The Famous Aberdeen v the Glesga Sevco

3 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Why was it not serious foul play. He was late, out of control and took the player out. Just because he is a keeper doesn't change those facts, or where it happened on the pitch. 

If you think it was serious foul play, we will need to agree to disagree. It was not a tackle that endangered an opponent or was made with excessive force or brutality.

He never lead with his studs, the contact was not what I’d consider excessive force, it was legs coming together.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

If you think it was serious foul play, we will need to agree to disagree. It was not a tackle that endangered an opponent or was made with excessive force or brutality.

He never lead with his studs, the contact was not what I’d consider excessive force, it was legs coming together.

Again, as it was with Hedges a couple of years back. 

He's missed the ball by miles and was late. That's serious foul play for me. Excessive force we can agree to disagree on. 

I always look at these decisions with the idea if it was given against you, how would you feel. Would you have been happy if it was Lewis on Morelos?

1 hour ago, AB1872 said:

As far as watching Rangers v Celtic games. I don’t watch them at Parkhead and only occasionally go to these games at Ibrox. I usually give my mates daughter my Old Firm tickets. It has improved greatly since we cut the allocation but would much prefer no Celtic fans at games

Most of us would prefer neither of you at any games. 

48 minutes ago, coprolite said:

One of my kids will be getting a hiding for tampering with the tivo. Sportscene highlights only. 

Looked ok. Probably not for neutrals or fans of aesthetic football but i'd have liked to see it. 

Unbelievable call for McGregor to get away with wiping out hedges. Unbelievably shite defending straight after. Looks like we still need to sort out the defence. Maybe introduce them to each other and allocate positions would be a start. 

That's a particularly dislikeable rangers team, even by their horrible c**t standards. 

Harsh to blame the kid.  They only do what the manager tells them.  Sounds like you’ve sent them out with a poor gameplan.

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

We need VAR because it would be funny seeing the Rangers goal ruled out when VAR recommends the ref to award a penalty up the other end.

That's exactly what would have happened tonight. The referee doesn't think it's a penalty so there is no break in play and Rangers score. VAR would have looked at the Hedges incident, ruled out Rangers goal and given the penalty. I hate VAR, but it would have been worth it for that senario alone.

More than happy with our performance tonight, and apart from a ten minute spell just after Rangers goal when we never got a kick of the ball, we pretty much dominated that match. If we had been given a penalty and McGregor was sent off, we more than likely win pretty comfortably. No weak links in our team tonight, and a lot of our fans need to be giving David Bates a huge apology, because after an iffy start with us, he has really come on to consistently great performances. 

5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

More than happy with our performance tonight, and apart from a ten minute spell just after Rangers goal when we never got a kick of the ball, we pretty much dominated that match. If we had been given a penalty and McGregor was sent off, we more than likely win pretty comfortably. No weak links in our team tonight, and a lot of our fans need to be giving David Bates a huge apology, because after an iffy start with us, he has really come on to consistently great performances. 

Aye twice this season better team in both games .but of course big decisions not going our way is a c**t .  .  What was up with Ramsey told plenty times from Brown get past halfway line and he wouldn’t cross that line. Wasn’t himself going forward last night and reason our midfield had not option to turn inside a lot .,  massive difference once Hayes went there.    Well happy with the performances do that every week and things look hell lot better come end the season .
Love see us add that extra wide option up front this window .

Oh  and nice see few mouthy **** get put on there arse in Park  Road before the game . Some things never change . 

Given McGregor's normal reaction when things happen around him, the fact that he simply ran back to his goal with no histrionics last night, tells you everything you need to know about the Hedges incident. McGregor knew he'd got away with not giving a penalty and not getting sent off.

7 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Again, as it was with Hedges a couple of years back. 

He's missed the ball by miles and was late. That's serious foul play for me. Excessive force we can agree to disagree on. 

I always look at these decisions with the idea if it was given against you, how would you feel. Would you have been happy if it was Lewis on Morelos?

Good question. 

Also if it was that way round of course it would have been a penalty and sending off .. no doubt about it.

10 hours ago, AJF said:

I never said it wasn’t a foul, I said it wasn’t a booking. Absolute minimal contact and Brown’s theatrics got him sent off. Poor refereeing.

Graeme Souness ,  Kyle Laugherty , Alfredo Morellos , Alan MacGregor  and more  all have history of theatrics . When the cap fits and all that. 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

@AJF I hope a good nights sleep has you feeling better this morning. 

Haha, feeling just dandy, mate.

33 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Graeme Souness ,  Kyle Laugherty , Alfredo Morellos , Alan MacGregor  and more  all have history of theatrics . When the cap fits and all that. 

Whataboutery doesn't stop what I said being true.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think both things can be true quite easily. 

It’s probably harsh on Kent but he’s naive. It looks like he’s left his foot in when you watch it live. Needs to make a more pronounced effort to withdraw from the challenge. 

You also have to factor in the ref gets to see it once in real time, when I saw it happen first thing I said was he’s off. It’s only with the benefit of a replay that i then thought it was possibly a bit harsh however it’s a tackle Kent doesn’t need to make knowing he’s on a yellow and knowing exactly who he is tackling. 

Edited by Jinky67

I’d argue Kent being naive or not doesn’t excuse that it was the wrong decision, though. That’s been my only point, really. There is no way Kent should carry equal blame for the referee getting it wrong.

The decision almost certainly wouldn’t have impacted the final result, but now we go without Kent for a match when we are already missing our main creative influence in Aribo.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think both things can be true quite easily. 

It’s probably harsh on Kent but he’s naive. It looks like he’s left his foot in when you watch it live. Needs to make a more pronounced effort to withdraw from the challenge. 

Similar to Jenks v St Mirren.

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

Haha, feeling just dandy, mate..

Phew 

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’d argue Kent being naive or not doesn’t excuse that it was the wrong decision, though. That’s been my only point, really. There is no way Kent should carry equal blame for the referee getting it wrong.

The decision almost certainly wouldn’t have impacted the final result, but now we go without Kent for a match when we are already missing our main creative influence in Aribo.

ah…

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

Kent is a thoroughly unlikeable player for opposition fans the way he scowls his way through matches, up there with Morelos, so it was extremely pleasant for me to see him being sent off.