ICT vs Partick Thistle - Boxing Day Bash

Hi ho hi ho it's off to Inverness we go (hopefully).

Home team getting beat off the Accies again against a Thistle team who ended the Rovers 15 game unbeaten run.

Cliche but first goal could be crucial here. Thistle haven t comeback to rescue even a point after losing the first goal since the first game of the season.

Last game Inverness fans will still be scratching their heads how they didn't win at Firhill.

Not a mission impossible for the Jags as we have done okay up at TCS so could be a good match, if it is on.

Head says P- P

Heart says ICT 1 PTFC 2

Merry Christmas ❤💛

7 hours ago, jagfox OG said:

Thistle haven t comeback to rescue even a point after losing the first goal since the first game of the season

This is one of those facts which sounds worse than it is without context. We’ve only conceded to Arbroath in our last 9 games, which is the only game we’ve fallen behind in in our last 11.

3 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

This is one of those facts which sounds worse than it is without context. We’ve only conceded to Arbroath in our last 9 games, which is the only game we’ve fallen behind in in our last 11.

As I said was a cliche but coupled with run of 0-0s last quarter hopefully we can get first the first goal. In fact thinking back to our last visit the first three just to make sure of a point...

ICT (and Arbroath) are the best team I’ve seen us play this season by some distance, I expect this to be a fairly tight affair. Albeit we eventually scored, I’d still be concerned about the chances we missed vs Raith and hope we’re more on the ball in terms of finishing up at Inverness. 

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

If Partick put anyone within 5 feet of Mark Ridgers at set pieces we'll lose comfortably

If Caley currently have an issue with set-pieces, I’d hope we’ll be playing Kyle Turner from the start. 

I think this game may have 1-1 draw written all over it, but failing that any kind of win to the proper Jags would be terrific. 

8 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Arbroath were head and shoulders above any team I’ve seen us play this season- a lot better than ICT I thought 

I think Arbroath have been the best team we’ve faced, but I also think the 0-0 against Caley was the most dominant performance I’ve seen another team have against us in at least a couple of seasons.

Caley’s form seems to be all over the place at the minute, so hopefully we can get the win but I’d be more than content with a draw to be honest.

Did I read somewhere than Sean Welsh is injured again? If so, while that’s a massive shame for him as it’ll probably mean another 6 years out, it’s good news for us as he controlled that game at Firhill 

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I think Arbroath have been the best team we’ve faced, but I also think the 0-0 against Caley was the most dominant performance I’ve seen another team have against us in at least a couple of seasons.

Caley’s form seems to be all over the place at the minute, so hopefully we can get the win but I’d be more than content with a draw to be honest.

Did I read somewhere than Sean Welsh is injured again? If so, while that’s a massive shame for him as it’ll probably mean another 6 years out, it’s good news for us as he controlled that game at Firhill 

Yeap, he is out for a few weeks I believe. Completely expected as he was probably overdue an injury. He is a class player, it would be great if he could just go a season without any injuries but I suppose that is the only reason we have been able to keep him at the club.

20 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

He’s actually worse on the tannoy than he is on the commentary. Why are the club still persevering with him?

Have some pity as he's a major major 'wannabe' who probably imagines the Caley job as a stepping stone to being a somebody.

Sadly, Reality tv has thrown up thousands upon thousands of kids like him believing in instant media celebrity.

2 hours ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

Match postponed due to an Inverness covid outbreak.

Hopefully common sense prevails and it is rescheduled outside the three week restriction period for supporter attendance.

The SPFL will want it be played as soon as possible. 

With self isolation currently being 10 days I'm going for the midweek of w/c 3/1/22 for this being rescheduled. 

18 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

The SPFL will want it be played as soon as possible. 

With self isolation currently being 10 days I'm going for the midweek of w/c 3/1/22 for this being rescheduled. 

Or maybe they will decide no rearrangement is necessary and give both teams points based on an average PPG for a laugh.

Edited by Reid