The Famous Aberdeen v the Glesga Sevco

1 minute ago, Flybhoy said:

Ryan Kent truly is an absolute fucking weapon of a guy 😂

Taps making a sound like a foghorn, google says ballcock. Is that easy to fix or will I flood the hoose?

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I’d say it was probably a foul. Then the red card depends on whether a penalty was given or not. If it was then it would be a yellow I believe under the “double punishment” law.

It’s the triple punishment law.

If he gives a foul there he has to think dogsco.  If he’s outside the boxit’s a red.  If he’s inside it’s only not a red if McGrogor is making a genuine attempt to play the ball.

Inside or outside if he gives the foul it’s a red.

So, to summarise, you agree it was the wrong decision? Because that’s all I said.
I said that in the first post you replied to, where you tried to absolve Kent of his own poor decision making. At no point have I said it was a yellow card. My point, which still stands, is that Kent made the first poor decision by going anywhere near Brown. That's the root cause. He doesn't do that, Clancy doesn't get a chance to Clancy.

Just now, Left Back said:

It’s the triple punishment law.

If he gives a foul there he has to think dogsco.  If he’s outside the boxit’s a red.  If he’s inside it’s only not a red if McGrogor is making a genuine attempt to play the ball.

Inside or outside if he gives the foul it’s a red.

What makes you think McGregor wasn’t trying to play the ball? There was no deliberate attempt to make contact with Hedges, albeit he did make contact with him.

The only reason a keeper comes out their box like that is to play the ball.

2 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

I said that in the first post you replied to, where you tried to absolve Kent of his own poor decision making. At no point have I said it was a yellow card. My point, which still stands, is that Kent made the first poor decision by going anywhere near Brown. That's the root cause. He doesn't do that, Clancy doesn't get a chance to Clancy.

That’s a daft argument though. Are players not supposed to go near Brown for the whole game? Seems like a pretty dumb tactic to me.

1 minute ago, gaz5 said:

My original point was it wasn’t a bookable offence. It seems you agree. Whether Kent was naive or not is immaterial to the fact that it wasn’t a booking.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

What makes you think McGregor wasn’t trying to play the ball? There was no deliberate attempt to make contact with Hedges, albeit he did make contact with him.

The only reason a keeper comes out their box like that is to play the ball.

The word is genuine.  He’s not got near the ball at any time.  That’s not classed as a genuine attempt to play the ball.  It’s all in the laws for anyone that wants to read them.

8 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:
10 minutes ago, Orbix said:
Bit of a pisser, think it’s the first real mistake in game management from Gio since he’s started.
Positives in that Sands played decently and didn’t look out of place. Other than that, sat too deep a lot of the time, shouldn’t have taken Hagi off. 

Clancy is just a rotten referee. So so shit. Bring on VAR.

You realise that would have meant 70 minutes of 10 men and a goal down?

10 men yes, goal no, think it’d have been a free kick given McGregor’s position. Don’t think the penalty gets given with VAR. Would have cut down on the other shite as well.

That’s a daft argument though. Are players not supposed to go near Brown for the whole game? Seems like a pretty dumb tactic to me.
Yeah, cos that's what I've said. [emoji1751]

If you don't understand that you play the conditions at any given point in the game, in the individual game, I can't help you.

It's not a yellow card.

But 5 minutes to go, in a game you've already picked up a stupid yellow from a ref handing them out like sweeties, who had been controlled the whole night by Brown, running towards said biggest shithouser of the last decade, any player with a brain has a think and stays out of that under those conditions.

1 minute ago, Iminavest said:

The buns feeling hard done by despite having 11 men for an hour longer than they should have...

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

You can be critical of a poor decision while accepting you’ve also had one go your way earlier.

Just now, gaz5 said:

Yeah, cos that's what I've said. emoji1751.png

If you don't understand that you play the conditions at any given point in the game, in they individual game, I can't help you.

It's not a yellow card.

But 5 minutes to go, in a game you've already picked up a stupid yellow from a ref handing them out line sweeties, who had been controlled the while night by Brown, running towards said biggest shithouser of the last decade, any player with a brain has a think and stays out of that under those conditions.

I don’t really care, I’m not blaming Kent because Brown took a dive. I want my players 100% committed, not second guessing every challenge they make.