St Mirren v Celtic 22/12/21

3 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

We dropped 2 points last night. Not sure how anyone can say we were cheated. Same applies to draw at home with Livingston the last time we dropped points. 

Bite, bite, bite

Dig, dig, dig (to bury your sense of humour)

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You've never lost a match on merit/dropped points because the opposition were better, you've always been cheated out of it.

I thought you guys knew your history?

some of the penalty claims from tgfitw were laughable 🤣 sad day shouting for a pen when you know it’s really a throw in 

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

That'll be the day

You’ve no idea how sorry I am that I even asked the question, just thought I’d missed something, instead I get a bitter and twisted pensioner spouting shite.  

Edited by Drew Brees

4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

You’ve no idea how sorry I am that I even asked the question, just thought I’d missed something, instead I get a bitter and twisted pensioner spouting shite.  

:lol:

And a merry Christmas to you too, you grumpy f*****

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

That was my take (posted likewise on here) before Goody announced that we had been forced to "bend" the loan rules (basically the authorities changing said rules) to get a squad together. That is an utter nonsense. We had a bench that we basically couldn't use at this level. If that isn't unfair advantage I don't know what is.

Yeah a fair point, I think the development Loan thing was probably a bit of an oversight when factoring in the rules for numbers as I’m guessing they are counted as still being ‘available’. It’s one of those things that needs addressed but hard to change it half way through a season.

Edited by gannonball

9 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Absolutely nobody, 2 Aberdeen fans on this thread being absolute fantasists.

I’m assuming, as their team were playing last night and that the St Mirren/Celtic wasn’t televised that neither of them would’ve even seen the game. 

2 hours ago, houston_bud said:

What got me with that was the fact that the league changed the rules on bringing back loan players, but only for the boys in the lowland league. We weren't allowed to recall Lewis Jamieson from ICT, who would've almost certainly started if he'd been back, Daniel Finlayson from Kelty, or Cammy Macpherson (although I think he's injured) from St Johnstone. 

Seemed like they were making the rules up as they went along. 

Is it not because the boys in the Lowland League are away on development loans? That used to let you play for Saints Unders teams as well as the club on loan to. No idea you could just make them play first team however....

2 hours ago, aldo_j said:

I thought Johnston was Celtic’s best player and the one most likely to do something, especially in the first half.

It was so easy for us to defend without Celtic having a striker, and offering up little movement. 

Yip the first 20 minutes he should've score at least one,I think the big Greek was bought for these type of games also missed the creativity of Turnbull last night.
Shaughnessy and Fraser were very shrewd buys from Jim.

7 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Is it not because the boys in the Lowland League are away on development loans? That used to let you play for Saints Unders teams as well as the club on loan to. No idea you could just make them play first team however....

Could be, I've no idea. I'm just repeating what Goodwin said last night.