St Mirren v Celtic 22/12/21

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Hibs and now...

If inverness showed enough evidence that they didn't have enough players possible, then the league clearly cant make them kick off with say 8 players

f**k knows whats going on in the ICT camp but perhaps theres an outbreak at both first team and youth team leaving nothing to use, who knows, 

Be interesting to see what they told the spfl

3 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

are you asking or telling?

"I won't go into personal details but we have eight players who have given positive tests, plus a further seven in our development squad and three members of staff," Kensell said on Wednesday. "A further four players have been in close contact and we have a large injury list, so that only gives us eight players available" 

From hibs ceo, their positive cases first came to light hours before the KO against county

16 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

unlike the covid rules

The international call up is nothing like the Covid ‘rules’  but of course you know this.

16 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

True, I was more highlighting the inconsistency regarding squad depletion.

The rules are there and I believe it’s an absolute scandal St Mirren have been forced to play these games. My club could possibly benefit from this but it just doesn’t feel right. 

The rules are there and I believe it’s an absolute scandal St Mirren have been forced to play these games. My club could possibly benefit from this but it just doesn’t feel right. 

It’s cause it’s the Old Firm. If our opponents were Ross County and Livingston I have no doubt they’d have been postponed.
We can’t be inconveniencing Rangers and Celtic though.

Look, we all know that the SPFL plays favourites, either intentionally or by accident. We also know that the OF will always get special treatment because of who they are (the sooner they f**k off to another league the better, imo). If Celtic were down to literally 13 players, despite the size of the club, the SPFL would have called that game off, we know that simply due to the first two sentences.

As St Mirren fans, what we should be talking about is this.

How did Goodwin manage to get this cobbled together team working as a unit, when the same formation/strategy (albeit maybe less park the bus) is deployed with a team full of senior players and it has considerably mixed results.

That in itself is the most interesting aspect from a buddie's point of view.

23 minutes ago, Lex said:

It’s cause it’s the Old Firm. If our opponents were Ross County and Livingston I have no doubt they’d have been postponed.
We can’t be inconveniencing Rangers and Celtic though.

Every Rangers supporter I know wanted the St Mirren games cancelled and rightly so.

Rangers wanted the games played up to the winter break and rightly so!

The only clubs that wanted the St Mirren v Celtic to go ahead were Celtic and possibly those in competition with St Mirren 

Rangers are not one half of anything!

Ex Chairman have openly admitted that Scottish Football is run for one club and one club only!! That club is certainly not Rangers 

Maybe have a wee look at Roger Mitchell’s Twitter feed. It’s absolutely sickening that someone like that was allowed so much power in our game! He makes Phil McGobbledygook look like a fair mind well balanced individual 

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

Look, we all know that the SPFL plays favourites, either intentionally or by accident. We also know that the OF will always get special treatment because of who they are (the sooner they f**k off to another league the better, imo). If Celtic were down to literally 13 players, despite the size of the club, the SPFL would have called that game off, we know that simply due to the first two sentences.

As St Mirren fans, what we should be talking about is this.

How did Goodwin manage to get this cobbled together team working as a unit, when the same formation/strategy (albeit maybe less park the bus) is deployed with a team full of senior players and it has considerably mixed results.

That in itself is the most interesting aspect from a buddie's point of view.

I said a few weeks ago this system suits us sitting in and playing at the likes of Tynecastle, Pittodrie and against the OF as when we counter the likes of McGrath, Ronan, Tanser get space to create. Even look at County away in the first half, we were lethal.

Performances like Livi and Dundee at home when teams ask us to break them down, we struggle.

Reid and Henderson have done no harm in staking a claim for a place in the team. If Alnwick is leaving at the end of the season (got to be surely) id give Lyness a run in the team before then to see if he is capable of being a number 1.

12 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Reid and Henderson have done no harm in staking a claim for a place in the team. If Alnwick is leaving at the end of the season (got to be surely) id give Lyness a run in the team before then to see if he is capable of being a number 1.

I thought all the young lads who come in did very well, Henderson and Reid had had top team appearances before, but not many. I appreciate inconsistency and burn out are the problems for young players but I'd definitely like to see them used more in the first team.

Edited by Ric

49 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

Every Rangers supporter I know wanted the St Mirren games cancelled and rightly so.

Rangers wanted the games played up to the winter break and rightly so!

The only clubs that wanted the St Mirren v Celtic to go ahead were Celtic and possibly those in competition with St Mirren 

Ex Chairman have openly admitted that Scottish Football is run for one club and one club only!! That club is certainly not Rangers 

Maybe have a wee look at Roger Mitchell’s Twitter feed. It’s absolutely sickening that someone like that was allowed so much power in our game! He makes Phil McGobbledygook look like a fair mind well balanced individual 

The only part of that post that’s correct. 

56 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

Ex Chairman have openly admitted that Scottish Football is run for one club and one club only!! That club is certainly not Rangers.

giphy.gif

Got to say, buddy, if that is the standard of posts you are going to be making, I'm sorry I missed the your previous 63 posts as I presume they must be comedy gold.

In the last decade st mirren have beaten celtic twice and drew with them twice in all comps before wed game, thats out of 26 games, 4 results out of 26

Now we can all argue as to why the league forced st mirren to play their two games, but they did and it worked out for them arguably as any postponement likely leads to not only St mirren getting players back, but celtic as well, both full teams instead of their respective squads on wed night st mirren chances are lower, 

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

The only part of that post that’s correct. 

Now that’s just not true DB. Both Gilmour and Milne have said publicly that Scottish football is run to suit Celtic. 

Listen . I’m not saying they are 100% correct. Maybe you know better than two ex Chairmen of Premier league clubs. 

