Rovers v Pars ..2nd Jan if COVID allows

Just now, Raithie said:

Never really got the Jamie Gullan love in from some of our fans. 

What’s our options. McGlynn has kinda solved the midfield situation and I really want Stanton to hit the ground running. But our attack is utterly paper thin

Just now, baillieinleeds said:

What’s our options. McGlynn has kinda solved the midfield situation and I really want Stanton to hit the ground running. But our attack is utterly paper thin

40 odd games and he barely broke double figures in front of goal for us. Whether the Goodwillie rumours were true or not McGlynn hasn't even intimated he's actively looking for a striker. 

9 minutes ago, Raithie said:

40 odd games and he barely broke double figures in front of goal for us. Whether the Goodwillie rumours were true or not McGlynn hasn't even intimated he's actively looking for a striker. 

McGlynn has also intimated that he wants to win the league, not with Nae goals Varian leading the charge that’s for sure

1 minute ago, baillieinleeds said:

McGlynn has also intimated that he wants to win the league, not with Nae goals Varian leading the charge that’s for sure

Was our strike force a concern when we went 15 games unbeaten? Too many other players are off the boil at the moment without singling out Varian. 

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

Was our strike force a concern when we went 15 games unbeaten? Too many other players are off the boil at the moment without singling out Varian. 

Losing Spencer and also players getting sent off hasn’t helped our cause if I’m honest, hopefully Stanton and Williamson inject a new sense of purpose. I’m not trying to be arsey. 

25 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Losing Spencer and also players getting sent off hasn’t helped our cause if I’m honest, hopefully Stanton and Williamson inject a new sense of purpose. I’m not trying to be arsey. 

Agree with that. Like you say plugging the gap with loss of Spencer and Tait with Stanton and hopefully Williamson should give us a bit more impetus in that area. Ayr game was a nonsense with individual errors and Lang having a poor game. Really could do with Zanatta reproducing his form from earlier in the season. 

41 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Tbf McGlynn has said in his pre match interview we are looking to bring in a striker but this was obviously up after your post. We also tried to sign Callum Hendry at the end of the last loan window but lost out to Killie so we were looking, we just couldn’t find the appropriate quality and JM was happy to run with what we had rather that add another number for the sake of it.

As said before, Jamie Gullan would be a fine addition to the squad for competition in various attacking positions but he shouldn’t be signed as our new number 9, we need someone with a physical presence who can link play and get us up the pitch and McGlynn’s interview suggests that is the type of player he is looking for.

Onto the game, agree with Paco that Stanton for Zanatta would my change. Also, I believe Williamson has been training with the club this week, so whilst I don’t think he’ll start, he will definitely be in contention to play a part.

Our group got a ticket for this so looking forward to it more than a couple of days ago but still no where near the feeling around a normal derby.

We've got a mystery player self-isolating who'll miss the game. No clues to his identity other than "he's staying with his parents at the moment" so you'd assume it's one of the younger members of the squad, but really could be anyone. 

With the players testing daily and the rates where they are, it'd probably be a surprise if there's just the one missing out across both squads. 

In the game at EEP we were on course to win that. We weren’t comfortable as such, but we decided just to shit the bed, sat back and allowed Rovers chance after chance in the last 15 minutes and they eventually took one.

We only ever look like scoring this season from a bit of magic by Dom, and he is still out. I’d drop Dow for Lawless and play Kennedy out left. This potentially could be a game where McCann thrives, but he needs someone to help him. Hopefully there is some midfield options to be added before this, but not likely. That’s how bad this squad is. You’re best chucking in players barely at the club as the other options are rank rotten. Pybus, Todd, and Allan all nowhere near good enough. But that’s all we have to choose from to play beside Dorrans in the middle, who doesn’t do much either; just sits back, sweeps up, and does the basics. Badly need someone in the middle that can grab the game by the scruf and also someone in the middle to actually take us up the pitch instead of these shitebags turning towards our own goal, or crab walking with the ball in the middle.

23 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

We've got a mystery player self-isolating who'll miss the game. No clues to his identity other than "he's staying with his parents at the moment" so you'd assume it's one of the younger members of the squad, but really could be anyone. 

With the players testing daily and the rates where they are, it'd probably be a surprise if there's just the one missing out across both squads. 

Hope it’s not Jamie MacDonald

5 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Whit? We have one central midfielder (Spencer) and he’s injured. Unless we are getting Hendry back, it’s looking tricky.

8 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Yogi Hughes is in the Courier more often than a man having an affair with his Hermes lady. 

His latest effort is an attempt to take full responsibility for getting the Rovers relegated, whilst heavily insinuating that others were actually responsible. 

Honestly man, he's such a haver. 

He’s a bald, Peaky Blinders copying, Leith c**t.

I just wish we had a midfield so we could ruin his day.