God Save The Queen

Lex

11 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

I'm pretty sure she's never claimed such a thing.

Her full title: Elizabeth II, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith.

"By the Grace of God" means appointed by God, not man. Have you not heard of the Divine Right of Kings?

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Her full title: Elizabeth II, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith.

"By the Grace of God" means appointed by God, not man. Have you not heard of the Divine Right of Kings?

Of course I have, but it still doesn't mean she claims she comes between God and man.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Jesus is head of the church of Scotland.

Reminds me of an old joke.

Why are there more Rangers fans than Celtic fans?

It's easier to say "f**k the Pope" than "f**k the Moderator to the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland".

1 hour ago, Antlion said:

The majority of events in Glasgow appear to be church-related. I’m not religious but find this confusing - I thought Lizzie was head of the Church of England but NOT in Scotland; don’t they make play of her being just a regular member of the church? I could be off here as I don’t know the relationship, but it seems odd that it’s largely only a handful of churches that are rolling out the bunting to sing hymns and sermons praising Christ for providing a magic-blooded divine entity to reign over inferior peoples.

It shouldn't really be confusing. The Venn diagram between CoS goers and monarchy fans is going to be pretty sizable - old folk, gammons, Tories, and Rangers fans.

20 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Take your racial slurs elsewhere.  We’re not interested in that nonsense.

Thanks.

Gammon is a state of mind.

5 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

It’s a slur about someone’s skin colour.

:lol:

Blood pressure-induced ruddiness isn't a race. Nice try though.

7 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

I never said blood pressure-induced ruddiness was a race.

Nice strawman and attempt at deflection though.

🤪

Then it's not racism then is it?

Why bother even getting into it with whatever this latest novelty account is meant to be anyway.

8 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Nice strawman and attempt at deflection though.

🤪

Strawmen are yellow. That sounds a bit racist to me, tbqhwy.

6 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Why bother even getting into it with whatever this latest novelty account is meant to be anyway.

It’s describing the colour of a white person’s skin, when angry, in a negative way.  Put simply - it’s a racial slur.

it’d be the equivalent to calling a Black person black pudding or something.

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

5 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Answered your own question there, I think. Remember that this is the more in-your-face of the two sock puppets he’s working (the other one follows the usual hyperactive practice of posting faux-personal shite everywhere, like it’s going out of fashion).

98635E7D-4E2C-41E0-A195-583861B0B3DC.gif