God Save The Queen

Lex

25 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Is that better than an ordinary MBE?

My wife's aunt got an MBE (not in this recent list - years ago. It was a good excuse for a party down at her place).

Is that a euphemism?

Must have been a long, long time ago. 😉

10 hours ago, Snafu said:

Anyone on here ever met or spoken to or been spoken to by a member of the Royal Family?

I once knew someone who worked as a chef for the Royal Family.

He used to get very upset about Spitting Image - "It's disgraceful.  They are not like that."

Latex puppets?  Apparently not.

2 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

We're not even halfway through this shite and already Liz has sacked it and today's festivities will feature "the biggest bellend in Britain"

1427434_1.jpg

Ftfy ...

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I know a few people who have got awards over the years, or got invited to a garden party etc. They were all a waste of space who talked a good game but didn't do that much.

Would this be the Royals or the Royal fluffers?

Just now, dirty dingus said:

Would this be the Royals or the Royal fluffers?

Just people from work who did a bit of charity work on the side. Not bad people really, but I could think of dozens of genuinely unsung others getting on with their stuff without looking for recognition.

13 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Just came in from the pub and switched on BBC 1......it appears they have had almost 2 hours coverage of people lighting fires.

FFS, they could have just spent the night in wester hailes.........

As it's just down the road, out of sheer curiosity I wandered over to Paisley Abbey last night to witness the beacon lighting. 

There were a few dozen people gathered round it with the Abbey choir doing a short performance, sea cadets and scouts in uniform etc.

The choir finished a specially written piece which sounded nice enough and a wee boy of about 5 turned to his rough looking da' and asked "are they going to sing The Sash now?", to guffaws from various adults around him.

I bid a swift retreat...

Where did Mike Tindall get his medals?
Tindall was made a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in 2007 for his contribution to rugby.

This is the innermost medal he wore to the Service of Thanksgiving, which is a cross shape.
The other two medals are the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal and the Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Medal.
The Diamond Jubilee Medal is a commemorative medal created in 2012 to mark the Queen’s 60th year on the throne.
It is a silver medal bearing the Queen’s face, much like a coin, along with the year of the coronation and the year of the jubilee.
Tindall received a medal as a member of the Royal Family.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

The other two medals are the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal and the Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Medal.
The Diamond Jubilee Medal is a commemorative medal created in 2012 to mark the Queen’s 60th year on the throne.
It is a silver medal bearing the Queen’s face, much like a coin, along with the year of the coronation and the year of the jubilee.

Deserved for shagging horse puss imo 

I missed Murdos commentary on most Tories walking out of Westminster every single time Ian Blackford (leader of the third largest party) gets up at PMQs.
Murdo is a cockring.

I remember him from my time at the University of Aberdeen.
He was a crap shinty player

22 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I was working on the QE2(the ship not the person) in 1990 and they came on for the 150 celebrations of Cunard Line.

TBF that's appropriate, given we're always told the Queen works for Cunard.

Ithankyou

13 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Tindall was made a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in 2007 for his contribution to rugby.

This is the innermost medal he wore to the Service of Thanksgiving, which is a cross shape.

thanks for that

13 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

So, basically, most of the milk bottle tops were being handed out for turning up. Makes Muttley demanding medals before helping Dastardly out of a problem seem positively heroic! 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

Haven't managed to get away but but I'm going to see some films I put off seeing until this weekend.

Dr Strange 2 last night.

Top Gun 2 tonight.

I'd even watch Sonic 2 to avoid this shit.

And this is only a fraction of what it will be like when she kicks the bucket.

I don't particularly mind some of the event parts of this but listening to z-listers droning on about how fantastic HRH is for hours on end is not entertaining.

Just back from walking the dog - one house decked out in UJ paraphernalia but that's all.

The Rid Stane (sic) was festooned in UJ stuff too but they're Staunch in there and they like sensible haircuts. The other pub within walking distance (The Eagle) is mixed but probly tending twards staunchness too, but that's Ayr for you.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Haven't managed to get away but but I'm going to see some films I put off seeing until this weekend.

Dr Strange 2 last night.

Top Gun 2 tonight.

I'd even watch Sonic 2 to avoid this shit.

And this is only a fraction of what it will be like when she kicks the bucket.

I don't particularly mind some of the event parts of this but listening to z-listers droning on about how fantastic HR is for hours on end is not entertaining.

I’m a diehard unionist but I can’t be bothered with all this stuff.

It reminds of Diana’s death which went on and on and on, ad infinitum 

We should just have a very low key monarchy and cut out all the hangers- on.

So, I agree with you.

If i were a royalist, i would be a tad worried that the Queen is too sick to do the basics like walk, talk and sit still while being adulated and fawned over.

She's a corgi owner and knows that once their back legs go, they're on their way out.🐕