Maybe George Peat was telling lies when he claimed a phone call from a Scottish Football Chairman demanding that Rangers get absolutely no help. 

Maybe you and Ric know more than these guys but I’m going to stick my neck out and say you don’t and I tend to believe them more. 

If you haven’t read Roger Mitchell’s Twitter feed I suggest you do. It’s a real eye opener. My favourite was his open threat that those in power should remember the person that put them where they are and he can remove them as easily as he put them there.

Everything in that post is 100% spot on. 

19 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

both full teams instead of their respective squads on wed night st mirren chances are lower, 

Sorry but that’s just utter drivel. St Mirren didn’t want the game to go ahead. St Mirren didn’t have enough players to put out a team. The SPFL refused St Mirrens perfectly legitimate request to call off the game and , mid competition, changed their own rules and forced St Mirren to bring in youth players that were out on loan! 

Celtic put out a very strong team that ran right over the top of a much weakened St Mirren and created more than 30 chances. The only reason the game ended 0-0 is this Celtic squad are utterly abysmal and as poor a Celtic team I’ve seen in 50 + years! They still should have won the game very comfortably 

Celtic wanted this game as they thought they were going to pump the kids at St Mirren and then pump bottom of the league St Johnstone then close the game down for weeks to allow them to bring in players for the Old Firm game. It was the same in 2008 at New Year. There are no depths they won’t sink to 

4 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

Maybe George Peat was telling lies when he claimed a phone call from a Scottish Football Chairman demanding that Rangers get absolutely no help. 

If you haven’t read Roger Mitchell’s Twitter feed I suggest you do. It’s a real eye opener. My favourite was his open threat that those in power should remember the person that put them where they are and he can remove them as easily as he put them there.

If Peat was telling the truth (and I do know him, he's a manipulative person to be kind to him), why should 'Rangers' should have got any help from the SFA? This would possibly refer to 2008, when 'Rangers', the old club, were cheating the taxman and bending the SFA's contractual rules, for which the new club agreed to pay a paltry fine. And the truth of the matter is that 'Rangers' did get help, with fixtures being altered, the season being extended, and Peat himself trying to reschedule the SFA's Cup Final without consulting Queen of the South. 

Mitchell is a fantasist and self publicist. He was a useless c**t at the helm of the SPL, and he remains a useless c**t.

As this is as a match thread though, I've hijacked it, so a point on the game itself: is it true that St Mirren's starting eleven had an average age higher that that of the Celtic starting eleven? I'm not taking sides in this, and think the game should have been put off.

4 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

Sorry but that’s just utter drivel. St Mirren didn’t want the game to go ahead. St Mirren didn’t have enough players to put out a team. The SPFL refused St Mirrens perfectly legitimate request to call off the game and , mid competition, changed their own rules and forced St Mirren to bring in youth players that were out on loan! 

Celtic put out a very strong team that ran right over the top of a much weakened St Mirren and created more than 30 chances. The only reason the game ended 0-0 is this Celtic squad are utterly abysmal and as poor a Celtic team I’ve seen in 50 + years! They still should have won the game very comfortably 

Celtic wanted this game as they thought they were going to pump the kids at St Mirren and then pump bottom of the league St Johnstone then close the game down for weeks to allow them to bring in players for the Old Firm game. It was the same in 2008 at New Year. There are no depths they won’t sink to 

What has the bit you quoted got to do with your post

A fully fit kyogo, jota, turnbull and the odds for st mirren getting something are vastly reduced, 3 times this season in the league before wed that celtic have failed to score, once against us at ibrox, and twice against livi, in those 3 games kyogo played different position, didnt play and came on as a sub

St mirren were decimated on wed night, no one will deny it, but the celtic team was honkingly bad as well, not one recognised striker on the park, 

If that game is rearranged to say sometime in feb, chances are celtic have a full squad and while st mirren also have a full squad perhaps, the odds are vastly in celtics favour when both fully fit

21 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

Maybe you and Ric know more than these guys but I’m going to stick my neck out and say you don’t and I tend to believe them more.

:lol:

Another post, another classic.

This is typical "the world is against Rangers" nonsense rhetoric.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

:lol:

Another post, another classic.

This is typical "the world is against Rangers" nonsense rhetoric.

No Ric. It is a post full of actual quotes from people ITK.

On the other hand yours was no more than Moon Howling nonsense about the whole world being against the diddies. 

33 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

On the other hand yours was no more than Moon Howling nonsense about the whole world being against the diddies.

I mean it's entirely up to you if you wish to to ignore and diminish the all too obvious influence of the duopoly. That said, anyone seeking an objective point of view wouldn't.

Making some vague claim that one of the other clubs' chairman suggested Rangers shouldn't get preferential treatment and tying that to some explicit conspiracy theory is quite the stretch to say the least. Not just because if you ask ANY chairman in the league if they wish another team to benefit and they would say no, but because Rangers' own board have indulged in such actions on many an occasion.

So yeah, you'll forgive me if I counter the "I'm only providing facts here" line you seem to be making. In fact, I'd like to draw your attention to Gerrard's comments when he first came in, and allow me to paraphrase them... "I know f**k all about Scottish football, but I am absolutely certain Rangers are treated worst". Not only did that demonstrate Gerrard's ability to swallow any old shit, it also highlight just how entrenched a viewpoint some within the Rangers' hierarchy seem to have in that they had indoctrinated their new manager within a couple of weeks.

What then, you might wonder, how Rangers won more titles than any other team in Scotland. Such discrimination, such conspiracy, yet the plucky Rangers fights back against this oppression? Stunning story if true. It's not true though.