Rovers v Pars ..2nd Jan if COVID allows

I have no idea why Raith fans are so amazed that fans of an Ayr side who had won three games in eighteen and hadn’t got close to beating a side in the top half, and now a Dunfermline side who have won two games in eighteen have labelled themselves as pish. 

Both teams have been dreadful, it’s hardly an outrageous argument. 

Also down playing your clubs disgusting actions as a joke and beat others for mentioning this behaviour shows utter contemptible ignorance. 

Give it a rest mate! That really is getting extremely boring now. It’s every single time we play them, you bring it up as if that holds any relevance to the game coming up.

Why don’t you try just talking about the footballing side of things?

3 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

And here it starts, our midfield is honking blah blah blah. 

Our best midfielder is currently injured or out of favour and our next two are an old head who doesn't have the legs you have in midfield and a guy who left Queen of the South and their fans were glad to see him go. Oh, and he hasn't been playing recently. Instead we have 2 youth players who might well make it at Championship level but are nowhere near to that yet. So yes, our midfield is honking. Our defence is just as bad by the way, as evidenced by being skudded 3-0 three times at home already this season, one of which was last week. We are near the bottom for a reason you know.

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Our best midfielder is currently injured or out of favour and our next two are an old head who doesn't have the legs you have in midfield and a guy who left Queen of the South and their fans were glad to see him go. Oh, and he hasn't been playing recently. Instead we have 2 youth players who might well make it at Championship level but are nowhere near to that yet. So yes, our midfield is honking. Our defence is just as bad by the way, as evidenced by being skudded 3-0 three times at home already this season, one of which was last week. We are near the bottom for a reason you know.

I know man. We’ve heard it all before though. It just depends which Rovers team turns up. Derby games are totally unpredictable 

We should really be strolling this with the teams respective form this season, obviously derby games do level the playing field as teams are all out for them as shown in the last two draws. It all depends on which Rovers team turns up as your U12s would have beaten the team that played Ayr United last time out we should have been hammered by them.  I guess it’ll come down to our new midfield and their ability to control the middle without Spencer as we created nothing against Ayr or Partick. We’re also lacking a striker to grab a goal when playing poorly while Pars have goal scorers on the books (misfiring but still proven at this level).  I fully expect Pars to be in our faces from the off as it worked for Ayr and Partick and we struggled to pass out from the back, hopefully playing on our carpet we’re back to the passing team we were earlier in the season. Soon see if SJM has sorted the problems of recent games or if our bottle has crashed. 

18 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I have no idea why Raith fans are so amazed that fans of an Ayr side who had won three games in eighteen and hadn’t got close to beating a side in the top half, and now a Dunfermline side who have won two games in eighteen have labelled themselves as pish. 

Both teams have been dreadful, it’s hardly an outrageous argument. 

It’s not that you think your team is pish, it’s the ‘we’ve absolutely no chance in this game’ drivel that’s tedious. No one in this league is unbeatable. Every team has a chance against every other team in the league, as the result at Somerset proved. 

Just now, roverthemoon said:

It’s not that you think your team is pish, it’s the ‘we’ve absolutely no chance in this game’ drivel that’s tedious. No one in this league is unbeatable. Every team has a chance against every other team in the league, as the result at Somerset proved. 

I guess that’s fair. 

Though, I would counter that by saying Ayr under Duffy would have had no chance whatsoever. I think we all knew that Duffy was holding us back but not to the extent that we could beat one of the leagues better teams by two, going on five. We really should see a comfortable Raith win today - especially given your signings. It’ll be interesting if you get back on track!

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I guess that’s fair. 

Though, I would counter that by saying Ayr under Duffy would have had no chance whatsoever. I think we all knew that Duffy was holding us back but not to the extent that we could beat one of the leagues better teams by two, going on five. We really should see a comfortable Raith win today - especially given your signings. It’ll be interesting if you get back on track!

If we could get a goal scorer. The work Varian does creating spaces for others is wasted as there’s no one willing to commit going forward 

It'll be really interesting to see whether one or both of Stanton and Williamson get the nod to start. Knowing McGlynn, I think he will stick with Matthews and Tait, with both Stanton and Williamson coming off the bench later on. 

Sentimentality aside, Tait should be dropping out. Over the last five games our biggest issue has been a lack of goals, but it all stems from an inability to control the middle of the park, which makes our play down the wings our only option, and that becomes too predictable and easy to counter. 

We haven't been able to change the forward line yet, so the midfield has to change. To go with the same set up as the last few weeks is just going to invite the same problems. Particularly in light of the Pars' deficiencies, we should be doing everything possible to dominate the midfield. 

13 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

It’s not that you think your team is pish, it’s the ‘we’ve absolutely no chance in this game’ drivel that’s tedious.  

Of which no one has said that, we are pish and it's unlikely that we'll get any sort of result here, Dunfermline fans(and Ayr) have been consistent with that throughout the season because we've been really bad. 

37 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Also down playing your clubs disgusting actions as a joke and beat others for mentioning this behaviour shows utter contemptible ignorance. 

I hope you were personally affected. 

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I guess that’s fair. 

Think it really depends on if anyone can fill the role Spencer plays for us. We’re very average when he’s not playing he’s definitely our main man this season and controls the middle for us. It was night and day between Rovers and Ayr at Starks when he went off. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Of which no one has said that, we are pish and it's unlikely that we'll get any sort of result here, Dunfermline fans(and Ayr) have been consistent with that throughout the season because we've been really bad. 

I hope you were personally affected. 

Sweep sweep

15 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I guess that’s fair. 

Think our new signings and systems might take a few games to gel, but hopefully I’m wrong. My main worry is the absence of Berra today. We saw how jittery our defence was without him against you. Hopefully that was a blip. 

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Of which no one has said that

That’s fair. It’s been alluded to, but not actually stated on this thread. It was definitely said earlier in the season before the 1-1 game and we had to endure it on the recent Ayr thread. Anyway, going to shut up about it as my complaining about it is becoming just as predictable as the we’ve no chance patter. Mon the Rovers. Get it right up them.