The Famous Aberdeen v the Glesga Sevco

1 minute ago, AB1872 said:

If you don’t know by now you’ll never know

Barisic fouled twice at penalty 

Morelos booked for having arms

Kent sent off for two bookings that were not even fouls

Brown and McRorie both should have been off. Both should have been booked before they were

Barisic hit twice in the face by Hayes who was booked and had also hit Wright in the face 

Ball was moving as penalty is hit 

But hey Rangers get all the decisions. 

And breath

As far as watching Rangers v Celtic games. I don’t watch them at Parkhead and only occasionally go to these games at Ibrox. I usually give my mates daughter my Old Firm tickets. It has improved greatly since we cut the allocation but would much prefer no Celtic fans at games

1 minute ago, 10menwent2mow said:

That's an incredible take. When you watch it again, please tell me which part of his body McGregor tries to play the ball with. He dives across the face of hedges body in a full superman dive and gets nowhere near the football with any part of himself. 

He goes with his hands to try and block it, the picture I posted above shows that.

4 minutes ago, gaz5 said:
6 minutes ago, G51 said:
The reward is stopping a counter attack. 
Using this logic and applying it consistently throughout the match effectively conceded the game.

Is that reward greater or less than the risk of going to 10 men, given the scenario at that specific time?

So applying this as a logical argument: given that the risk is always going to be going down to ten men (or further), what actions do actually merit intervention? When you’ve backed off him so far that he’s dribbled to the 6 yard box and about to strike?

I would accept that point if Kent actually committed a bookable offence but he never. He never clattered into Brown, he never went through him. He done very, very little other than try and get in front of the ball.
So you agree, the risk was higher than the reward and he should have stayed away from Brown entirely.

That's all I've been saying.

Clancy's terrible decision making (as I've always agreed it's not a yellow) doesn't absolve all the poor decisions made by players before he makes his poor decision.

2 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

As far as watching Rangers v Celtic games. I don’t watch them at Parkhead and only occasionally go to these games at Ibrox. I usually give my mates daughter my Old Firm tickets. It has improved greatly since we cut the allocation but would much prefer no Celtic fans at games

There's not a chance you've been to a game of football in your life.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

McGregor is less than a metre away at the point Hedges nicks the ball ahead of him. How can you look at the picture below and say it isn’t a genuine attempt to play the ball?

C581A9E2-C5E0-4DD6-8B1C-8595C19CF606.png

Never in a million years is he getting to that ball.  That still is taken after the Aberdeen boy has flicked it over him.  He was nowhere near the ball when that happened and it took the ball further away from him.

Single still pictures show nothing relevant in these scenarios.

Just now, gaz5 said:

So you agree, the risk was higher than the reward and he should have stayed away from Brown entirely.

That's all I've been saying.

Clancy's terrible decision making (as I've always agreed it's not a yellow) doesn't absolve all the poor decisions made by players before he makes his poor decision.

I just found it funny that I said it wasn’t a second bookable offence, you first replied by saying Clancy thought it was, which was kind of bizarre. It then evolved to Kent was wrong rather than just accept the fact that all I was commenting on was the decision to give a yellow card for a nothing foul.

3 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

van Bronckhorst seems far too likeable to manage Rangers. 

He’s been away 20 year. He’ll turn into a cunt soon enough. People always do when they start to be employed by Rangers.

4 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

Staunch.

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Never in a million years is he getting to that ball.  That still is taken after the Aberdeen boy has flicked it over him.  He was nowhere near the ball when that happened and it took the ball further away from him.

Single still pictures show nothing relevant in these scenarios.

I agree, stills are poor, but in this case it shows how fine the margins were. If you are arguing he wasn’t genuinely going for the ball but he never deliberately took out Hedges, the only option left is that he was disingenuously going for the ball? I don’t think that’s very plausible.

So applying this as a logical argument: given that the risk is always going to be going down to ten men (or further), what actions do actually merit intervention? When you’ve backed off him so far that he’s dribbled to the 6 yard box and about to strike?
You can't be for real.

I don't know how much more specific I can be here. I am not and never have been advocating this approach to every tackle in every game.

I even posted a very simple "not every challenge, just that one".

I am taking about this specific situation, where Clancy has been terrible all night, the player you are running towards is ALWAYS going to try and get you sent off and he's already clearly just going to play it long down the line. So IN THIS SCENARIO, let him.

If he doesn't and you can squeeze him as a team, even better.

There's no need for Kent to put Brown under any pressure there. He makes a poor decision and gets a red for it by playing into a master shithousers hands and asking a ref who had made poor decisions all night, including his own booking, to make another one.

If this wasn't a Rangers player, you'd think the same, like most other sane non Rangers fans.

I just found it funny that I said it wasn’t a second bookable offence, you first replied by saying Clancy thought it was, which was kind of bizarre. It then evolved to Kent was wrong rather than just accept the fact that all I was commenting on was the decision to give a yellow card for a nothing foul.
I think you missed the irony in my first post.

That's the answer Van Bronckhorst always gives in these scenarios. That all that matters is what the referee thinks.

I didn't see him tonight, but will assume he kept that line going.

12 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

If you don’t know by now you’ll never know

Barisic fouled twice at penalty 

Morelos booked for having arms

Kent sent off for two bookings that were not even fouls

Brown and McRorie both should have been off. Both should have been booked before they were

Barisic hit twice in the face by Hayes who was booked and had also hit Wright in the face 

Ball was moving as penalty is hit 

But hey Rangers get all the decisions. 

^

Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

Just now, AJF said:

I agree, stills are poor, but in this case it shows how fine the margins were. If you are arguing he wasn’t genuinely going for the ball but he never deliberately took out Hedges, the only option left is that he was disingenuously going for the ball? I don’t think that’s very plausible.

I never said he didn’t deliberately take him out but that matters not a jot.  Again, totally irrelevant.  A foul is a matter of fact in the laws, nothing to do with intent.  If you accidentally trip or impede someone it’s still a foul.  A season or two back, and I think it was Rangers that benefited, a player was accidentally tripped in the box by a player trying not to make a challenge.  Result, penalty and red card, correctly.  Accidental but no genuine attempt to play the ball.

Intent only comes in with reckless and dangerous play.

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

I never said he didn’t deliberately take him out but that matters not a jot.  Again, totally irrelevant.  A foul is a matter of fact in the laws, nothing to do with intent.  If you accidentally trip or impede someone it’s still a foul.  A season or two back, and I think it was Rangers that benefited, a player was accidentally tripped in the box by a player trying not to make a challenge.  Result, penalty and red card, correctly.  Accidental but no genuine attempt to play the ball.

Intent only comes in with reckless and dangerous play.

My argument wasn’t about intent, though. My point is, if you accept there was no deliberate attempt to foul Hedges, then the only way it could be a penalty and a red card is if there is no genuine attempt to play the ball.

Which then means if McGregor was not intending to foul the player, then the only possible alternative left is that he was attempting to play the ball. Just because Hedges got there before him doesn’t change that.

6 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

I think you missed the irony in my first post.

That's the answer Van Bronckhorst always gives in these scenarios. That all that matters is what the referee thinks.

I didn't see him tonight, but will assume he kept that line going.

It still doesn’t explain the insistence on passing blame to Ryan Kent when you actually agree with what I originally said…