly-banned p***k from the Blighted East gets uncomfortable with how the commentators treat him, that's absolutely a valid point of concern.

Yes, there have games against superior teams where he hasn't shown up. 

Listen, as I've said before, Adeloye is a decent enough player. I think there's aspects of his game he isn't so hot at but he's a good finisher and is able to quickly capitalise on opposition mistakes. I think there have been a few times this season where he has come across like he can't be arsed and would rather have a strop to the referee or his team mates. 

It's maybe not an issue where he should get hammered for it but it's definitely something worth mentioning when discussing him as a player.

Didn't watch the stream today so didn't hear the lazy comment.  I'd reject Adeloye being lazy without comment on the rest.  

Regardless, we were very good today, Raith may have been terrible but part of that is down to us being very good.  

In amongst all that though I really enjoyed Houston chucking a throw in out for a goal kick, he must have been 20 yards from goal - hilarious. 

42 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

I completely understand subtext. I just haven’t been watching Ayr all season and reading the doom and gloom in this thread pre-match, added to the fact that your manager has just been sacked, I’d assumed that most of your players have been pretty shit so far this season. So the criticism didn’t seem out of place. Pretty sure your commentary team were expressing surprise that all of you team were working harder than they had in recent games. If I’ve stepped unknowingly into some underlying racist agenda, then I can only apologise, but as an outsider, it certainly didn’t feel like that. 

Sorry, let me assure you, I wasn’t having a go at you.  You’re original post was entirely fair and sensible.  

Enjoyed all of that today, especially as Chalmers and Bradley coming in showed what's possible when we play football from back to front - both had good games. Maxwell is an enigma at times- brilliant and frustrating in equal measure - but he deserved to be MotM whatever.

McAdams having very little to do was a major surprise so well done to the 4 in front of him...for once. Maybe a Baird/McGinty combo is the best we can hope for just now?

Well done, lads - keep his up and things can only get better.

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Didn't watch the stream today so didn't hear the lazy comment.  I'd reject Adeloye being lazy without comment on the rest. 

It was really quite bizarre, a half time pile on, on Adeloye, when he had scored as well. I didn't hear anyone else getting it tight for being lazy. However, I was only half listening to the half time part but did notice it was quite negative on Adeloye.

10 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Regardless, we were very good today, Raith may have been terrible but part of that is down to us being very good.  

In amongst all that though I really enjoyed Houston chucking a throw in out for a goal kick, he must have been 20 yards from goal - hilarious. 

At different times he was called lazy, uniterested and huffy, on being fouled and needing treatment it was suggested he wanted off the other 2 commentators both sniggered and laughed........fuckin disgraceful btw 

3 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

At different times he was called lazy, uniterested and huffy, on being fouled and needing treatment it was suggested he wanted off the other 2 commentators both sniggered and laughed........fuckin disgraceful btw 

That's out of order. He worked hard all game today. 

While the abuse of Adeloye may have been over the top and unwarranted I think it’s a bit of a stretch to suggest their were racial conetations linked to it. 

The only thing that they said that I disagreed with was the fact that he didn’t want to be here. I’ve never seen anything or heard anything from him or anyone at the club that suggested that. 

Let's put a stop to the silly chat that the AUmedia's discussion today on Adeloye was racially motivated. 

It wasn't. From that point of view there's nothing to see here. 

If they're looking to criticise our players that's for them to decide, but quite how the names Fjortoft, Salkeld and McGinty have gone unmentioned when criticism's being given out is what they should be severely called out for.😂

Today was a fantastic step in the right direction, I'm always critical of a dressing room when a performance is suddenly pulled from nowhere when a manager goes but what was clear for me was the simplicity of our play today, hard working and organised against one of the better teams in the league. It was clear that Duffy had completely lost the dressing room. 

Any prospective candidates watching that today will see there's a nucleus of a team that can compete in this league and one that can be worked with on the training field. With a couple of additions in January you'd have to be hopeful we can get ourselves to midtable. 

Edited by BukyOHare

1 hour ago, yorkshirepud said:

Anyway, isn't it strange that playing your best players  in their best positions and setting them up to play positive football wins games? Who knew?

The crazy thing is we set up today how Duffy set us up when he started.  Same formation. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

While the abuse of Adeloye may have been over the top and unwarranted I think it’s a bit of a stretch to suggest their were racial conetations linked to it. 

The only thing that they said that I disagreed with was the fact that he didn’t want to be here. I’ve never seen anything or heard anything from him or anyone at the club that suggested that. 

I think this is probably fair. 

However, I have no idea to what extent players have been criticised on the stream before. It isn’t something I really noticed when watching last season.

It wouldn’t look great at all, if Adeloye was the first person to be called out given the hopeless performances of Hopkin, Duffy, McGinty, Fjortoft, Salkeld, McAllister etc - none of whom have offered anything close to what Adeloye has.